24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

With a medical emergency, medical treatment should be sought immediately.  Waiting six months for an immigration visa to treat a medical emergency is nuts.

The OP should go to the US Embassy and try if she wants.  A new VJ member telling her that his medical emergency could be taken into consideration is wrong for two primary reasons; 1) a medical emergency to the beneficiary is not a reason for an expedite, and 2) AP can not be expedited.  

The beneficiary should get medical treatment now.  Holding off on treatment with a case in AP from Pakistan is nuts.  

Sorry to the OP for this harsh shot of reality.  

Also, how is he going to pay for treatment in the US?  That could be a concern with the public charge issue.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thailand would be the obvious location for medical treatment.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, zoya786 said:

Hi everyone,

I have applied for a k1 visa for my fiance in Pakistan. Unfortunately, my fiance has developed a "cyst" on his face which is getting bigger as time passes. I am scared it can become inflamed or infected, with the overlying skin that is becoming red, tender, and sore. He has had this for over 6 months but is getting really worse now. The typical treatment for any cyst is removal by surgery and a routine test for cancer. All unusual lumps need to be investigated by a qualified health professional.  Some cysts are cancerous and early treatment is vital. If left untreated, cysts can cause serious complications including infection, the cyst fills with bacteria and pus, and becomes an abscess. If the abscess bursts inside the body, there is a risk of blood poisoning (septicaemia).

The only treatment for this would be a surgical removal. My fiance is 27 years old and has never used Pakistan's medical services. Being a US citizen, I do not trust Pakistan's medical care especially for serious treatments like surgery. We both would rather have this treatment done in America. As for right now, our case is in Administrative processing and has been in AP ever since the interview in August 2018. I am thinking to pay a visit to the Islamabad embassy and show them my fiance needs to seek medical treatment in America and request them to issue the visa as this is a medical emergency. Please advise on what you think

Thank you,

Zoya

Either your fiancé needs to start using Pakistan's medical services and/or need to stop being scared.  Cyst removals are quite common and no where near something that can be considered a medical emergency.  If you are really scared for him then go take him to a doctor in Pakistan as soon as possible. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I agree with those who have stated:

1.  AP can not be expedited.

2.  This is not a medical emergency for the USC, therefore does not meet the requirements to expedite.

This immigration process is painful, but I think your arguments for a ME are weak..........of course, you are free to request.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, zoya786 said:

We both would rather have this treatment done in America. As for right now, our case is in Administrative processing and has been in AP ever since the interview in August 2018. I am thinking to pay a visit to the Islamabad embassy and show them my fiance needs to seek medical treatment in America and request them to issue the visa as this is a medical emergency. Please advise on what you think

Since AP in Pakistan can last for months and months, I would not delay getting him medical care...in his home country.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

A cutaneous cyst is NOT a medical emergency.  It should be aspirated and the fluid sent for pathology.  This is very basic primary healthcare, and I assure you it is available in Pakistan.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, zoya786 said:

Hi everyone,

I have applied for a k1 visa for my fiance in Pakistan. Unfortunately, my fiance has developed a "cyst" on his face which is getting bigger as time passes. I am scared it can become inflamed or infected, with the overlying skin that is becoming red, tender, and sore. He has had this for over 6 months but is getting really worse now. The typical treatment for any cyst is removal by surgery and a routine test for cancer. All unusual lumps need to be investigated by a qualified health professional.  Some cysts are cancerous and early treatment is vital. If left untreated, cysts can cause serious complications including infection, the cyst fills with bacteria and pus, and becomes an abscess. If the abscess bursts inside the body, there is a risk of blood poisoning (septicaemia).

The only treatment for this would be a surgical removal. My fiance is 27 years old and has never used Pakistan's medical services. Being a US citizen, I do not trust Pakistan's medical care especially for serious treatments like surgery. We both would rather have this treatment done in America. As for right now, our case is in Administrative processing and has been in AP ever since the interview in August 2018. I am thinking to pay a visit to the Islamabad embassy and show them my fiance needs to seek medical treatment in America and request them to issue the visa as this is a medical emergency. Please advise on what you think

Thank you,

Zoya

He should probably go to a doctor (and/or dermatologist) in Pakistan. 

A skin issue is not enough to expedite a k1 visa....sorry.

You can trust (or not trust) any medical system you want.....but the fact of the matter is your fiancé doesn’t have that luxury. So he needs to go to the doctor and get it taken care of.

No way to expedite AP.

No basis for an expedite on the beneficiary's medical behalf.

No basis that care cannot be obtained in Pakistan or another country he could travel to for care already. Merely not trusting doctors there (why not?) is not sufficient.

No basis that the condition is an emergency. What it could be and could happen is not pertinent. Figure out what it is and what treatment is necessary.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.