2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 9:11 AM, faithbr said:

Recently I applied for FAFSA and there was no option besides citizens and permanents and I checked permanent resident and put my alien number. Do you guys think that this is a problem for me?

There is option for refugy, non citizen with alien number my school supervisor  did it for me before included prima-facie it works fine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 9:11 AM, faithbr said:

Recently I applied for FAFSA and there was no option besides citizens and permanents and I checked permanent resident and put my alien number. Do you guys think that this is a problem for me?

If you clicked on eligible non citizen then you dont have any problem cuz it is included Gc holder, Refugee, T visa, I 94 form arrival- departure etc...

6 hours ago, gur said:

I have to go back to home country to see my parents, as Dad is sick , so how much time AP card take to get processed😵. My VAWA is Approved.

Also If anybody knows that DHS denies on the  re-entry on AP please share  your experiences 🙏?

I traveled twice in AP without any problem.if you don’t have any criminal problem or removal order you can use AP without any problem.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, Touna said:

Hello everyone , I applied for vawa in Aug 2018 and yet to receive prima facie , I filed a foia ( freedom of information act) request later , and when I received my foia results , it shows that the officer checked all boxes except the good moral character box , that means the officer is still questioning my moral character , I was arrested twice before when I was with my spouse but it was false allegations , all made up and state attorney declined to file charges against me and I wasn't charged with anything, 

With my i360 application I sent 2 personal letters from friends describing my good moral character , 

So my question is what I can add to prove that I have good moral character.

Thank you

I applied in August too, but i didn't get the point about requesting FOIA ? 

I need help as to my situation. 

I have a C9 EAD card that is expiring on May 29, 2019. 

On August 1, 2018 my VAWA was approved and it said they would be sending my C31 card. Well long story short, I never got the card because itvwas delivered but taken back to USCIS and then my card was promptly shredded. 

The firstvweek of September 2018, when I did not receive my card I told my lawyer to make an inquiry and ask them to resend the card. We never got any reply until December 17, 2018. The reply said they will be re-mailing the card to address provided but can’t give a timeline. 

soni  I asked my lawyer, should I just renew my C9? Coz I don’t want to go out of status when the C9 card I have expires on May 29. And I don’t know when this c31 card is coming and what the expiration date on that is - most likely August 1, 2019 since it was approved and printed on August 1,2018. 

My lawyer is saying that we shoukd just wait for the C31 because it might confuse USCIS. And in his words, “there is an unprecedented delay in all filers because of the shutdown”. 

As for the application of Permanent Resident, the last notification I have received and hasn’t changed since is 

“on August 29, 2018 we transferred your case to another office or jurisdiction.” 

So that my last update on that matter. 

What should i do? I don’t want to go out of status if the c31 doesn’t come by May 28. Should I insist we renew my C9? Or what should be my next plan of action? 

Please help me. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, MelTex30 said:

I need help as to my situation. 

I have a C9 EAD card that is expiring on May 29, 2019. 

On August 1, 2018 my VAWA was approved and it said they would be sending my C31 card. Well long story short, I never got the card because itvwas delivered but taken back to USCIS and then my card was promptly shredded. 

The firstvweek of September 2018, when I did not receive my card I told my lawyer to make an inquiry and ask them to resend the card. We never got any reply until December 17, 2018. The reply said they will be re-mailing the card to address provided but can’t give a timeline. 

soni  I asked my lawyer, should I just renew my C9? Coz I don’t want to go out of status when the C9 card I have expires on May 29. And I don’t know when this c31 card is coming and what the expiration date on that is - most likely August 1, 2019 since it was approved and printed on August 1,2018. 

My lawyer is saying that we shoukd just wait for the C31 because it might confuse USCIS. And in his words, “there is an unprecedented delay in all filers because of the shutdown”. 

As for the application of Permanent Resident, the last notification I have received and hasn’t changed since is 

“on August 29, 2018 we transferred your case to another office or jurisdiction.” 

So that my last update on that matter. 

What should i do? I don’t want to go out of status if the c31 doesn’t come by May 28. Should I insist we renew my C9? Or what should be my next plan of action? 

Please help me. 

Congratulations on your approval, i believe you should listen to your attorney cus they know better ! and please if i may ask where is your field office?cus you should be having ur interview soon,it’s been almost 7 months after approval .

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

@sandraj I applied for I-485, I-765, I-130 concurrently. My I-765 application has been approved and the EAD has been delivered under C09 category. Later on I had to apply for I-360 (VAWA) which is pending under prima-facie determination . I did not apply for I-765 (c33 category for VAWA)  and I-485 concurrently with I-360.  I haven't worked with the EAD c09 which was applied as a GC EAD. Now I am planning to apply for OPT-EAD ( C3B category) which is under non-immigrant F1 status . Which option should I use on the form I-765(C3B category )form now 1.a: initial permission to accept employment or 1.b: renewal of my permission accept employment? The form also asked for Alien Number or I-94 . Which one should I provide on this I-765 (OPT-EAD). And I would also be glad if I have more suggestions in this situation. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

Congratulations on your approval, i believe you should listen to your attorney cus they know better ! and please if i may ask where is your field office?cus you should be having ur interview soon,it’s been almost 7 months after approval .

I really hope so. Because if I’m right about the expiration date of the c31 being on August 1, 2019 the when I receive it, I’ll have to start the renewal process immediately. But I’ll talk to my lawyer. 

About the field office for the I485, my lawyer said Lee’s Summit, Missouri which I find weird because I live in Texas. But that’s what the notice said. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, MelTex30 said:

I really hope so. Because if I’m right about the expiration date of the c31 being on August 1, 2019 the when I receive it, I’ll have to start the renewal process immediately. But I’ll talk to my lawyer. 

About the field office for the I485, my lawyer said Lee’s Summit, Missouri which I find weird because I live in Texas. But that’s what the notice said. 

that’s crazy, does your lawyer lives in Missouri?

Hello guys and good evening.

i received a mail from uscis today that my EAD C9 card was mailed today,although I applied for EAD and AP together expecting a combo.

I did not received any notification as regard the AP.

Do you think they are going to send it separately or together.

Has anybody experienced this as well .

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, MelTex30 said:

Where is your lawyer?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.