Fjsiodn

Question About the Actual Timeline from NAO2 Approval to NVC

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Our petition finally got approved on 01/29/2019. In the NAO2 received from USCIS, it states they have sent the original petition to the NVC. It then states to allow a minimum of 30 days before contacting the NVC. Never states business days. When we contact the NVC directly, they quote 6 weeks. When we've contacted USCIS, the agents quote the entire process from NAO2 to the NVC giving out a case number can take up to 90 days. It all just seems really inconsistent. We're at 22 days of just waiting for our case to be shipped. We've read multiple forums where either USCIS never ships it out to the NVC or the NVC takes weeks to process.

Does anyone know what timeline to trust and what the official timeline should be to contact for resolution that isn't just a copy and paste response?

Has anyone actually seen their USCIS account/receipt number status change when officially shipped?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fjsiodn said:

Our petition finally got approved on 01/29/2019. In the NAO2 received from USCIS, it states they have sent the original petition to the NVC. It then states to allow a minimum of 30 days before contacting the NVC. Never states business days. When we contact the NVC directly, they quote 6 weeks. When we've contacted USCIS, the agents quote the entire process from NAO2 to the NVC giving out a case number can take up to 90 days. It all just seems really inconsistent. We're at 22 days of just waiting for our case to be shipped. We've read multiple forums where either USCIS never ships it out to the NVC or the NVC takes weeks to process.

Does anyone know what timeline to trust and what the official timeline should be to contact for resolution that isn't just a copy and paste response?

Has anyone actually seen their USCIS account/receipt number status change when officially shipped?

Its about 3 weeks at the least our was about that long, the first week after getting our NOA2 we went in the nvc site and used the ask nvc option where you ask them a question, after filling out all the options and email.  We asked what is my case number they said we do not have anything as of yet it can take about 6 weeks then about 2 weeks later we got an email update from NVC stating they have sent it off to the embassy.  Try the ask nvc option we got a response I about 5 days., once they send it off the will update you again after.

Edited by Tidus992

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I got approved on 2-4-19

I heard petitions ship in waves. they can be just shipping it today. im just being patient about the whole process

NoA1 - September 26, 2018

NoA2 - February 4, 2019  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It took exactly 6 full weeks for our case to be received by the NVC after noa2. We also got the same inconsistent responses from the NVC (takes 6 weeks) and USCIS ("we have 90 days to send it to the NVC"). Eye roll. But it will eventually get there! I'd call the NVC once a week at this point. Don't even bother calling USCIS until you pass the expected 6 weeks on the NVC side.

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, kingdomcome84 said:

I got approved on 2-4-19

I heard petitions ship in waves. they can be just shipping it today. im just being patient about the whole process

It took 22 days for our case to be shipped. The shipments go out every other Tuesday. The next shipment is March 5th. They allow for extra time when quoting time frames... find your thread for February approvals to NVC in this site

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

It took 22 days for our case to be shipped. The shipments go out every other Tuesday. The next shipment is March 5th. They allow for extra time when quoting time frames... find your thread for February approvals to NVC in this site

Thanks for all of the responses so far! Where exactly is this information being found that they ship out in waves and only on every other Tuesday? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Fjsiodn said:

Thanks for all of the responses so far! Where exactly is this information being found that they ship out in waves and only on every other Tuesday? 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Fjsiodn said:

Doesn't that track when it's going from NVC to Embassy but not from USCIS to NVC?

Have you called NVC and got your NVC case number? 

The timeline you quoted are the standard responses given by tier 1 agents, who are clueless. NOA2/approved 129F has 4 months/120 days expiration days since moment it is issued. To tell you "it can take up to 90 days!" is asinine. But, yes that is "official" USCIS answer. At this point, you should be calling NVC daily and asking them "My WAC number is .... Can you please provide me with my NVC case number?" Ignore any answer that starts with "It can take up to ... whatever weeks" Listen for answer that goes "We got your case, but we do not have case number yet" OR "We got your case, and your case number is ..." write that down. From that point on you can use CEAC site to track shipment from NVC to embassies. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fjsiodn said:

Doesn't that track when it's going from NVC to Embassy but not from USCIS to NVC?

No, that thread is for people who have NOA2 dates in January that are currently waiting for their packets to make it to NVC. it is where you should be hanging out right now, it's everyone in your position. So far, nobody with your date or even days before it have made it to USCIS so you're not alone. give it another week. Go follow that thread. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JMEngland said:

No, that thread is for people who have NOA2 dates in January that are currently waiting for their packets to make it to NVC. it is where you should be hanging out right now, it's everyone in your position. So far, nobody with your date or even days before it have made it to USCIS so you're not alone. give it another week. Go follow that thread. 

I think there's confusion because I wasn't referencing the thread with my comment but more so asking about the tool that was referenced or screenshotted. The one that shows up in the screenshot is the DHL tool. Further up in this thread, March 5th was mentioned and that it ships out in waves on every other Tuesday. I have no idea where that information is specifically referenced in that thread. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Fjsiodn said:

I think there's confusion because I wasn't referencing the thread with my comment but more so asking about the tool that was referenced or screenshotted. The one that shows up in the screenshot is the DHL tool. Further up in this thread, March 5th was mentioned and that it ships out in waves on every other Tuesday. I have no idea where that information is specifically referenced in that thread. 

Yea I don't know why that pic comes up when you post the link tk the thread. it was posted somewhere in the thread and now it just automatically posts with the link. In reference to March 5th, and waves, that's for leaving NVC. Going to NVC is sporadic, there's no schedule or waves, they just ship them off randomly as individual parcels. 

If you use the timeline search tool, you can see that the number of people from the week before you that have arrived at NVC is fairly low, around 20 percent, and only one person out of around 60 from your week have made it there. Give it another week, minimum. 

Edited by JMEngland

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea I don't know why that pic comes up when you post the link tk the thread. it was posted somewhere in the thread and now it just automatically posts with the link. In reference to March 5th, and waves, that's for leaving NVC. Going to NVC is sporadic, there's no schedule or waves, they just ship them off randomly as individual parcels. 

If you use the timeline search tool, you can see that the number of people from the week before you that have arrived at NVC is fairly low, around 20 percent, and only one person out of around 60 from your week have made it there. Give it another week, minimum. 

Thanks for clarifying for me! We'll continue to use the timeline search tool. I think we are just getting nervous because when we've used it to search for historical months prior to ours and not the general, overall timeline view...some people are getting theirs crazy fast. Also, I had it posted earlier up, but I can't tell if USCIS is actually suppose to update case status with something that says "We shipped your petition" or if their status of shipping NAO2 is all you get.

It's great sites like this exist and the people in this forum exist because otherwise this process is a illogical nightmare! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shiran said:

Have you called NVC and got your NVC case number? 

The timeline you quoted are the standard responses given by tier 1 agents, who are clueless. NOA2/approved 129F has 4 months/120 days expiration days since moment it is issued. To tell you "it can take up to 90 days!" is asinine. But, yes that is "official" USCIS answer. At this point, you should be calling NVC daily and asking them "My WAC number is .... Can you please provide me with my NVC case number?" Ignore any answer that starts with "It can take up to ... whatever weeks" Listen for answer that goes "We got your case, but we do not have case number yet" OR "We got your case, and your case number is ..." write that down. From that point on you can use CEAC site to track shipment from NVC to embassies. 

Yes, we definitely have called the NVC multiple times (twice a week) to get our case # and calls to USCIS to clarify if they could tell us if it had even been noted of being shipped. At this point, we would just be happy to know it's received at the NVC. We know it takes time to process but we just dont want to be the lucky couple who gets everything lost. Like you said, we have been dealing with just Tier 1 responses. I think that's why we feel we have so much misinformation. Our NAO2 didn't do a good job of explaining in a linear fashion how timelines were actually suppose to go. Is there a history of people actually getting a message from USCIS on 'Track my Status' that their petition has shipped? I haven't been able to find screenshots or references to that but our USCIS Tier 1 agent said it should. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.