Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, americaninlove said:

I so agree with this!! It’s just so unfair that some people have already gotten their green cards and the rest of us have no clue when we can even expect the AP or EAD. VJ just pushed it back another few weeks for me. Every week is worse than the last. It’s just all so unfair. 

We have no legit reason to expedite either EAD or AP but I am really starting to get bored of not working, I like working lol! The whole process is so backlogged and backwards!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
8 hours ago, SerbCA said:

My petition originally went to the Santa Ana office, but because them and all the surrounding offices are so backed up, some of them got transfered to the San bernandino office (thats what the IO told me). Even with that he was suprised mine got through that fast, since he said they are still working on December/January filers. Hopefully more march filers get lucky like i did

Did they inform you that your case got moved? I wonder if they’re speeding this process up since EAD is so weirdly backlogged. So lucky someone picked up your case if they were working on dec. Did you call uscis to find out this?

Edited by Biffa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

We have no legit reason to expedite either EAD or AP but I am really starting to get bored of not working, I like working lol! The whole process is so backlogged and backwards!

Agree. I don’t how it went from guranteed 90 day window to this. It almost seems like a government ploy to get everyone to go home ha

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Agree. I don’t how it went from guranteed 90 day window to this. It almost seems like a government ploy to get everyone to go home ha

Haha probably 🤨

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Did they inform you that your case got moved? I wonder if they’re speeding this process up since EAD is so weirdly backlogged. So lucky someone picked up your case if they were working on dec. Did you call uscis to find out this?

I didn't get any notice of it, this was something IO told me after the interview. He said that someone could have done it mistakenly while picking out cases to transfer.

event.png

event.png

event.png

Soo I just looked at informed delivery and I have a letter from USCIS coming.

It says page one of one and is dated july 24th (the day I had the intreview)

I am presuming that's the formal approval letter and not the actual green card?  Since on the website (that still just says Cse was approved) it says they will email me my approval notice.

Also just curious, how does the actual letter with the green card inside look?

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For those of you who have received your GC already; do they upload the tracking number to the USCIS website?

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Canadian87 said:

For those of you who have received your GC already; do they upload the tracking number to the USCIS website?

Yes they do once it changes to USPS has picked up your card

AOS thru marriage from F-1 (student) visa in Tampa, FL - 83 DAYS (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

2019-03-18 - AOS package sent; concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) (FedEx; choose regular rate! Still arrives super fast and is WAY cheaper!)

2019-03-21 - AOS package received (Day 1)

2019-03-30 - All NOA1s arrived (dated March 25) (Day 10)

2019-04-05 - Biometrics notice arrived (dated March 29) (Day 16)

2019-04-16 - Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

2019-04-17 - Online status updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" (Day 28)

2019-04-23 - Online status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (Day 34)

2019-05-30 - AOS Interview (Day 71) → https://tinyurl.com/yxug6acr

2019-06-04 - Online status updated to "Case Was Approved"; EAD and AP status updated to "Case Closed" (Day 76)

2019-06-11 - GC in hand (Day 83) ~ done for now!

ROC during COVID-19 pandemic, Nebraska Service Center <_< - 514 DAYS

Spoiler

2021-03-10 - ROC package sent

2021-03-15 - ROC package received (Day 1)

2021-04-09 - NOA1 arrived (dated April 06) (Day 26)

2021-04-30 - Online status updated to "Fingerprints Were Taken" (used AOS fingerprints); no biometrics fee refund (Day 47)

2021-11-01 - 24-month extension letter received (Day 232)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 512) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Approval notice in the mail; no 10-year green card for me since N-400 also approved (Day 514)

N-400 during COVID-19 pandemic in Philly, PA - 169 DAYS (No RFE)

Spoiler

2022-03-11 - Online submission

2022-03-11 - NOA1 and biometrics reuse notice uploaded to myUSCIS account (Day 1)

2022-06-30 - Interview scheduled (Day 112)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 151) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Oath ceremony scheduled (Day 153)

2022-08-26 - Oath ceremony (Day 169) ~ DONE FOREVER!

BE  K I N D → https://tinyurl.com/tev3sgl  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally. Status updated!

On July 29, 2019, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. 

We will mail your approval notice. 

Please follow the instructions in the notice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, mk17 said:

Do you know anyone who recently got interview date? 

Nope not yet. I have seen a few people on this forum from Nevada that are still waiting.

For some reason there are really long wait times in Nevada

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, SerbCA said:

My petition originally went to the Santa Ana office, but because them and all the surrounding offices are so backed up, some of them got transfered to the San bernandino office (thats what the IO told me). Even with that he was suprised mine got through that fast, since he said they are still working on December/January filers. Hopefully more march filers get lucky like i did

Hi congrats that you already got your GC approved!!

I'm a May filer, and my local field office is also Santa Ana...

How did you find out that your case got transferred to San Bernandino?

Did you call them and ask which office it would be?

Sorry for all the questions, I just haven't seen any people that are Santa Ana

So I'm appreciate whatever information you have. Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Violax said:

Hi congrats that you already got your GC approved!!

I'm a May filer, and my local field office is also Santa Ana...

How did you find out that your case got transferred to San Bernandino?

Did you call them and ask which office it would be?

Sorry for all the questions, I just haven't seen any people that are Santa Ana

So I'm appreciate whatever information you have. Thank you!!!

Thanks!  I didn't call or get any info on the site about the transfer, the IO told me after the interview when he looked at my case (and saw it was originally at the Santa Ana office)

When I saw that my case status changed to "interview has been scheduled" so much faster than I thought it would take, I figured I jumped ahead of the queue for some reason.

event.png

event.png

event.png

16 hours ago, SerbCA said:

Oh my field office is Santa Ana too. Ohh how lucky you are! Btw, I'm happy for your approval.

Edited by Gigi2017

16 hours ago, Biffa said:

Crazy you got yours so early? I saw pitburg times are like 11-25 months and you’ve got your interview in just a few months. I’m in Los Angeles and the time is 9-24 months so hopefully I get mine early too ugh esp with these ridiculous EAD wait times

My very good friend is a January filer and her office is LA downtonw. She's going to get her interview on August 6, so don't worry, your's is coming soon too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
21 hours ago, americaninlove said:

I so agree with this!! It’s just so unfair that some people have already gotten their green cards and the rest of us have no clue when we can even expect the AP or EAD. VJ just pushed it back another few weeks for me. Every week is worse than the last. It’s just all so unfair. 

Same here , I don’t even have a SSN ( I went to the office like everyone else , waited 6 weeks only to be told I can’t have one at this time) yet never mind AP EAD or AOS interview. I got a job  so I could get a letter to expedite only to get rejected, even though my husband lost his job in the process. 

I don’t depend on my husband for money I had a good job and made sure Id be fine and would have enough to get a car and get myself started and be able to go back home to see my family .

Now after we apply it’s suddenly 6-8.5 months for EAD? While some people

have their green cards already ?! 

I really do think they try and break you so you just give up and go home. Now every week my job here asks , can you start yet?? No I have to stay home and look out the window till probably October till someone ticks a box. First place I’m going when I do get AP is back to Ireland before I loose my mind. 

Sorry I needed to rant 😫 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.