Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys,

Joining the March 2019 AOS filers 😁

Sent our package out 02/26, the package was received 03/01, received the text messages 03/05. 

The NOA letters were in the mail today, 03/09, all dated 03/05.

Lots of patience to all of us!!

K1

2018-02-09: I-129F sent

2018-02-15: NOA1

2018-08-16: NOA2

2018-10-11: Interview 

2018-10-19: Visa received

2018-12-06: US entry

2018-12-15: Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

2019-02-26: Filed

2019-03-05: NOA

2019-06-12: Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751)

Potomac Service Center

2021-05-07: Filed

2021-05-12: NOA

2021-08-26: Biometrics

2023-03-11: 48-month extension letter received

2024-02-07: RFE 

2024-02-14: Response to RFE received

2024-02-15: I-751 approved

Citizenship (N-400)

2024-04-02: Filed

18 minutes ago, ST_RO said:

Hi guys,

Joining the March 2019 AOS filers 😁

Sent our package out 02/26, the package was received 03/01, received the text messages 03/05. 

The NOA letters were in the mail today, 03/09, all dated 03/05.

Lots of patience to all of us!!

We have very similar timeline, just for us everything was one day earlier. Sent on 25th, text messages on 03/04 and NOA letters in the mail on 03/08 all dated 03/04 😁

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

We have very similar timeline, just for us everything was one day earlier. Sent on 25th, text messages on 03/04 and NOA letters in the mail on 03/08 all dated 03/04 😁

Awesome, I'll follow your timeline so I won't miss any action, haha!

K1

2018-02-09: I-129F sent

2018-02-15: NOA1

2018-08-16: NOA2

2018-10-11: Interview 

2018-10-19: Visa received

2018-12-06: US entry

2018-12-15: Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

2019-02-26: Filed

2019-03-05: NOA

2019-06-12: Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751)

Potomac Service Center

2021-05-07: Filed

2021-05-12: NOA

2021-08-26: Biometrics

2023-03-11: 48-month extension letter received

2024-02-07: RFE 

2024-02-14: Response to RFE received

2024-02-15: I-751 approved

Citizenship (N-400)

2024-04-02: Filed

Hi all,

I am sending ours in this week. Just waiting for certified copy of our marriage certificate that we should get by the end of this week (fingers crossed). Everything else is ready except I have no medical info to send as my (now) husband did not get any forms from the doctor in Germany. So I read to just include a line saying his vaccinations were up to date and that they have a copy of the medical in his packet and we will deal with that when the interview comes around for AOS. Right now I'm just super worried about getting this in because he needs to leave the country at the end of August for his sister's wedding in Ireland and CANNOT miss that....timeline for AP looks to be 5-6 months right now, so it is cutting it VERY close...packet is ready just need the stupid marriage certificate.

Also waiting on his SS#....he applied Feb 22....they said 2 weeks but no sign of it yet. Hope it comes this week so he can apply for his driver's license! All exciting things happening.

Good luck to us all!

1 hour ago, americaninlove said:

Hi all,

I am sending ours in this week. Just waiting for certified copy of our marriage certificate that we should get by the end of this week (fingers crossed). Everything else is ready except I have no medical info to send as my (now) husband did not get any forms from the doctor in Germany. So I read to just include a line saying his vaccinations were up to date and that they have a copy of the medical in his packet and we will deal with that when the interview comes around for AOS. Right now I'm just super worried about getting this in because he needs to leave the country at the end of August for his sister's wedding in Ireland and CANNOT miss that....timeline for AP looks to be 5-6 months right now, so it is cutting it VERY close...packet is ready just need the stupid marriage certificate.

Also waiting on his SS#....he applied Feb 22....they said 2 weeks but no sign of it yet. Hope it comes this week so he can apply for his driver's license! All exciting things happening.

Good luck to us all!

Hmmm am I the only one who sent just a regular copy of the Marriage Certificate? I asked a lawyer and she said "never ever send original stuff because you won't get it back" and she also said a regular copy of the Marriage Certificate is totally fine. 

Anyway, I didn't send the Medical papers with my package because on the USCIS website they say you can even bring it to the interview. 

I'm already way too stressed out about this...

Edited by Gigi2017

21 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Hmmm am I the only one who sent just a regular copy of the Marriage Certificate? I asked a lawyer and she said "never ever send original stuff because you won't get it back" and she also said a regular copy of the Marriage Certificate is totally fine. 

Anyway, I didn't send the Medical papers with my package because on the USCIS website they say you can even bring it to the interview. 

I'm already way too stressed out about this...

To clarify, I’m sending a copy of the certified copy (double stamped copy—what they told me at the PA marriage office was required for immigration paperwork). I would NEVER send an original unless an RFE says it is required (or something like a letter with wet signature). 

I have read through these documents about six times each today and every time I find something to change. So I’ve decided that the chances I could send them in with zero things wrong or missing is basically 0% lol. 

8 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

To clarify, I’m sending a copy of the certified copy (double stamped copy—what they told me at the PA marriage office was required for immigration paperwork). I would NEVER send an original unless an RFE says it is required (or something like a letter with wet signature). 

I have read through these documents about six times each today and every time I find something to change. So I’ve decided that the chances I could send them in with zero things wrong or missing is basically 0% lol. 

I totally got you. They say on many forms that some things are just optional but we sent everything! Our package was 3.5 LB. We sent lots of photos, a wedding invitation, a copy of the Guest book, a copy of the utility bills with both of our names, a copy of the lease with both of our names, 12 months of Talk activity on a phone bill, hotel bills with both of our names, car insurance with both of our names, his W2-s and 1040-s and 10 months of Paystubs plus 4 Letter of support. The only thing that I didn't send is an original copy of the Marriage Certificate because the lawyer and some friends of ours said a regular copy is totally fine. 

Now I can't do anything just wait and see if it will be good enough for them or not...

Edited by Gigi2017

5 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I totally got you. They say on many forms that some things are just optional but we sent everything! Our package was 3.5 LB. We sent lots of photos, a wedding invitation, a copy of the Guest book, a copy of the utility bills with both of our names, a copy of the lease with both of our names, 12 months of Talk activity on a phone bill, hotel bills with both of our names, car insurance with both of our names, his W2-s and 1040-s and 10 months of Paystubs plus 4 Letter of support. The only thing that I didn't send is an original copy of the Marriage Certificate because the lawyer and some friends of ours said a regular copy is totally fine. 

Now I can't do anything just wait and see if it will be good enough for them or not...

I’m SURE it will be fine. And worst case they send an RFE and you send in what they need. We got an RFE for the i129 and I was so devastated but in the end it made no difference (except ruined all of our plans, but they’re just plans) and all is good. So just be positive! I’m sure you sent in more than 99% of applicants so hopefully they just get sick of looking through your evidence and say approved 😂😂

1 minute ago, americaninlove said:

I’m SURE it will be fine. And worst case they send an RFE and you send in what they need. We got an RFE for the i129 and I was so devastated but in the end it made no difference (except ruined all of our plans, but they’re just plans) and all is good. So just be positive! I’m sure you sent in more than 99% of applicants so hopefully they just get sick of looking through your evidence and say approved 😂😂

This whole procedure is an unnecessary frustration in all of our life. 😂 

One of my friends sent their package at the end of December last year, the Chicago Lockbox got it on December 30th. In 2 weeks she got an RFE already because they sent only W2-s and no 1040-s. She sent all the 1040-s a day later and it's been a month an a half and she still doesn't have Biometric appointment. 

So no, I do NOT want an RFE... But I'm trying to stay calm so badly but it's hard. 😖

2 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

Wow! I never sent ANYTHING like that. We literally sent all that was required and it was much smaller than the I129F pack! I also sent just a colour copy of my certified marriage certificate. 

I will let you know if we get an RFE

Edited by DJClaire

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

5 minutes ago, DJClaire said:

Wow! I never sent ANYTHING like that. We literally sent all that was required and it was much smaller than the I129F pack! I also sent just a colour copy of my certified marriage certificate. 

I will let you know if we get an RFE

We sent a regular color copy of the Marriage Certificate too.

About the other stuff, I have a lot of friends who when through the same immigration thing and they told me it's better to send as many proofs as you can.

17 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

We sent a regular color copy of the Marriage Certificate too.

About the other stuff, I have a lot of friends who when through the same immigration thing and they told me it's better to send as many proofs as you can.

Well fingers crossed they are expecting all that documentation at the interview as we haven’t sent any call records, photographs etc. 

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, DJClaire said:

Well fingers crossed they are expecting all that documentation at the interview as we haven’t sent any call records, photographs etc. 

Same here. 

Hi everyone, after taking a bit of a break from paperwork we are back at it again. We are hoping to file tomorrow or at least withing the next few days. 

We actually just made a post here. with some questions about the I-864 and I-864A.

TIMELINE:

May 22 2018              I-129F Filed
May 30 2018              I-129F NOA1 
Nov. 07 2018              I-129F NOA2
Nov. 21 2018              Case received by NVC

Dec. 04 2018              Case # Assigned

Dec. 11 2018              Visa Application in Transit to Manila Embassy 📭

Dec. 13 2018              Visa Application set to READY 📬

Dec. 27 2018              Interview Date US Embassy - Read Review Here

Jan. 05 2019              Visa on hand

Jan. 16 2019              US Entry (San Francisco POE) - Read Review Here

Feb. 11 2019              Marriage 👰🤵

Mar. 12 2019              AOS mailed

Mar. 14 2019              AOS delivered to USCIS Chicago

Mar. 19 2019              AOS NOA

Apr. 09 2019               Biometrics done (Status stayed as "Fingerprint fee received" for 4 months

Aug. 09 2019              Interview Ready to be Scheduled
Oct. 10 2019               EAD and AP (approved after 212 days)

Oct. 18 2019               EAD/AP Combo card received

Feb. 20 2020              GC Interview, no same day result, case in review (SF Field Office) - Read Review Here

Feb. 21 2020              (next day) Status changed to New card is being produced!

Feb. 10 2022              Mailed I-751 ROC

Feb. 11 2022              I-751 date filed

Feb. 14 2022              NOA1 (WAC)

Jul. 13 2022               NOA2- biometric appointment waived, no refund for fee collected, old biometrics will  be reused

Jul. 14 2022               Case Status: 4 "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

Dec. 26 2022             Filed N-400 online, NOA and Biometrics reuse same date

Mar. 20 2023             NOA3- 48 month GC extension from date of expiration

Oct. 18 2023              Case status: I-751 ROC transferred to another office

Oct. 19 2023              Case status: "We transferred your Form I751 yo another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case"

Oct. 21 2023              Case status: "New Card Is Being Produced"

Oct. 23 2023              N-400 Interview was scheduled

Oct. 24 2023              Case status: "We approved your Form I-751"

Oct. 25 2023              Case status: "Card was mailed to me"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I just found this March group AOS. I already send my packages on 3/05 and waiting to see incoming SMS soon  in the next week. Happy to join this journey with you guys again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.