Fjsiodn

Question About the Actual Timeline from NAO2 Approval to NVC

22 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea I don't know why that pic comes up when you post the link tk the thread. it was posted somewhere in the thread and now it just automatically posts with the link. In reference to March 5th, and waves, that's for leaving NVC. Going to NVC is sporadic, there's no schedule or waves, they just ship them off randomly as individual parcels. 

If you use the timeline search tool, you can see that the number of people from the week before you that have arrived at NVC is fairly low, around 20 percent, and only one person out of around 60 from your week have made it there. Give it another week, minimum. 

Yes, what country, consulate and service center are you using?

Then you can look at the numbers yourself.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Fjsiodn said:

Thanks for clarifying for me! We'll continue to use the timeline search tool. I think we are just getting nervous because when we've used it to search for historical months prior to ours and not the general, overall timeline view...some people are getting theirs crazy fast. Also, I had it posted earlier up, but I can't tell if USCIS is actually suppose to update case status with something that says "We shipped your petition" or if their status of shipping NAO2 is all you get.

It's great sites like this exist and the people in this forum exist because otherwise this process is a illogical nightmare! 

Nope, status never changes, and USCIS will just tell you it's shipped immediately after NOA2, which isn't correct. For some reason things slowed down a lot in January. it used to only take a couple weeks to make it to NVC, but now it's taking upwards of a month, longer for some people. Case number is typically assigned a day after though. Go hang out in the thread that was posted, you'll be able to gather a lot of good info hanging out in there, including stuff that will be beneficial later. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

@JMEngland is right, for whatever reason, it takes longer for cases to make it to NVC these days. We got our NOA2 on 18th of January, and it made it to NVC only on 12th of February (case number assigned on 14th). People who got their NOA2 3-7 days before us got their numbers much faster and made it to February 5th shipment. We skipped 2 shipments already and are really hoping for 5th of March now :) Sometimes when you receive an actual case number in NVC it might stay there for another 2-3 weeks because not always do they include recently processed cases in the closest shipment. So overall, based on our experience, it takes around 4 weeks to make it to NVC and then 2-3 more weeks before they ship it to your embassy. Which feels long as hell but oh well. There's very little control over this stage, unfortunately. 

Edited by Olga&Jared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, wxman22 said:

Probably the government shutdown has caused the January delays.

that's my guess. I know nvc doesn't close, but it doesn't mean there aren't employees there who get furloughed. they could have been running a skeleton crew. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You should trust the time that the NVC gives you.  Currently it is running about 8 weeks from the time that they receive it.  To give you an idea, I just received the email from the NVC yesterday stating that they received the approved I-130 application and that I could log into the CEAC to pay my fees and upload documents.  However, the system will not allow me to log on ... anyway, here are my dates as an example for you:

11-29-18  USCIS NOA1 - I-130 Approval and sent to NVC 

1-1-19  Called NVC after 33 days - told they had not received the application and to call back

1-3-19   Called NVC and told they had received my application but that it would take up to 8 weeks to enter into the system

2-21-19  E-mail from NVC notifying receipt of the I-130 from USCIS.  Information to log onto CEAC provided, but cannot log into the account using information they provided.

Time from NOA1 to NVC receipt: 84 days/12 weeks

Hope that helps you.  Has anyone else experienced the inability to log into the NVC CEAC account using information provided?  I have called many times, but cannot get through the automated system.  It just tells me that there are too many callers and to try again later.  And they are supposed to be open until midnight EST, but they automated system tells me that they are closed when I call around 9 p.m. EST. 

Are we a third-world nation?  Nothing in the government works and there is no way to talk to a live person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ours was about 3-4 weeks from the date on  the NOA2 until the NVC gave us a case number and sent it out to embassy. Another 4-5 days after that it landed at the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.