2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, gur said:

@sandraj @FridayGirl@69 @username_taken Hi .. I gone through google search and found the link with below info...Is it true or just a possibility 😵😰😮?

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/my-i360-status-updated-to----a-new-card-is-being-p-3847228.html

"I-360 does not generate any card, if you filed I-485 together with the I-360, perhaps, it was processed without an interview, though usually, after the i-360 approval, the i-485 is transferred to the local office for the i-485 interview and only after the interview green card arrives. However, USCSI can waive the interview so if you read about the card being issued, your I-485 might have been adjudicated."

@gurthey rarely waive the interview under New Goverment  Administration.

As I understood you get issue a EAD once Vawa/1-360 is approved eventually you will get the I-765 from your original application packet (I-360,I-765,I-485) approved too afterward the I-485 will be adjudicated as @sandranj has wrote several times before. I hope this helps.

11 hours ago, Blunt said:

But you can still say it’s not intentional...cuz I know you can’t put that intentional perhaps you didn’t even pay attention when you filling the I 9 form ..wait let’s start from here ..that job you got ..in as much as you gave them EAD card and social security card to start the job then it’s  not your fault cause that’s the most important..that has said it all..mistakes could happen when filling form ..you can fight it ...did you give them EAD to apply at that job ...cause your job might have affected you too ..let’s tackle this issue ..I feel so bad for you ...

I See some people working at stores when they get the job they only gave them the social security with other information such as address , date of birth , phone number , and they ask if they have independence or not that it and Some they ask for work permit just to see it is valid without getting any information from this card or anything without getting Even a copy for EAD Card .. They only care about the social security number . And they write this information on peace of paper and they gave it to accounting to get the check every week with W2 .

They don't gave any application to fill up or anything like that .

As long the person working with check and having w2 and filling tax he/she is Good .

I don't understand . what is the problem?

What Does mean the officer pull I 9 ?

When they pull I 9 at the interview ?

Can you please explain with more details about this subject .

9 hours ago, Blunt said:

What is it about this?? How are you doing I got my police character today via ups

Am fine and thanks for asking please can you put me through how you requested for police clearance  .

i will appreciate if you can summarize the procedure you took to get one .

moreover I try to send you a message but says you cannot accept message 

thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, xoxox said:

I See some people working at stores when they get the job they only gave them the social security with other information such as address , date of birth , phone number , and they ask if they have independence or not that it and Some they ask for work permit just to see it is valid without getting any information from this card or anything without getting Even a copy for EAD Card .. They only care about the social security number . And they write this information on peace of paper and they gave it to accounting to get the check every week with W2 .

As long the person working with check and having w2 and filling tax he/she is Good .

I’m going to say something off (“MY EXPERIENCE” because some people here are so sensitive when you experience something different as if they are the ones experienced it). When I applied for a job that I’m currently doing, I didn’t have my SSN when I did but I submitted my work permit and I had to fill out and sign that I-9 form you guys are talking about.  Before I could get the job, the employer had to send it to Homeland Security for verification before I get the job. Also when I applied for SSN they send information to Homeland Security as well. 

20 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

I’m going to say something off (“MY EXPERIENCE” because some people here are so sensitive when you experience something different as if they are the ones experienced it). When I applied for a job that I’m currently doing, I didn’t have my SSN when I did but I submitted my work permit and I had to fill out and sign that I-9 form you guys are talking about.  Before I could get the job, the employer had to send it to Homeland Security for verification before I get the job. Also when I applied for SSN they send information to Homeland Security as well. 

@Trizzle Hello!!! You are absolutely correct!!! For the past few years, most employers now use E-Verify to verify the applicant's eligibility to work in the U.S, there's no way around it, especially with the current administration, filling out an I-9 is a must!! The reason many employers now comply with it is to avoid getting themselves in trouble, and one cannot blame them. I just wish there was a way that the system would ensure that people receive their EADs in a timely fashion so they can work, because I believe that the more people who work and pay taxes, the better the economy will get, at least in my opinion 🙂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, xoxox said:

When you get employed one part of it in onboarding process, during that process you are asked to fill form i9 this is the document that most employers will use during e-verification so there is an option of saying

1. Alien allowed to work in the USA, with EAD

2. Permanent resident

3. Citizen

4. Refugee 

So when choosing this eg in our cases you are supposed to choose number 1, with that you will be required by the employer to bring along  your work authorization your ssn and sometimes your ID.

If you choose permanent resident you have to attach your GC

If you choose citizen earlier on you will just come with your social security number,  and id 

But this days you might be asked to attach a document to show your citizenship. 

Maybe this will help you.

The only concern is how they decided to pull the records.

And yes I just inquired and they can pull it anytime, what am wondering is maybe one has to quit the job and get one that they are using ead to be safe.

Edited by Ziongirl
Add information

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Trizzle Hello!!! You are absolutely correct!!! For the past few years, most employers now use E-Verify to verify the applicant's eligibility to work in the U.S, there's no way around it, especially with the current administration, filling out an I-9 is a must!! The reason many employers now comply with it is to avoid getting themselves in trouble, and one cannot blame them. I just wish there was a way that the system would ensure that people receive their EADs in a timely fashion so they can work, because I believe that the more people who work and pay taxes, the better the economy will get, at least in my opinion 🙂

That is so true. I’m not gonna bash the person who got their AOS denied but I think they made a honest mistake and tick the wrong box “maybe they didn’t understand at the time that they weren’t a permanent resident”. But it’s in past, it’s just to find a way to defeat this obstacle infront of them right now. I hope and pray that she overcomes it. 

12 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

When you get employed one part of it in onboarding process, during that process you are asked to fill form i9 this is the document that most employers will use during e-verification so there is an option of saying

1. Alien allowed to work in the USA, with EAD

2. Permanent resident

3. Citizen

4. Refugee 

So when choosing this eg in our cases you are supposed to choose number 1, with that you will be required by the employer to bring along  your work authorization your ssn and sometimes your ID.

If you choose permanent resident you have to attach your GC

If you choose citizen earlier on you will just come with your social security number,  and id 

But this days you might be asked to attach a document to show your citizenship. 

Maybe this will help you.

The only concern is how they decided to pull the records.

And yes I just inquired and they can pull it anytime, what am wondering is maybe one has to quit the job and get one that they are using ead to be safe.

Thank you for this information .

I really try to understand something .

There's some people didn't fill up this form when they get the job but and still have SSN and Valid EAD and they work for check and filling tax every year .

Is there any problems with USCIS when you don't fill up this application i9 when you get job ?

This application is important for USCIS or your job ?

Thanks .

Timeline
13 minutes ago, xoxox said:

There's some people didn't fill up this form when they get the job but and still have SSN and Valid EAD and they work for check and filling tax every year .

Is there any problems with USCIS when you don't fill up this application i9 when you get job ?

Thanks .

In all honesty I’m gonna try answer in my opinion. In the eyes of Homeland Security people have and is using FAKE SSN and EAD to work. When you apply for a job and submit your I-9, it goes directly to them to verify you have their authorization to work plus theirs the liability as well for some people to get in trouble in the long run if they falsifily get jobs and also the employers. So in my opinion I think it’s important for USCIS, Homeland Security and your job. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
32 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Thanks .

The employer can only fill out the information that is provided.  The I-9 system has been updated in recent years but it is not perfect.  The employer is to follow-up with questionable documents submitted.  

The issue is with USCIS, any intentional information provided to gain any benefit is considered a misrep, and will be denied a GC.  This is something different than illegally working under the table.  They do not have you submit documents for the I-9 in those situations.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Trizzle said:

In all honesty I’m gonna try answer in my opinion. In the eyes of Homeland Security people have and is using FAKE SSN and EAD to work. When you apply for a job and submit your I-9, it goes directly to them to verify you have their authorization to work plus theirs the liability as well for some people to get in trouble in the long run if they falsifily get jobs and also the employers. So in my opinion I think it’s important for USCIS, Homeland Security and your job. 

Thanks a lot for your help .

I Don't think when I started work at my job I filled up I 9 application .. Only I filled up other application was just regular application asking some information such as SSN ,address , Date of birthday , Name .

They only saw My EAD is valid or not .

I Never used Any thing Fake .

My EAD valid too .

I filled my tax Every year since I received my EAD and SSN and I have all my W2 until now and it shows my name and my SSN and other information everything is correct .

Is that Going to be problem for 485 interview ?

please I appreciate your help and advise.

Edited by xoxox

Timeline
5 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Thanks a lot for your help .

I Don't think when I started work at my job I filled up I 9 application .. Only I filled up other application was just regular application asking some information such as SSN ,address , Date of birthday , Name .

They only saw My EAD is valid or not .

I Never used Any thing Fake .

My EAD valid too .

I filled my tax Every year since I received my EAD and SSN and I have all my W2 until now and it shows my name and my SSN and other information everything is correct .

Is that Going to be problem for 485 interview ?

please I appreciate your help and advise.

If it bothers you I would go to your employer and let them fill it out and send it to the necessary authorities to be on the safe side cuz as you may have read in the forum someone had theirs pull during AOS interview and got denied because of misrepresentation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.