1,346 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, Murph4444 said:

AOS from TN update:

04/01/19 - AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox via USPS

04/08/19 - Texts received

04/09/19 - Checks cashed

04/12/19 - NOA received by mail

04/19/19 - Biometrics appointment notice received by mail and set for May 2

Had my Biometrics on May 2. Status was changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" on May 7....then nothing. Crickets. No EAD, Travel Document updates, No interview actually scheduled. Nothing. Frustrating wait to be sure.

What's the wait for the EAD and Travel Document nowadays? Just that has to be over 6 months. 

Edited by Murph4444

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Murph4444 said:

Had my Biometrics on May 2. Status was changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" on May 7....then nothing. Crickets. No EAD, Travel Document updates, No interview actually scheduled. Nothing. Frustrating wait to be sure.

What's the wait for the EAD and Travel Document nowadays? Just that has to be over 6 months. 

Crickets for me too.

Good news though -- processing times at National Benefits Centre just went down to 2.5-5 months. Looking forward to seeing more interviews scheduled, hopefully soon! 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vans said:

Good news though -- processing times at National Benefits Centre just went down to 2.5-5 months. Looking forward to seeing more interviews scheduled, hopefully soon! 😊

Edit: I meant approvals as EAD/APs don't have interviews. Brain got too excited. But more interviews are good too! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Vans said:

Edit: I meant approvals as EAD/APs don't have interviews. Brain got too excited. But more interviews are good too! :D

Oh wow that changed a lot I feel like, but that’s awesome I’m less than 30 days away from being able to contact them and ask. Hopefully doesn’t change! 

03/29/2019: Filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864

03/29/2019: Priority date for I-130 and I-485

03/31/2019: Delivered

04/05/2019: 12:30am Text Messages with receipt numbers received

04/05/2019: Checks cashed

04/08/2019: Hard copy NOA's received (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/22/2019: Biometrics Completed

08/16/2019: Notification that Interview was Scheduled

09/24/2019: Interview Scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick question:  is the fact that my EAD and AP just say "received" a cause for concern, or just standard crapshoot USCIS updating?

I've been trying to just put my head in the sand over my AP and EAD considering the wait times, but with the supposed processing time drop, I have a tiny drop of hope of sooner rather than later and don't want to be worried that it says "received" because my application is the one they accidentally dropped in the trash.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, d24v said:

Quick question:  is the fact that my EAD and AP just say "received" a cause for concern, or just standard crapshoot USCIS updating?

I've been trying to just put my head in the sand over my AP and EAD considering the wait times, but with the supposed processing time drop, I have a tiny drop of hope of sooner rather than later and don't want to be worried that it says "received" because my application is the one they accidentally dropped in the trash.  

Mine also says "case was received" and I requested an expedite almost 2 months ago. So it's normal. USCIS can't seem to get it together half the time. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Timeline

Our case tracker changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview" today! I wish this actually told us how much longer we should be waiting!

We don't really have much in both of our names, I have contacted my landlord 5 times now requesting he be added to our lease, and he won't respond to me, so I will print emails as proof that I've tried. We have separate bank accounts, I guess maybe we can throw together a joint savings account but we don't really see the point of joint accounts since I pay all the bills while he waits for a job anyway. We tried getting him a state license but the people at the DMV were confused and wouldn't issue it without an SSN, so we still need to try that again too. I have changed my last name to his and changed all my accounts to my new name. I'm considering adding him as an authorized user on my credit card and getting him added to our utility bills. We have lots of photos together. Suddenly nervous we don't have enough evidence and I should have done this sooner but I've been soooo busy! Would it be worth it to get affidavits from our friends and family? 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

17 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Our case tracker changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview" today! I wish this actually told us how much longer we should be waiting!

We don't really have much in both of our names, I have contacted my landlord 5 times now requesting he be added to our lease, and he won't respond to me, so I will print emails as proof that I've tried. We have separate bank accounts, I guess maybe we can throw together a joint savings account but we don't really see the point of joint accounts since I pay all the bills while he waits for a job anyway. We tried getting him a state license but the people at the DMV were confused and wouldn't issue it without an SSN, so we still need to try that again too. I have changed my last name to his and changed all my accounts to my new name. I'm considering adding him as an authorized user on my credit card and getting him added to our utility bills. We have lots of photos together. Suddenly nervous we don't have enough evidence and I should have done this sooner but I've been soooo busy! Would it be worth it to get affidavits from our friends and family? 

My case have been ready to schedule for interview for 30 days now just sit tight and try not to think too much about it. My EAD was approved today. New Jersey filer.. Good luck to you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Hi! If you don’t mind me asking, when did they receive your response to their request for evidence? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Anne_3089 said:

My case have been ready to schedule for interview for 30 days now just sit tight and try not to think too much about it. My EAD was approved today. New Jersey filer.. Good luck to you.

From “case is ready to schedule for an interview” to “interview was scheduled” it was 12 days for me. Every field office is different. 

Edited by JennaV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chris & Lucas said:

Hi! If you don’t mind me asking, when did they receive your response to their request for evidence? 

They received our response on July 19th. 

2 minutes ago, JennaV said:

From “case is ready to schedule for an interview” to “interview was scheduled” it was 12 days for me. Every field office is different. 

I have seen March/April filers with interviews scheduled for my field office and nearby ones, so I am hoping for some quick movement, we will see! 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.