Morocco Casablanca Consulate

203 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

he can have a translator but the CO wants him to interview and know English

The 9 year age difference is not that much

but he should know English to live here

and yes,  Casa has denied for not knowing English

They have also approved (a woman) who did not speak English at all but was married to a Moroccan that was in the US 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lottaair said:

Can someone help me with this question. 

My fiance does not speak English very well and we communicate a lot through goigle translate if there is a complicated discussion.  Can someone please tell me if my finance needs to know English for his interview? 

Will he still get approved although he is not 100% fluent in English?  I do not speak Arabic but we get along 100%. 

My case is similar. When me and my husband first began talking, he didn't know any English at all and we relied on translator apps to communicate. Now his English has improved greatly and we don't  need them at all. He started taking English lessons shortly after we met to get better. Also when I went to visit him in Morocco the first time, I left him with my Amazon firestick so he could watch TV and movies in English to help him lol. It definitely has.

8 hours ago, Lottaair said:

Will this rely heavily on his approval or denial?

I've read as far as say, the Diversity lottery applicants go (my husband's friend recently came to USA on a DV lottery visa and he barely knows any English at all), it's not a big deal if they don't know much English, but for anyone coming on a K1 or Cr1, they definitely want to know you and your spouse are able to communicate. If you knew Arabic too then I guess it wouldn't be a big deal to the embassy but if not, they will look suspiciously at it. It's helpful to read over the Moroccan consulate interviews reviews  on Visa journey..i think one person said their spouse asked to have the interview in Arabic and they were denied.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline

to add what we have seen they know most of the Moroccan older generations need translator for tourist visa to visit

but they really do want to see an immigrant know and use English

He will have to (for 1 ) fill out the ds160 in English

he will need to get driving license,  shop,  speak to others

Can u imagine how lonely it would be for you to go to work every day and he is home with none of the above

he can watch English youtube (videos and songs)

he can study it by talking to you

he can watch a view channels on TV in English /can't remember the channels but there are 2

songs are the best way to learn

he can also take classes ( even online)

other countries do approve people who don't speak English but Casa usually does not

help him out to learn

and study Arabic yourself

incha allah u can do it

BTW   not sure how u use google translate to talk as Arabic does  not tranlate good into English

i have to use French to speak to Adil's family as that translates

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lottaair said:

Can someone help me with this question. 

My fiance does not speak English very well and we communicate a lot through goigle translate if there is a complicated discussion.  Can someone please tell me if my finance needs to know English for his interview? 

Will he still get approved although he is not 100% fluent in English?  I do not speak Arabic but we get along 100%. 

My advise to you is do not rush to apply for K1, it`s better to do it right at 1st time than get denied and you have wait even longer. i`m talking based on personal experience our K1 got dined and i had to wait few months to go back and get married and apply for CR1. My advise to you is ask your fiance to start learning English and go back In Summer to get married and apply for CR1, you have a big chance to get him to the state faster with CR1 than k1. 

Timeline

in Morocco it is not exchanging rings but sharing dates and milk

never and i mean NEVER send photos of an engagement party with a K1 especially if there were the beautiful Moroccan dresses on u

It is better that u did not marry on the 1st visit 

but the AOS after K1 visa and marriage here is over $1200 / watch every week for cheap flights/  try multiple airports and airlines as i found one last june for $658 round trip (2 day special on Air France)

you need to learn the expenses (fees and document translations,  plus travel and medical exam) involved in this process

and you need to know it it is not fast 

CR1 is cheaper in the long run

and if u return and marry he will have more time to learn and practice English

he does need to speak it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

it is the engagement ceremony.  We are at his house with his family. Ate you someone who was approved or denied in Morocco?

What is AOS?

I am not getting married in Morocco.  It's more expensive. Cheaper fees for USA but the marriage is not and plus it takes even longer for him to come here. I am an American American ..ok man and it's my first wedding I'd like my family to see it. I dont have vacation time to go over there as often as you speak not just money. Also if you aren't aware we cant even be alone there it sucks.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Lottaair said:

Here goes my story:

We met several months ago and have been dedicated to one another every since. We talk (video) twice a day and text all day. I just recently went to see him last month and took care of the paperwork for things I needed from him. He wrote in his native language on the I-129F . I also gathered his passport photo and he signed a letter of intent to marry. I have gathered a booklet with pictures of us and records of our conversation. Pictures also include his family and friends everyone I met while I was there. We also had a morrocan engagement ceremony as well with pictures to prove it. I got a letter wishing us well from one of his uncles that does speak English.  Neither one of us have been married before or have kids. I truly hope to submit this paperwork before Christmas. Will this be enough?  I do plan to go in the summer as well depending on his paperwork status. But I dont want this to delay my waiting time for him to come in 2019. It is very difficult with their rules there. Since we are not married.... that's why I wish to have him here asap.

Is there an agreement difference 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

AOS is adjustment of status. If he comes here on a K1 visa, you will need to pay $1225 after you get married in order for him to receive the 2 year green card. This process alone takes several months. He also will not be able to work or travel outside of the US until he has the green card or work/travel permit, which currently takes at least 4 months. 

Yes, it's a hassle to get married in Morocco, but it's generally cheaper than the K1 AOS fee, and he would be receiving the conditional green card right away, so he would be able to work and travel almost immediately after arriving in the US. K1 is taking about 7-11 months or so to process while CR1 is taking about 12-14. It's really only a few month difference.

Again, what you do is up to you, but those of us who have gone through the Casablanca consulate know it's hard. Immigration is not simple or cheap and there are not short cuts if you want to have a successful visa journey. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

it is the engagement ceremony.  We are at his house with his family. Ate you someone who was approved or denied in Morocco?

What is AOS?

I am not getting married in Morocco.  It's more expensive. Cheaper fees for USA but the marriage is not and plus it takes even longer for him to come here. I am an American American ..ok man and it's my first wedding I'd like my family to see it. I dont have vacation time to go over there as often as you speak not just money. Also if you aren't aware we cant even be alone there it sucks.

what is an American American?

This process is not fast, easy or cheap If you can not afford the visits, your petition will not be approved.

for morrocco a CR1 IS faster but you still have to have above par evidence of a bonafide relationship and multiple visits.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline

Is your wife or fiance from the same country? 

I have read through many websites that my visit was fine staying there for two weeks. And now you saying different.  I dont have years a nd years to wait for this. I wanted to hear from someone who's actually went throu the Moroccan process because all these places are different.  I don't understand acronyms you all keep using. 

2 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

If you can not afford the visits, your petition will not be approved. 

The petition would be approved (assuming everything else is in order), actually. But the visa? Likely not.

Then the petition would be sent back to USCIS to die and the OP would need to start all over. ~9-12+ months lost.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.