Ptoth42

Need help with proof.

64 posts in this topic

Hi everyone that reads this...I'm on my last part before I mail in my K1 application. My fiance and I mostly use fb for communication and obviously I need to print out messages for proof. Problem is we have been dating for 2 years so that's alot. I've tried down loading my messages from fb but their are so many messages. How did all of you do this part.  Its takes like an hour just to find the first message I've sent to her.

Hi, I'd suggest take a screen shot of that first message and a couple of screenshot of conversations per month. Then compile in a word doc [make sure dates show]. Two years...2 screenshots per month...24 images...you can condense to 3 or 4pages of a word doc. You can also try printing double sided. I did it that way...same with phone log. We do WhatsApp. 

Best wishes,

Catherine.

Edited by Catherine6
Add info

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ptoth42 said:

Hi everyone that reads this...I'm on my last part before I mail in my K1 application. My fiance and I mostly use fb for communication and obviously I need to print out messages for proof. Problem is we have been dating for 2 years so that's alot. I've tried down loading my messages from fb but their are so many messages. How did all of you do this part.  Its takes like an hour just to find the first message I've sent to her.

We used to chat on Viber, so I exported logs and then looked through them and made screenshots for the most meaningful conversations, about 12 of them. Like, fiance being sick and me offering advice and support, me travelling alone and him commenting,  birthday and seasons greetings, his daughter visiting, us making plans for time together. We will need more for the interview as a proof that our relationship goes on. So if you can export and process your logs, you will be fine. If FB doesn't allow for that, switch to the app that does

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need to send that kind of proof with the i-129f application. I think you just need proof of meeting in person, not necessarily proof of a relationship. 

Edited by Shellimedz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need to send that kind of proof with the i-129f application. I think you just need proof of meeting in person, not necessarily proof of a relationship. 

You are not wrong

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

This is what pulls together a petition and, along with the other evidence, makes it front-loaded. This is what we preferred. If a couple is completely red flag free and there nothing an eye can stumble upon in their file, they possibly may go without it just at filing stage. It is absolutely necessary at the interview stage though.

Edited by HP+IC

8 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

This is what pulls together a petition and, along with the other evidence, makes it front-loaded. This is what we preferred. If a couple is completely red flag free and there nothing an eye can stumble upon in their file, they possibly may go without it just at filing stage. It is absolutely necessary at the interview stage though.

Well, I'm sure it doesn't hurt. I don't know how much it really helps to send them a bunch of stuff they didn't ask for either. Especially when you have a lot of little pieces in the package, I feel it might make it more likely for them to overlook some of the stuff they need. Pictures might not get mixed up too much but all those chat logs, idk. 

i think its best if you just do it simple and not over work your application..just prepare lot of those stuff(pictures,receipt,chat log and other evidence that will prove your continues bonafide relationship) on the final interview.

49 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

I got slow internet, what if I put a few conversations going back a few months and screenshot post on fb of pictures that have dates on then from when I visited her. Would they be enough proof 

I found this info below on another chat, something to think about. Make sure if you're sending chats that your beneficiary also knows what you sent. 

"On the other hand, if you just start loading up your petition with all of the evidence you've got then you're setting your fiancee up for a difficult interview. For example, if you include 100 pages of chat logs then you've given the consular officer LOTS of evidence the consular officer can use to grill your fiancee.

Consular Officer: On February 14th of 2009 you thanked your fiance for the Valentines Day gift. What exactly was the gift, and what exactly did your fiance say in response?

Would her memory be good enough to know exactly what you said on that day? The CO has the answer in front of him in black and white, so he'll know if her answer is correct.

Frontloaded evidence should either help support your case or specifically address red flags, but it's crucial that your fiancee know in detail everything you've frontloaded. In many cases, a consular officer will ask a question not knowing the precise correct answer - they just want to know if the beneficiary has a credible answer. Almost any believable answer is better than "I don't know". In the case of frontloaded evidence, you've given the consular officer the correct answers, so your fiancee had better know them."

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

I found this info below on another chat, something to think about. Make sure if you're sending chats that your beneficiary also knows what you sent. 

"On the other hand, if you just start loading up your petition with all of the evidence you've got then you're setting your fiancee up for a difficult interview. For example, if you include 100 pages of chat logs then you've given the consular officer LOTS of evidence the consular officer can use to grill your fiancee.

Consular Officer: On February 14th of 2009 you thanked your fiance for the Valentines Day gift. What exactly was the gift, and what exactly did your fiance say in response?

Would her memory be good enough to know exactly what you said on that day? The CO has the answer in front of him in black and white, so he'll know if her answer is correct.

Frontloaded evidence should either help support your case or specifically address red flags, but it's crucial that your fiancee know in detail everything you've frontloaded. In many cases, a consular officer will ask a question not knowing the precise correct answer - they just want to know if the beneficiary has a credible answer. Almost any believable answer is better than "I don't know". In the case of frontloaded evidence, you've given the consular officer the correct answers, so your fiancee had better know them."

It really is. K1 journey is not easy, it is about mutual commitment and support. We negotiated our I-129F documents and evidence for a whole month before filing. I sorted out evidence at my own discretion whereas fiance collated it and arranged all of it into order. Many hours we spent video chatting so we both knew what we put there. Also when he first came to visit  after filing he brought me a whole copied file arranged in the very same way the original file was arranged. I intend to have it with me at the interview. He also retained a copy for himself. So do I know precisely what we filed? Yes, I absolutely do. So does my fiance. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Ptoth42 said:

I got slow internet, what if I put a few conversations going back a few months and screenshot post on fb of pictures that have dates on then from when I visited her. Would they be enough proof 

You decide what you think self explanatory and persuasive. Have your fiancee look at it or ask her to do it for the both of you. My fiance worked long hours to get more vacation time and I sorted through the correspondence and came up with just a few conversations that looked really nice. Few months look fine because many couples are approved after a not so long courtship. You have like two years relationship and can prove it.

4 hours ago, Shellimedz said:

Absolutely right. :thumbs: Front loading an application is a risk. What I tell most is "Do what do will do". We sailed through without frontloading and most of the applicants who submit a 129f don't frontload and only supply what is required in the instructions and they report not having any problems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Absolutely right. :thumbs: Front loading an application is a risk. What I tell most is "Do what do will do". We sailed through without frontloading and most of the applicants who submit a 129f don't frontload and only supply what is required in the instructions and they report not having any problems.

I think what should also be noted is what consulate you are dealing with. You are going to have different experiences in the Philippines compared to lets say Morocco or Nigeria. Maybe front loading could be beneficial when you are at a difficult consulate. I don't think you have to worry as much about it in the Philippines. We front loaded our packet just for my sake of mind and we were dealing with the Netherlands. Follow the guidelines, but also do what makes you sleep easier at night. To each their own. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A couple of respondents went through Manila, typically one of the easiest consulates.

They're not wrong in regard to front-loading the petition package from their frame of reference.

However, as ronniebreda says just above, it depends on the consulate.

Do not (do NOT!!!) take the consular phase lightly!

Many of us brought evidence to the visa interview and it was ignored, dismissed, or refused.

If USCIS has seen the extra material (as part of the petition submission), the COs cannot ignore its existence.

Ptoth42, what country is your fiancee in?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.