2,915 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MelTex30 said:

I really hope so. Because if I’m right about the expiration date of the c31 being on August 1, 2019 the when I receive it, I’ll have to start the renewal process immediately. But I’ll talk to my lawyer. 

About the field office for the I485, my lawyer said Lee’s Summit, Missouri which I find weird because I live in Texas. But that’s what the notice said. 

Lee Summit is the National Benefits Center. All applications go through there before they transfer it to your local office 

2 hours ago, Luckynumber3 said:

Lee Summit is the National Benefits Center. All applications go through there before they transfer it to your local office 

Oh ok good to know. If that is my last notice, is it safe to presume that it’s still in Missouri? Or could they have already transferred it to my local office without a notice or status update on the website? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Hello guys and good evening.

i received a mail from uscis today that my EAD C9 card was mailed today,although I applied for EAD and AP together expecting a combo.

I did not received any notification as regard the AP.

Do you think they are going to send it separately or together.

Has anybody experienced this as well .

Thanks 

Congratulations on your EAD.... when did you apply for your EAD, pls share... thanks

Timeline

Hello guys , a quick question, October 2018 EAD filers/EAD Renewal ,  has anybody Received their EAD card yet? Or Approval notice? This process is too long man 🤪🤪🤪....Am tired of the wait.. someone pls talk to me.... 

1 hour ago, Modu said:

Hello guys , a quick question, October 2018 EAD filers/EAD Renewal ,  has anybody Received their EAD card yet? Or Approval notice? This process is too long man 🤪🤪🤪....Am tired of the wait.. someone pls talk to me.... 

Yes i applied ead october 2018 ,, ihave it in  my hand ,, it was approved.  On 2nd feb 2019

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Naperi said:

Yes i applied ead october 2018 ,, ihave it in  my hand ,, it was approved.  On 2nd feb 2019

Congratulations ... thanks for the response.... pls was it an EAD renewal or your 1st EAD card?

Hey guys!

I enrolled in a housing program because I have no place to live.

But immigration attorney said it.could affect on my immigration process.

That USCIS can deny my application because I’m using this program l.

Can you tell is that true?

Who had faced with it?

Thank you!

Edited by HolaBola31

9 hours ago, Modu said:

Congratulations on your EAD.... when did you apply for your EAD, pls share... thanks

Thanks I applied for EAD and AP together  in December 10 and my Receipt date was 23 December .

Also I have not received any notification for the AP yet as I was expecting a combo.

Please has anyone else experienced the same thing 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Bryan12 said:

Thanks I applied for EAD and AP together  in December 10 and my Receipt date was 23 December .

Also I have not received any notification for the AP yet as I was expecting a combo.

Please has anyone else experienced the same thing 

Hmmmmm, That's crazy , 

7 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hey guys!

I enrolled in a housing program because I have no place to live.

But immigration attorney said it.could affect on my immigration process.

That USCIS can deny my application because I’m using this program l.

Can you tell is that true?

Who had faced with it?

Thank you!

I don't think this is correct. For those in need, who are in a vulnerable economic/financial situation, they have no other options. A shelter not only provides a roof over your head but also provides counselling and daycare services for clients in need while they get back on their feet. I have heard of attorneys filing for 1-360, i-485, i-765 & I-131 concurrently for their clients while they are in shelter. Once they get their EAD card, they get a job  and earn a steady paycheck - they move out of the shelter when their financial situation improves. Housing gives you temporary support to enable you to focus on other things, like employment and children. They cannot use it against you, especially if you are economically/financially vulnerable, cannot live in the same place as your abusive partner esp if you have kids, or are simply waiting for a decision to be made on your application.

1 minute ago, namastenyc said:

I don't think this is correct. For those in need, who are in a vulnerable economic/financial situation, they have no other options. A shelter not only provides a roof over your head but also provides counselling and daycare services for clients in need while they get back on their feet. I have heard of attorneys filing for 1-360, i-485, i-765 & I-131 concurrently for their clients while they are in shelter. Once they get their EAD card, they get a job  and earn a steady paycheck - they move out of the shelter when their financial situation improves. Housing gives you temporary support to enable you to focus on other things, like employment and children. They cannot use it against you, especially if you are economically/financially vulnerable, cannot live in the same place as your abusive partner esp if you have kids, or are simply waiting for a decision to be made on your application.

I think the housing coordinator can also write a letter on your behalf regarding your personal situation and mentioning what services you received and why. 

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the timeline. So, what is the process like and what is the length of time between seeing the USCIS notification about EAD card, receiving the EAD card & finding out that your VAWA has been approved? Also, I'm curious about the process taken in between the request for the I-485 inerview & GC approval? What is the range of time -  it is reasonable to expect that it falls within 1 year of VAWA approval or longer? Also, could some of you please share what documents you had to collect prior to your I-485 interview? My ex has kept all my original documents and never returned it when I left him. I need to find out what docs I need to present to USCIS as I only have photocopies of originals and try to get a physical copy of the original documents in the meantime. 

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and insights with the community! Enjoy your day! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Hello guys and good evening.

i received a mail from uscis today that my EAD C9 card was mailed today,although I applied for EAD and AP together expecting a combo.

I did not received any notification as regard the AP.

Do you think they are going to send it separately or together.

Has anybody experienced this as well .

Thanks 

if you applied for AP and EAD then its COMBO CARD. Congrats 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, shayona said:

Hi Sandranj

I really need your help to better understand ongoing VAWA petition process which I have submitted I-360, I-765 and I-485 all together on 5th Oct-10 and they have received it and generated receipt on 10/10/2018. Since then they have issued RFE for good moral character on 12/04/2018, my lawyer has submitted RFE response on 4th Jan'19 with all required evidences and papers provided by me.  Still there is no update about whether USCIS has received RFE documents or not. On daily basis I do check my online status but no update till date. I am seriously worried and even can't sleep well because of this complected situation. I am afraid as its approaching 87 days deadline submitting RFE response. Sandra could you please help me understanding whats wrong happening with my VAWA, so USCIS doesn't update my status even after receiving RFE response (I tracked RFE packet delivery as successful) ? I would be grateful in advance for your reply

HI Sandra

Can you please answer my previous post ? I received RFE on 4th Dec 2018, answered it on 4th Jan 2019. It's more than 90 days passed submitting RFE documents to USCIS but no online update yet about receiving my RFE papers.  Can you please answer my query ? Anyone else has he same experiece like mine ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.