2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Am fine and thanks for asking please can you put me through how you requested for police clearance  .

i will appreciate if you can summarize the procedure you took to get one .

moreover I try to send you a message but says you cannot accept message 

thanks 

Just tell you siblings to go to alagbon police station in Lagos ..they will need your passport page and also scan the forms to do your finger prints on then you send back..if your siblings don’t live in Lagos they should go to their nearest police station to request for police character its always in yellow paper 

Filed: Other Timeline

Question about missing documents...

I changed my name by deed poll (https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll) in the early 1990's. For security reasons it was an "unenrolled" deed poll so no public record exists. My ex destroyed the original and the only certified copies out of spite in 1995 when we divorced.

My birth certificate is in my birth name but my passport and all identification is in my current name. There's no way to get a copy of the deed unless I create a new one. My parents and brother are all dead and I have no one else who knew me before and after the name change could provide an affidavit stating that they can vouch for the change.

Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks

Feb 2019 - Collecting evidence for VAWA petition

Apr 2019 - Contacted local DV resource center

May 2019 - Started therapy

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

When you get employed one part of it in onboarding process, during that process you are asked to fill form i9 this is the document that most employers will use during e-verification so there is an option of saying

1. Alien allowed to work in the USA, with EAD

2. Permanent resident

3. Citizen

4. Refugee 

So when choosing this eg in our cases you are supposed to choose number 1, with that you will be required by the employer to bring along  your work authorization your ssn and sometimes your ID.

If you choose permanent resident you have to attach your GC

If you choose citizen earlier on you will just come with your social security number,  and id 

But this days you might be asked to attach a document to show your citizenship. 

Maybe this will help you.

The only concern is how they decided to pull the records.

And yes I just inquired and they can pull it anytime, what am wondering is maybe one has to quit the job and get one that they are using ead to be safe.

The whole story is confusing somehow ..I think there is a mix up somewhere ..cause there is no how you gonna take your EAD and social security card to your place of work and they documented it and just because the mistakenly clicked the wrong spot by saying you are green card holder,anybody could mistakenly make that mistake for real..what matters is the documents you took to your place of work to get that job ..cause they have the photocopy of your EAD and social security card so how come the work will now later responded back that you said you are a green card holder whenever you are a EAD holder ..the company is the problem ..if he could get the EAD and social security card he submitted to get that job then he can fight the case honorably,I would never believe that there is no mix up somewhere ..anybody could do mistake of the date of your birth that’s why they ask for birth certificate and passport page ..it’s not possible for you to do mistakes in those three places..that’s why place of work ask for either green card or ead,and if you even take your drivers license to place of work I meant the one you got with your EAD.the drivers license is on valid for a year so they will know from there that you are not a green card holder and also with the type of your social security card cause it’s different from the regular social security card..nobody should think otherwise or fear ..the company should be investigated ...it’s only if @kmogens used fake green card and Changed her EAD social security card to the regular one of green card holder and uses same social security number ..I sensed that could be where problem might be coming from ...cause the company have paper work of the documents you submitted asides from the filling if I 9 form ...what matters most is the documents you used to get the work cause they will make photocopies of the documents your submitted to get the job ...so it’s two things it’s either the company screwed the whole thing up for her or maybe she did a fake green card and change her social security card from the EAD social security card but still use the same number,cause people always do that too unknowingly that it might affect their status and sometimes gets away with it..I’m not judging her I’m just thinking of what might have happened ..I really wish her the best ,she’s gonna overcome it ..it’s so confusing

Filed: Timeline

Guys Kmogens case is very complicated. From what has been posted she filled out her I9 as a permanent resident - which was incorrect. Unfortunately USCIS takes a very hard stance on that kind of misrepresentation. They do not consider it to be easily forgiven as an accident. She needs an attny to put together a waiver for the misrep using legal arguments and not simply a 'it was a mistake please forgive me' type letter. Hopefully Sandra can provide her some advice.

Often during naturalization they ask for copies of I9, however as seen here they can ask for it at any time. The i9 has to be filled out by the worker- the company can not fill it out for you. The main lesson here is for everyone to be aware of ALL documents they sign in life. Read everything carefully and make sure its filled out accurately. If you are unsure do not sign before asking a trusted source. There is an off topic and a moving and your new life in America threads on VJ where ANY question can be asked. Take advantage of it.

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, xoxox said:

I Made some reaches and I find .

an employee can work in the U.S. without an Employment Eligibility Verification Form, known as Form I-9 .

is that information is correct ?

An employer can use i9 or use E-verify. It is the employers responsibility to verify immigration status and employees are not punished if the employer fails to verify them. An employee WILL be in trouble if they fill out the i9 incorrectly or provide false documents for verification. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
17 minutes ago, username_taken said:

An employer can use i9 or use E-verify. It is the employers responsibility to verify immigration status and employees are not punished if the employer fails to verify them. An employee WILL be in trouble if they fill out the i9 incorrectly or provide false documents for verification. 

Hello people,I recently changed my address after  is submitted all forms to uscis and my attorney sent a change of address form to Vermont. But still received a biometric appiontment for the old City I was leaving.whay do I do?

4 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Hello people,I recently changed my address after  is submitted all forms to uscis and my attorney sent a change of address form to Vermont. But still received a biometric appiontment for the old City I was leaving.whay do I do?

You probably need to set up an Infopass appointment calling the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833.

Or try the link https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

I saw some cases here that people asked to change the address a lot of times and they didn't change. 

Edited by Jengaeco

1 hour ago, username_taken said:

Thanks a lot for this information .

I Don't understand Does Everyone in USA filled up this application for job .

Why USCIS didn't put it it as required for interview 485 if they will ask for it During the interview .

Usually on the interview notice requirements W2 , pay stub , tax papers and letter from your job .

What will happen if someone went to interview without this from .They will denied the case ?

I will do it only if It is necessary .

Edited by xoxox

Filed: Other Country: Tanzania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Blunt said:

The whole story is confusing somehow ..I think there is a mix up somewhere ..cause there is no how you gonna take your EAD and social security card to your place of work and they documented it and just because the mistakenly clicked the wrong spot by saying you are green card holder,anybody could mistakenly make that mistake for real..what matters is the documents you took to your place of work to get that job ..cause they have the photocopy of your EAD and social security card so how come the work will now later responded back that you said you are a green card holder whenever you are a EAD holder ..the company is the problem ..if he could get the EAD and social security card he submitted to get that job then he can fight the case honorably,I would never believe that there is no mix up somewhere ..anybody could do mistake of the date of your birth that’s why they ask for birth certificate and passport page ..it’s not possible for you to do mistakes in those three places..that’s why place of work ask for either green card or ead,and if you even take your drivers license to place of work I meant the one you got with your EAD.the drivers license is on valid for a year so they will know from there that you are not a green card holder and also with the type of your social security card cause it’s different from the regular social security card..nobody should think otherwise or fear ..the company should be investigated ...it’s only if @kmogens used fake green card and Changed her EAD social security card to the regular one of green card holder and uses same social security number ..I sensed that could be where problem might be coming from ...cause the company have paper work of the documents you submitted asides from the filling if I 9 form ...what matters most is the documents you used to get the work cause they will make photocopies of the documents your submitted to get the job ...so it’s two things it’s either the company screwed the whole thing up for her or maybe she did a fake green card and change her social security card from the EAD social security card but still use the same number,cause people always do that too unknowingly that it might affect their status and sometimes gets away with it..I’m not judging her I’m just thinking of what might have happened ..I really wish her the best ,she’s gonna overcome it ..it’s so confusing

I did not use fake papers. It was a legal state ID and social security card. I have never used fake documentation. The problem was checking the box for PM

AOS paperwork mailed 02/06/13

Text received 02/14/13

Check cleared 02/14/13

NOA1 received 02/19/13

Bio Notification 02/23/13

Walk-in bio 03/08/13

Timeline
31 minutes ago, kmogens said:

I did not use fake papers. It was a legal state ID and social security card. I have never used fake documentation. The problem was checking the box for PM

So you never provided your EAD card to that your job as at the time you were trying to get the job..didn’t they do the copies of your Ead?? And did you change the social security card to the citizen social security card that does not have only work with work authorization on it?? They can never ever judge your case just because you mistakenly clicked the wrong spot never !!!..they can’t just decide based on that ..did you put green card holder when filing your taxes to ?

1 hour ago, kmogens said:

Hey kmogens, you can only move forward now.Try to get assistance on filling the 601 and the fee waiver. Write @sandranj “PRIVATELY”, she may be able to help you by clarifyng any questions you might have. What’s done is done so don’t beat yourself up. 

Edited by Goyo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
6 hours ago, xoxox said:

Thanks a lot for your help .

I Don't think when I started work at my job I filled up I 9 application .. Only I filled up other application was just regular application asking some information such as SSN ,address , Date of birthday , Name .

They only saw My EAD is valid or not .

I Never used Any thing Fake .

My EAD valid too .

I filled my tax Every year since I received my EAD and SSN and I have all my W2 until now and it shows my name and my SSN and other information everything is correct .

Is that Going to be problem for 485 interview ?

please I appreciate your help and advise.

I got 2 jobs Dear one of the employer send me a form I-9 to fill and the 2nd job never gave me that form.

So it depends on the employer maybe.

But when you work for any big company they will issue you that form

I-9 to fill it to verify your eligibility to work in US.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

I got 2 jobs Dear one of the employer send me a form I-9 to fill and the 2nd job never gave me that form.

So it depends on the employer maybe.

But when you work for any big company they will issue you that form

I-9 to fill it to verify your eligibility to work in US.

Yea not every company gives you i9 form to fill ..they just tell you to bring to forms of id that’s all ..your ead and social security card with drivers license..I think there is more to what happened to @kmogens , they just want to intentionally punish her,cause what they are doing is not even making sense ,why don’t they request for the documents she submitted to her work then ...it’s so annoying ,this could happen to anyone 

Edited by Blunt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, Blunt said:

So you never provided your EAD card to that your job as at the time you were trying to get the job..didn’t they do the copies of your Ead?? And did you change the social security card to the citizen social security card that does not have only work with work authorization on it?? They can never ever judge your case just because you mistakenly clicked the wrong spot never !!!..they can’t just decide based on that ..did you put green card holder when filing your taxes to ?

Please let kmoges be she going through a lot and only an attorney can help her for now, please let this matter rest, non of us are in the uscis to know what happens,  I can imagine her situation right now. And kmoges you do not have to justify to us anything please , whether fake or not the issue at hand is real and you are trying your best to help yourself. I pray for calm in this journey. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.