Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Joining the March 2019 AOS filers 😁

Sent our package out 03/03 the package was received 03/06 received the text messages 03/10.

Pretty quick!!!

Hope to receive the NOA1’s in mail soon.

All the best to everyone!!

Edited by A_R

14 hours ago, DJClaire said:

Well fingers crossed they are expecting all that documentation at the interview as we haven’t sent any call records, photographs etc. 

13 hours ago, PSMB said:

Same here. 

We didn't send any pictures of us, or anything about our relationship neither. To prove our marriage is real we will be taking all that stuff recommended (pictures, bills, statements etc.) to the interview as we gather it during the months before the interview. I read that's what many people do. Especially if you file AOS within one month after marriage, which we did, there's not much to gather as a proof during such a short time anyway..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 4:44 PM, crono_clone said:

Hi everyone! Just sent the AOS packet today after several days of checking and re-checking everything! Hopefully I got everything right and no RFEs! I had almost missed writing his name and A# on the back of his passport photos, plus having him sign and date the Additional Information page on some of the forms. Hopefully nothing else was amiss. :bonk:

Some of y'all look familiar from the K-1 threads, and as much as I hate the waiting game this process puts us all through, it's nice to see familiar faces again! Good luck everyone and let's get through this together! :dance:

Hey, Any update on your timeline? Have you receive notification from USCIS?

9 hours ago, A_R said:

Hello All,

Joining the March 2019 AOS filers 😁

Sent our package out 03/03 the package was received 03/06 received the text messages 03/10.

Pretty quick!!!

Hope to receive the NOA1’s in mail soon.

All the best to everyone!!

Wow good for you. I'm on the same timeline as you but I haven't heard anything yet. They didn't deposit the checks yet and no text message. 

Hey everyone,

I will be filing at the end of this month, and have been filling out my i-485 and i-765. I have a few questions, though, and was wondering if anyone can help me with them.

I had my medical exam in India during the visa process but opted to not get vaccinated at the time. Will I have to get a medical exam again or can I only get the vaccinations now? If anyone has got vaccinated after arriving to the US, what was the process that you followed? I have five USCIS-approved civil surgeons a few minutes from my place, but I'm unsure of how to go about it.

Secondly, for affidavit of support, can my husband provide for me? Because I don't have my EAD, I'm obviously not working at the moment, so my husband is supporting me. Will his employment and financial details work, as in the case of the visa?

Thanks so much in advance :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, paulsquare said:

Hey, Any update on your timeline? Have you receive notification from USCIS?

Hi there! So far my package is showing as In Transit, Arriving Late according to USPS tracking :( it should have gotten there last Saturday but I guess they're having problems, sigh.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

USPS finally responded to my inquiry today and confirmed that they do not know what happened to my package after it arrived at the Chicago distribution center and they can confirm it was not delivered :( They said to wait until the 21st and if there is still no update to resend it. This feels so awful and that's three weeks wasted! This was supposed to be the easy part. I'm thinking about resending it now instead. If I put a stop payment on my check then even if the other package was somehow still delivered later on, it should be fine right? Or should I really just wait?

6 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

Hi there! So far my package is showing as In Transit, Arriving Late according to USPS tracking :( it should have gotten there last Saturday but I guess they're having problems, sigh.

It looks like we are having the same problem. :( Today they told me mine was lost at some point when it got to the distribution center in Chicago.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JPFerguson said:

It looks like we are having the same problem. :( Today they told me mine was lost at some point when it got to the distribution center in Chicago.

Ugh, I wondering what's happening up there in Chicago.

I'm leaning towards you sending a new package out at this point, because USPS likely lost your original. Hopefully it doesn't show up later down the line and cause problems (would USCIS be smart enough to not count a duplicate package against you?), but maybe you can explain the situation in your cover letter for the new package.

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

3 hours ago, Lonegirl said:

Hey everyone,

I will be filing at the end of this month, and have been filling out my i-485 and i-765. I have a few questions, though, and was wondering if anyone can help me with them.

I had my medical exam in India during the visa process but opted to not get vaccinated at the time. Will I have to get a medical exam again or can I only get the vaccinations now? If anyone has got vaccinated after arriving to the US, what was the process that you followed? I have five USCIS-approved civil surgeons a few minutes from my place, but I'm unsure of how to go about it.

Secondly, for affidavit of support, can my husband provide for me? Because I don't have my EAD, I'm obviously not working at the moment, so my husband is supporting me. Will his employment and financial details work, as in the case of the visa?

Hey, I think most people on here got their medical completed including vaccinations in their countries. Maybe try to use search and find a thread focused on the specific topic, that will help you more. It is also well explained on: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees - "What to submit K1" section. It gives you links to medical instructions and affidavit instructions with more official information about what you need to do/fill.

For the affidavit it depends on how much your husband earns. It's similar to the K1 requirements except the requirement for income is now at 125% and not 100% of poverty guidelines I believe unless you have an exception. As I said it is described in detail in the instructions for the affidavit. I'm sure it'll be more clear as you read through it. That's what we did

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lonegirl said:

Hey everyone,

Hi Lonegirl,

According to my research, you'll likely need to get your I-693 Form filled out by a Civil Surgeon since you did not get your vaccinations during the visa process. Here are the requirements in order to be able to submit the DS-3025 that you received from your K1 Medical:

Spoiler

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)
  • Varicella (Either a check by "Vaccine" with a date, OR a check by "Varicella History" if you had chickenpox. History gets you a waiver)
  • Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you may be okay without it. If it is not flu season, the waiver in the last column is Code F.
  • Everything else marked "not age appropriate" Code A, insufficient time interval B, not flu season F, contraindicated C...things that allow a waiver.

NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon. "Most of the shots" isn't complete. A note from your home country doctor won't count. All shots must be recorded on the DS-3025 or waived. You will have to take your doctor note to a Civil Surgeon and get him to record it on an official form.

2. The new form has a summary section. It may be marked:

"US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket Waiver)"

But instructions I have seen says it is only marked for immigrant visas. I know In London they leave section 2 unmarked at K1 medicals.

3. Signed and dated by the doctor

The unknown with this new form is--will every adjudicator across the US know how to interpret the summary section? Their policy manual says:

"The officer should be aware that civil surgeons may improperly mark the boxes because they may misunderstand the meaning of these boxes. Therefore, the officer should determine, from the vaccination assessment completed by the civil surgeon, whether the applicant received all vaccines, which blanket waivers should be granted, and whether the applicant requires any other waivers. The officer should exercise discretion in reviewing the vaccination chart and when evaluating the results boxes at the bottom of the vaccination assessment chart. If the civil surgeon did not check any result boxes, the officer should only return the form for corrective action if he or she is unable to ascertain whether the applicant is admissible. "

As for the affidavit of support, yes your husband will be filling it out with his details (since he'll obviously be your sponsor). I found this website to be very helpful when I was filling mine out: https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/how-complete-form-i-864-sample.html

Hope that helps!

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is slightly random but have any of you guys gotten a drivers license since being in the states?

We are curious if that is something we can do now or if we have to wait for the green card to be able to do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ghadji said:

This is slightly random but have any of you guys gotten a drivers license since being in the states?

We are curious if that is something we can do now or if we have to wait for the green card to be able to do?

From what i've been told from others that did AOS, it depends on state. some states will let you do it if you have your NOA that you're adjusting while others like mine requires your EAD card or green card, whichever comes first.

Edited by Vega007

My timeline

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, and I-765 (USC spouse)

Previous status: F1 (expired 07/05/2019)

Local USCIS office: Des Moines IA

Service center: NBC

03/01/2019: FedEx delivery

03/01/2019: Priority/Received date

03/04/2019: Notice of action (receipts)

03/08/2019: Notice of action (Biometrics appointment)

03/08/2019: I-693 Courtesy letter

03/27/2019: Biometrics

04/02/2019: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/14/2018: EAD card produced

09/16/2019: Notice of action (Interview scheduled)

10/22/2019: Interview at Des Moines field office (Approved)

10/22/2019: Card is being produced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Yay!!! NOA1 arrived in mail today!

Timeline

Concurrent filing I-130, I-485, and I-765
USC Spouse 

Local USCIS Office: Des Moines, IA
USCIS Lockbox: Chicago, IL
Service Center: MSC (NBC)
F1 expires: 07/05/2019

FedEx delivered: 03/01/2019
Received/priority date: 03/01/2019
Check cashed: 03/06/2019

My timeline

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, and I-765 (USC spouse)

Previous status: F1 (expired 07/05/2019)

Local USCIS office: Des Moines IA

Service center: NBC

03/01/2019: FedEx delivery

03/01/2019: Priority/Received date

03/04/2019: Notice of action (receipts)

03/08/2019: Notice of action (Biometrics appointment)

03/08/2019: I-693 Courtesy letter

03/27/2019: Biometrics

04/02/2019: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/14/2018: EAD card produced

09/16/2019: Notice of action (Interview scheduled)

10/22/2019: Interview at Des Moines field office (Approved)

10/22/2019: Card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.