Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

for the i-864a I havee 2, mother and father. do we need 2 sets of copies of all the evidence? 

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

23 hours ago, A_R said:

Hello All,

Joining the March 2019 AOS filers 😁

Sent our package out 03/03 the package was received 03/06 received the text messages 03/10.

Pretty quick!!!

Hope to receive the NOA1’s in mail soon.

All the best to everyone!!

Hiiii. I am march filler too. I send my AOS package 03/03. They sent me 3 text message 03/10 that the package was received on 03/07. I hope so that it will not take too long to get work and travel permit. Good luck to everyone. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ani2 said:

Hiiii. I am march filler too. I send my AOS package 03/03. They sent me 3 text message 03/10 that the package was received on 03/07. I hope so that it will not take too long to get work and travel permit. Good luck to everyone. 

Well thanks. Now ead/AP is taking 4 to 6 months to process. So welcome to moment of waiting. 

3 hours ago, Storm Waters said:

Well thanks. Now ead/AP is taking 4 to 6 months to process. So welcome to moment of waiting. 

A friend of mine from Florida is sent her AOS package in the end of January and 1 month after that she had biometric appointment. And now  , in the end of this month they scheduled interview. It is exactly on march 28. Can it be so fast ? Does it mean that she will get her green card ? 

17 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Hi Lonegirl,

According to my research, you'll likely need to get your I-693 Form filled out by a Civil Surgeon since you did not get your vaccinations during the visa process. Here are the requirements in order to be able to submit the DS-3025 that you received from your K1 Medical:

Reveal hidden contents

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)
  • Varicella (Either a check by "Vaccine" with a date, OR a check by "Varicella History" if you had chickenpox. History gets you a waiver)
  • Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you may be okay without it. If it is not flu season, the waiver in the last column is Code F.
  • Everything else marked "not age appropriate" Code A, insufficient time interval B, not flu season F, contraindicated C...things that allow a waiver.

NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon. "Most of the shots" isn't complete. A note from your home country doctor won't count. All shots must be recorded on the DS-3025 or waived. You will have to take your doctor note to a Civil Surgeon and get him to record it on an official form.

2. The new form has a summary section. It may be marked:

"US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket Waiver)"

But instructions I have seen says it is only marked for immigrant visas. I know In London they leave section 2 unmarked at K1 medicals.

3. Signed and dated by the doctor

The unknown with this new form is--will every adjudicator across the US know how to interpret the summary section? Their policy manual says:

"The officer should be aware that civil surgeons may improperly mark the boxes because they may misunderstand the meaning of these boxes. Therefore, the officer should determine, from the vaccination assessment completed by the civil surgeon, whether the applicant received all vaccines, which blanket waivers should be granted, and whether the applicant requires any other waivers. The officer should exercise discretion in reviewing the vaccination chart and when evaluating the results boxes at the bottom of the vaccination assessment chart. If the civil surgeon did not check any result boxes, the officer should only return the form for corrective action if he or she is unable to ascertain whether the applicant is admissible. "

As for the affidavit of support, yes your husband will be filling it out with his details (since he'll obviously be your sponsor). I found this website to be very helpful when I was filling mine out: https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/how-complete-form-i-864-sample.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much. According to my DS-3025, I need only one vaccine, the Tdap. Maybe I will get in touch with the civil surgeons near me and ask them what to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Lonegirl said:

Thanks so much. According to my DS-3025, I need only one vaccine, the Tdap. Maybe I will get in touch with the civil surgeons near me and ask them what to do.

Great! Make sure to shop around. According to the I-693 instructions, you'd only need to have the civil surgeon complete your vaccinations and document that they were completed on the I-693. Some of them might claim you'd need to do the medical exam as well (and pay more for it, of course), but that is not actually needed as long as you're applying for AOS within one year of your K1 medical exam. Don't let them rip you off!

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

1 minute ago, crono_clone said:

Great! Make sure to shop around. According to the I-693 instructions, you'd only need to have the civil surgeon complete your vaccinations and document that they were completed on the I-693. Some of them might claim you'd need to do the medical exam as well (and pay more for it, of course), but that is not actually needed as long as you're applying for AOS within one year of your K1 medical exam. Don't let them rip you off!

Yes, I have heard of such instances, but I will definitely not go for another medical exam because I already had to go through a lot of hassle to get my visa medicals done in India back in December and it cost me a good amount of money. I'm only going to get the vaccine. I have five civil surgeons very close by, but if I get a better deal, I'm ready to look into others.

13 minutes ago, Lonegirl said:

Yes, I have heard of such instances, but I will definitely not go for another medical exam because I already had to go through a lot of hassle to get my visa medicals done in India back in December and it cost me a good amount of money. I'm only going to get the vaccine. I have five civil surgeons very close by, but if I get a better deal, I'm ready to look into others.

let me know how it goes, I am also missing  one vaccine. Btw, I know someone who was missing couple of vaccinations and was approved at the interview. She was expecting RFE but was never issued.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ani2 said:

A friend of mine from Florida is sent her AOS package in the end of January and 1 month after that she had biometric appointment. And now  , in the end of this month they scheduled interview. It is exactly on march 28. Can it be so fast ? Does it mean that she will get her green card ? 

Well it can happen so fast for others. Whereby their i485 will be ready to schedule for interview. With that it depends on the local office. You can get your gc very early and you wouldn't need the ead/AP. Wishing you all the best of luck. 

2 minutes ago, aminkowz said:

let me know how it goes, I am also missing  one vaccine. Btw, I know someone who was missing couple of vaccinations and was approved at the interview. She was expecting RFE but was never issued.

You mean the interview for the green card? Did they not send in their i-693?

There are actually many approved civil surgeons very close to my place, so I'm getting in touch with each of them to know about the process. I'll definitely not go through another medical exam when I had one only three months ago. I don't mind getting a Tdap shot.😁

5 hours ago, Ani2 said:

Wow. That does seem super quick for the interview. It depends where they are in Florida. I just had a look at Orlando for example and the processing time at present is 14-21.5 months for that office! https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

1 hour ago, Storm Waters said:

Well it can happen so fast for others. Whereby their i485 will be ready to schedule for interview. With that it depends on the local office. You can get your gc very early and you wouldn't need the ead/AP. Wishing you all the best of luck. 

Thank you. I wish you all the best too

5 minutes ago, DJClaire said:

Wow. That does seem super quick for the interview. It depends where they are in Florida. I just had a look at Orlando for example and the processing time at present is 14-21.5 months for that office! https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

She lives in Clearwater. And less than 3 months she will have interview 

1 minute ago, Ani2 said:

She lives in Clearwater. And less than 3 months she will have interview 

Well I have just had a look and Tampa does have quite a quick processing time from the USCIS website of just 8.5 - 20 months, so maybe she is going to be super lucky and get her approval really quickly. Do keep us posted. Wish my local office was as quick as Tampa! 😂

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

1 minute ago, DJClaire said:

Well I have just had a look and Tampa does have quite a quick processing time from the USCIS website of just 8.5 - 20 months, so maybe she is going to be super lucky and get her approval really quickly. Do keep us posted. Wish my local office was as quick as Tampa! 😂

Yea . I hope so. Where is your local office ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.