Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

Oh just saw this after posting my question. Looks like you went to Chatsworth local office. Did your partner go with you or were you on your own? If your partner was with you, did they let them in? 

Thanks and congrats. I actually had the same interview date originally but we went back to the UK for the holidays. Really surprised we got our interviews scheduled so quickly. 

Hi there. Yes, my field office was Chatsworth, and I went there with my husband, (I didn't take my child.) 

The officer asked questions to both of us based on I-751. You had better go interview with your partner. 

Good luck! No worry, it will be easy interview! 

On 12/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Farrah said:

Has anyone asked to reschedule an interview recently? My husbands case has been “ready to schedule interview” since Jan 2021 and nothing has changed although I see in my informed delivery there is a letter. I’m assuming it’s going to be an interview letter. We are booked to travel back to Egypt in 2 weeks. I had a feeling this was going to happen. Do they reschedule without problems or is it better to change our flights. 

Yes, I did. I was away for my original interview, I called up USCIS and they contact the local office. Your interview will get cancelled and then your status will change to ready for interview and it took a couple of weeks for them to then schedule the next one. That was how is was for me anyway. 

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

11 hours ago, Emma_Aya said:

Hi there. Yes, my field office was Chatsworth, and I went there with my husband, (I didn't take my child.) 

The officer asked questions to both of us based on I-751. You had better go interview with your partner. 

Good luck! No worry, it will be easy interview! 

Ah thanks so much for clarifying. Super helpful as the letter does not state she needs to be there but we were certain she had to be so now she will be. 

Not worried as we have been married now for four years, living together for three and a baby on the way so I think they may well just believe it's genuine haha. 

Thanks again

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

For all of you that are still waiting... I made an inquiry regarding processing times and USCIS gave me the response that the posted times are "their goals that are subject to change" and they just apologised "for inconvenience that they may caused". 

It seems that they are extremely detached from reality. It's not how the governmental body should act... 

Timeline

I have an additional question. My case was transferred from Texas so MSC in December 2021 (filed early October). How long is the wait usually for biometrics and is that something that I schedule myself or will I just receive a letter with a date and time? Planning to visit my home country  during the spring but it’s so difficult not being able to follow any type of timeline.. assuming that this will take some time and I’ve seen some different timelines in this tread so feels like it differs a lot! 

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

34 minutes ago, C-Sweden said:

I have an additional question. My case was transferred from Texas so MSC in December 2021 (filed early October). How long is the wait usually for biometrics and is that something that I schedule myself or will I just receive a letter with a date and time? Planning to visit my home country  during the spring but it’s so difficult not being able to follow any type of timeline.. assuming that this will take some time and I’ve seen some different timelines in this tread so feels like it differs a lot! 

It was about 1 month for my wife.  This was 2017.  Now I’m seeing longer wait time for biometrics. Upward of 8-10 weeks.  

she was MSC also

Edited by lsu_mike

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
23 minutes ago, davidoffbln said:

We had our interview today. How long does it usually take until the status is updated online?

omg congrats! I am still waiting for mine 😕 where was your interview (city/state)? How long did you wait for it?

Just now, Rose Iaquinto said:

omg congrats! I am still waiting for mine 😕 where was your interview (city/state)? How long did you wait for it?

Thank you! San Diego, CA. We filed in Nov 2019. 

5 hours ago, davidoffbln said:

We had our interview today. How long does it usually take until the status is updated online?

Congrats!

It took about a week for my wife.  We had the interview on a Monday and the following Monday it was updated to “card being produced”. It updated about a day later showing approved then a few days later showing the card was mailed with tracking number.  Got the 797 approval and card about 2 weeks after interview.  

On 1/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, wtl751 said:

Hey yall, 

I've been following this forum ever since I submitted my I751 application back in Jan, 2020. I finally got an update in Dec 2020, so I want to share with you folks here. Here's my timeline and application info.,

Case Number: MSC20906XXXXX

Mailed out Date: 1/5/2020

USCIS Received: 1/23/2020

Extension Letter Dated: 1/27/2020

Bio Appointment: 2/19/2020

Case Ready to be Scheduled : 12/22/2020

Local Field Office: San Francisco

Seems like the time between Case Ready to be Scheduled to Interview Scheduled ranges from 1 month to more than a year. I guess the interview date depends on how busy the local field is.

Btw, any Jan 2020 filers here?

Update:
Interview is Schedule: 12/9/2021
Interview Date: 1/6/2021
Card is being produced: 1/6/2021
Case is Approved: 1/7/21

On 12/17/2021 at 7:01 PM, da95826 said:

No not allowed, if you maintain that you are together in a bona fide marriage and you are not, you have already filed for divorce you would be subject to charge of misrepresentation which may prevent you from getting any immigrant benefit in the future.

You are eligible to switch to a i751 divorce waiver case at the interview as you have filed for divorce, and you should bring a letter to the interview requesting the USCIS officer convert your joint i751 case to an i751 waiver based on bona fide marriage ending in divroce. It is a good idea to make a request to convert your i751 case in writing at the interview.

Bring proof you have filed for divorce to the interview.

Bring updated proof of your bonafide marriage up to the point of separation from your spouse to the interview.

Yes you will get an RFE for a final divorce decree months later and will have months to reply.

Do not delay notifying USCIS of the change in status of your marriage. To be approved for i751 divorce waiver case you need a final divoce decree and proof that you entered into the marriage in good faith. USCIS returnly approves i751 divorce waiver cases with the divorce decree and good faith marriage proof.

The tricky part is that my final divorce decree won't be available till June 2022. Waiver petition requires the final divorce decree, meaning I'm not qualified to switch to waiver until June. 

Update from my interview: 
We both attended the interview on 6th Jan and it was approved the next day. We told IO we filed for divorce but he allowed us to proceed with the original joint petition. So we did the interview and the case was approved.

Edited by wtl751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
17 minutes ago, wtl751 said:

We both attended the interview on 6th Jan and it was approved the next day. We told IO we filed for divorce but he allowed us to proceed with the original joint petition. So we did the interview and the case was approved.

Congratulations, it was wise to go with your spouse and being forthcoming with the USCIS officer about what is happening with your marriage. Sounds like you were able to prove your marriage was made in good faith. Glad it is working out for you.   

Have you got a notice of approval or a notice your new card is being produced yet?

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.