MarkB33

K-1 Fiance Visa Meeting Parents Requirements

14 posts in this topic

Hello Please Help!

I’m an American citizen and my fiance is Australian. She's met my parents and I plan to meet hers. But we are wondering if I can file the initial finance visa petition now before I meet her parents in person (while I save for my plane ticket to Australia to meet her family) Or do we need to show proof of meeting each other's parents at the same time I submit the initial I-129F? 

At what stage of the K1 visa process do we need to show proof of meeting each other's parents?

Thank you so much in advance :D

Edited by MarkB33

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no requirement at any stage of the K1 process to show proof of meeting parents.  It would be nice to have, but not a requirement.  Don't delay filing your petition for that.

The meeting requirement for K1 is that you and your fiance must have met in person within the last 2 years prior to filing the petition.  Include proof of that, like passport stamps, boarding passes, pictures together.

Details here:  https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi.  You are only required to meet your beneficiary fiance face to face within 2 years of filing.  You don't have to wait to meet her parents to start the process.  The I-129F fiance petition instructions gives you most of the information you need.  Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
27 minutes ago, MarkB33 said:

Hello Please Help!

I’m an American citizen and my fiance is Australian. She's met my parents and I plan to meet hers. But we are wondering if I can file the initial finance visa petition now before I meet her parents in person (while I save for my plane ticket to Australia to meet her family) Or do we need to show proof of meeting each other's parents at the same time I submit the initial I-129F? 

At what stage of the K1 visa process do we need to show proof of meeting each other's parents?

No need for that in general (like already said before, only proof that you met in the past 2 years) However, it's always good to take proof of meeting the parents to your interview! So go ahead and file the I-129F and when the interview comes around bring some pics of you all together. 

I brought pics of my now husband (then fiance) attending my sisters wedding in the Netherlands and me attending my now MIL christmas party in the US and the IO was happy to see we met each others families (although not a requirement, it is a good proof of legit relationship)

4 hours ago, MarkB33 said:

Hello Please Help!

It’s not required......

if meeting parents was a requirement, i would be in big doodoo since her parents passed away in 1994....

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

11 hours ago, MarkB33 said:

Hello Please Help!

Where are you getting your information on requirements for a I-129F?  Go to USCIS website and find them there

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Where did you get the information from?

The only requirement is that you and your girlfriend should meet face to face before applying for the K1 visa.

No requirement to meet the parents.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Go ahead and submit your petition some of us were denied US visiting visa 3x no hope of seeing his parents till I get the k1 visa we both went on vacation in a neutral country and we filled our petition without seeing both families.so far he has came to visit my family 3 months after our petition has been cooking.do not wait just go ahead .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Probably a misunderstanding based on how much online content is dedicated to places like Morocco, where if you don't "meet the parents" you are probably going to run into trouble. That combined with the fact 97.3% of people don't get that the "requirements" vary greatly depending on where you are applying from and you get stuff like this.

2 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Probably a misunderstanding based on how much online content is dedicated to places like Morocco, where if you don't "meet the parents" you are probably going to run into trouble. That combined with the fact 97.3% of people don't get that the "requirements" vary greatly depending on where you are applying from and you get stuff like this.

Yes, and it is not an issue with AUS whatsoever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.