2,915 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

Please let kmoges be she going through a lot and only an attorney can help her for now, please let this matter rest, non of us are in the uscis to know what happens,  I can imagine her situation right now. And kmoges you do not have to justify to us anything please , whether fake or not the issue at hand is real and you are trying your best to help yourself. I pray for calm in this journey. 

Thanks for speaking up! I thought I was the only one feeling the same way about people becoming  so overboard with this situation. 🙏

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Goyo said:

Thanks for speaking up! I thought I was the only one feeling the same way about people becoming  so overboard with this situation. 🙏

What I’m trying to say is that they must have been to cruel to decide her case just for a mistake on form ..I was trying to build her confidence so she can fight back if she can try and get the documents she submitted to the working place ..she said she has seen different lawyers they all keep saying same thing who knows whether we can be of help too on here,if she can try and get the documents she used to apply for the job and tell Uscis what she submitted..if she had submitted Ead social security card then her company should be penalized..I can feel the pain from my side it’s not easy ...just trying to be helpful nobody is judging anybody 

8 hours ago, Blunt said:

What I’m trying to say is that they must have been to cruel to decide her case just for a mistake on form ..I was trying to build her confidence so she can fight back if she can try and get the documents she submitted to the working place ..she said she has seen different lawyers they all keep saying same thing who knows whether we can be of help too on here,if she can try and get the documents she used to apply for the job and tell Uscis what she submitted..if she had submitted Ead social security card then her company should be penalized..I can feel the pain from my side it’s not easy ...just trying to be helpful nobody is judging anybody 

@Blunt I understand you but I advise we let this topic rest, non of us here can handle the situation by constantly asking or suggesting what might have went wrong. @kmogens you need to speak with a lawyer and Sandraj to guide you.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ilo said:

@Blunt I understand you but I advise we let this topic rest, non of us here can handle the situation by constantly asking or suggesting what might have went wrong. @kmogens you need to speak with a lawyer and Sandraj to guide you.

I think that’s the best..looking for good lawyer would help his case there is nothing above God ..I have seen someone who was arrested for not going to school he entered with and incarcerated and put in removal proceedings also locked up in Texas immigration detention center for months ..about to be deported just because he was arrested for not going to the school...he was arrested at airport when he wanted to travel by air to another state after 4 months that he got to America so they called the school and asked why he’s not in school and they said he didn’t show up ..long story short he was handcuffed and jailed ...about to be deported but he never gave up ..he kept asking questions from intellectual people not bad energies people and lawyers ...it was even after he was released but still on removal proceedings he married and his wife even abused him and he filed vawa and got his green card since last year ..this is one of the toughest case ...I’m just saying this to @kmogens to let her know that it’s not over and also encouraging her and everybody ..believe in yourself in as much you know that you don’t commit any serious crime you will be vindicated at the end..I’m a person that don’t give up easily,even when am weak I come back again and refire.i know money would be involved but be positive and never give up ..the story happened to my very close friend so I know what am saying now he got his green card ..after so many lawyers told him that he should just leave the country voluntarily..always know that lawyers and anybody on any forum is not God and even those officers working at Uscis are not God they are human being ..so God can touch one of them mind to overturn your case and get you approved @kmogens..it is well with you in Jesus name 

12 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

I got 2 jobs Dear one of the employer send me a form I-9 to fill and the 2nd job never gave me that form.

So it depends on the employer maybe.

But when you work for any big company they will issue you that form

I-9 to fill it to verify your eligibility to work in US.

Thanks you so much @Roms2017 for clarification this matter .

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Sandranj

I really need your help to better understand ongoing VAWA petition process which I have submitted I-360, I-765 and I-485 all together on 5th Oct-10 and they have received it and generated receipt on 10/10/2018. Since then they have issued RFE for good moral character on 12/04/2018, my lawyer has submitted RFE response on 4th Jan'19 with all required evidences and papers provided by me.  Still there is no update about whether USCIS has received RFE documents or not. On daily basis I do check my online status but no update till date. I am seriously worried and even can't sleep well because of this complected situation. I am afraid as its approaching 87 days deadline submitting RFE response. Sandra could you please help me understanding whats wrong happening with my VAWA, so USCIS doesn't update my status even after receiving RFE response (I tracked RFE packet delivery as successful) ? I would be grateful in advance for your reply

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm trying to do everything myself as I can't afford a lawyer and can't find a pro-bono one. Almost ready to file pending a few documents to gather and a review of my affidavit. Just wanted to check I have all forms needed. I'm planning to file I-360, I-485 and I-765 together.

By my reckoning, in total I need:

I-360

I-485

I-765

I-864W

I-912

G-325A

Is that correct or am I missing anything?

Also, I-485 and I-765 each ask for two passport photos - so do I need to send 4 total?

Thanks

Feb 2019 - Collecting evidence for VAWA petition

Apr 2019 - Contacted local DV resource center

May 2019 - Started therapy

Hello everyone!

So I’m still waiting for my EAD. I’ve already asked help from my congresswoman almost 2 weeks ago, no response yet, and senator just yesterday. I just realized I forgot to mention that I have filed VAWA. Will that matter to where they send the inquiry or should I let them know about my I360? Anyone please. Thank you! 

Card is shipped as per I360 Update.

Thanks Lord .. You are the hope and made the truth to win till End !!!🙇‍♀️

All who helps here are Angels. It was exhaustive journey , taught about patience , perseverance and Faith 🙌

I am in Texas state, How much time more it will take from approval to GC , Any approximate time  🤔 ?

Also I may have to go back to home country to see my parents, as they are sick , so how much time AP card take to processed😵 and any case of denial or re-entry on AP please share  your experiences 🙏?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, gur said:

Card is shipped as per I360 Update.

Thanks Lord .. You are the hope and made the truth to win till End !!!🙇‍♀️

All who helps here are Angels. It was exhaustive journey , taught about patience , perseverance and Faith 🙌

I am in Texas state, How much time more it will take from approval to GC , Any approximate time  🤔 ?

Also I may have to go back to home country to see my parents, as they are sick , so how much time AP card take to processed😵 and any case of denial or re-entry on AP please share  your experiences 🙏?

Congratulations to you ....Good News to start this evening..🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼.. when did you apply for i360 vawa and when was it approved? Pls share...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
10 hours ago, Blunt said:

have you been scheduled for an interview?

No still waiting otherway i should have informed you guys.

Have you filed your vawa petition?

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Miracle28 said:

Hello everyone. My journey started on dec 21st 2016 and ended yesterday on March 7th 2019 with my green card interview.

This was a very easy and fast interview for me. My appointment was at 9am and i did not wait at all. I was extremely nervous but the lady officer was one of the most compassionate and understanding human being i have met on my vawa. 

She made me took the oath, asked me for some paperwork ( updated physical, EAD, passport, SS, DL, I94), asked me the yes/no questions on the i485 form then asked me where i wanted my green card sent to. The only personal questions i had were about why im still living with the abuse spouse and some talk about my family and my son. My advice on that is just to be honest and speak with your heart. She finished by telling me how long it usually takes for the green card to get in the mail and we chatted about the weather for about 5 min and that was it. It lasted for barely 30 min. 1 hour later i got an update that my card was being produced. 

I think it will start to sink in when i see it in the mail but this message is to give hope to all of you. This was an almost 3 year journey for me from rhe moment i met mt lawyer for the first time ans like all of you it can get very depressing. Believe in yourself and in your story and what happened to you is valid. I wish you all a great night.

Congratulations 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hello everyone!

So I’m still waiting for my EAD. I’ve already asked help from my congresswoman almost 2 weeks ago, no response yet, and senator just yesterday. I just realized I forgot to mention that I have filed VAWA. Will that matter to where they send the inquiry or should I let them know about my I360? Anyone please. Thank you! 

When did you file for EAD?. It takes 5 months to get it. As for your Senator, If you gave them the receipt number they will figure it out.

Here is a Timeline for EAD (first time applicants).

3 months after filing - You get a fingerprint appointment

2 months after that- You get your card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.