Ptoth42

Need help with proof.

64 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

It won't hurt to add some of this when filing the petition, remember sometimes you can get once of those mean CO who won't look at any documents at the interview but only the ones sent at the original filing. 

USCIS and NVC are two different agencies and each has their own job.  USCIS doesn't look for ongoing relationship documentation as that is not their job.  The CO does want to see proof go the ongoing relationship.  Too many people don't realize that USCIS is part of Homeland Security.  NVC is the Department of State.  The COs are part of the Bureau of Consular Affairs.  USCIS doesn't issue visas.  They do approve petitions that meet their requirements (meet once in the two years prior to filing and both must be legally capable of contracting marriage).  USCIS doesn't care about ongoing relationships.  That is not listed as a requirement because it isn't required.  The CO is the point where the relationship must be proved.  

USCIS = Homeland Security - Approves/Denies petitions

NVC = Department of State - Immigrant Pre-Processing -  Issues Visas after CO approval

CO = Bureau of Consular Affairs  - Approves visas

Each has their job.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

It won't hurt to add some of this when filing the petition, remember sometimes you can get once of those mean CO who won't look at any documents at the interview but only the ones sent at the original filing. 

it depends to the applicants..even if Mean CO is tired working on that day .they probably not gonna deny them right away if there is no mistake in the application.

OP should focus onto important required documents and important evidence that will prove their relationship and not focusing into printing old and current conversation..just saying

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

If I had to print my chats it would be over 7000 pages for 1 years worth. I did not send any chat messages with my app. They sent me an RFE but that was for a missing document. When the interview comes, My fiancée will have in her possession first 250 pages of chats and last 250 pages of chats. Even that I think is overkill.

Gosh, it most certainly is. An average IO/CO has like 15-30 minutes to adjudicate your case. Though they are well trained to ignore extras just think about your fiancee having to carry a whole bunch of stationery with her. Quality should prevail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

USCIS and NVC are two different agencies and each has their own job.  USCIS doesn't look for ongoing relationship documentation as that is not their job.  The CO does want to see proof go the ongoing relationship.  Too many people don't realize that USCIS is part of Homeland Security.  NVC is the Department of State.  The COs are part of the Bureau of Consular Affairs.  USCIS doesn't issue visas.  They do approve petitions that meet their requirements (meet once in the two years prior to filing and both must be legally capable of contracting marriage).  USCIS doesn't care about ongoing relationships.  That is not listed as a requirement because it isn't required.  The CO is the point where the relationship must be proved.  

USCIS = Homeland Security - Approves petitions

NVC = Department of State - Immigrant Pre-Processing -  Issues Visas

CO = Bureau of Consular Affairs (Department of State) - Approves visas

Each has their job.  

I am very aware of this, still, some CO won't take further evidence that what they have in the USCIS package. So I can see why it's a good ide to have at least the minimum proof of ongoing relationship in there. I've seen cases where they refuse to look at the new evidence brought to the consulate.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

7 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I am very aware of this, still, some CO won't take further evidence that what they have in the USCIS package. So I can see why it's a good ide to have at least the minimum proof of ongoing relationship in there. I've seen cases where they refuse to look at the new evidence brought to the consulate.

That is completely and outrageously untrue!!!!  Then there is no reason for financial documents or police reports or anything else that is required by the CO?  The CO has a job.  USCIS has a job.  They are VERY different yet related.  I guarantee there is not a single CO working today that will only look at what Homeland sends them.  Not one single CO.  

To state that the COs only look at what is in the original petition is completely wrong and dangerous.  

The CO cares about the ongoing relationships, USCIS doesn't.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

That is completely and outrageously untrue!!!!  Then there is no reason for financial documents or police reports or anything else that is required by the CO?  The CO has a job.  USCIS has a job.  They are VERY different yet related.  I guarantee there is not a single CO working today that will only look at what Homeland sends them.  Not one single CO.  

To state that the COs only look at what is in the original petition is completely wrong and dangerous.  

Ok, I'm talking based on K1 interview reviews that I've read HERE in VJ. Not my case, but it's a topic I've seen a few times, just like visitors visa, I got denied and I wasn't asked to provide a single document even when I offered. 

And I'm not talking about police certificates or even financial documents, I'm talking about proof of on going relationship.

Maybe those people who related that in their experiences are wrong.

13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

USCIS = Homeland Security - Approves/Denies petitions

NVC = Department of State - Immigrant Pre-Processing -  Issues Visas after CO approval

CO = Bureau of Consular Affairs  - Approves visas

Each has their job.  

so true..im so agree with you

2 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

Ok, I'm talking based on K1 interview reviews that I've read HERE in VJ. Not my case, but it's a topic I've seen a few times, just like visitors visa, I got denied and I wasn't asked to provide a single document even when I offered. 

And I'm not talking about police certificates or even financial documents, I'm talking about proof of on going relationship.

the best thing that the OP can do is to go to uscis website and see what they must do..im talking here because of my experience in k1 and what i see during CO interview.😁😁

12 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

A visitors visa is a different animal too.  That wasn't a petition.  That was an application.  They have their own rules (proof you will return, proof of ongoing ties in country).

And again, tourist visas don't deal with ongoing relationships.  These are apple and oranges.  USCIS doesn't care about ongoing relationships.  The Bureau of Consular Affairs does.  They have different jobs.

The concern is people read these threads and that is why the person sent 1,300 pages of chat logs and ended up getting denied last year.  We need to give them the best information.  They can do what they want to do but volumes of chat logs are not required for the petition yet everyday we see people asking how they should package them.  There are times when some additional information helps but there was never a time where the CO depended only on the information from the original submittal.

I just want the newbies to realize that these agencies are separate and have their own jobs to do.  If we asked here, my guess is 7 out of 10 would say that USCIS issues their visas.  This is why this information is important.  USCIS has never in its history issued a single visa.  USCIS does their job and hands off to NVC.  NVC does their job and hands off to the Bureau of Consular Affairs.  The Bureau of Consular Affairs does their job and if all goes well, they will tell NVC that that may issue the visa if all goes well in AP. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

also every k1 visa case is unique and it is so different with visitor visa..k1 visa have step by step procedure to follow maybe the same with visitor visa but i dunno..but we are talking about filling k1 visa in uscis here..so those k1 visa holder that has experience like me we just giving our advice,opinion and suggestion..some people here are expert to it so dont try to argue 😂😂✌️

5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

A visitors visa is a different animal too.  That wasn't a petition.  That was an application.  They have their own rules (proof you will return, proof of ongoing ties in country).

And again, tourist visas don't deal with ongoing relationships.  These are apple and oranges.  USCIS doesn't care about ongoing relationships.  The Bureau of Consular Affairs does.  They have different jobs.

The concern is people read these threads and that is why the person sent 1,300 pages of chat logs and ended up getting denied last year.  We need to give them the best information.  They can do what they want to do but volumes of chat logs are not required for the petition yet everyday we see people asking how they should package them.  There are times when some additional information helps but there was never a time where the CO depended only on the information from the original submittal.

I just want the newbies to realize that these agencies are separate and have their own jobs to do.  If we asked here, my guess is 7 out of 10 would say that USCIS issues their visas.  This is why this information is important.  USCIS has never in its history issued a single visa.  USCIS does their job and hands off to NVC.  NVC does their job and hands off to the Bureau of Consular Affairs.  The Bureau of Consular Affairs does their job and if all goes well, they ask NVC to issue the visa.  

very well said @John & Rose 👍👍👍👍👍👍

10 minutes ago, gaski said:

the best thing that the OP can do is to go to uscis website and see what they must do..im talking here because of my experience in k1 and what i see during CO interview.😁😁

We have already been through a successful interview.  It was interesting listening to the dozens of interviews before us.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

We have already been through a successful interview.  It was interesting listening to the dozens of interviews before us.  

That is why im here in VJ's so i can share my experience to the newbies..but there is always some people who think they know things without experiencing it..sigh 

we should just help the OP and not making it hard for them to understand.

17 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I do want to apologize if I come off a little harsh.  We see this question so often and so few here actually understand the actual process.

Last year on this particular subject I was told that I gave the worst answer in the history of the internet.  That came from one of the moderators here.  It was a misunderstanding but we are all learning as we go.  The question of front loading comes back around every month and now that I am on my second petition I do unfortunately have more experience than most.  

Understanding how all the pieces fit together will help the less experienced get a feel for this process.  

Front loading is not always bad but it is not required in the petition.  Proof of ongoing relationship is important but not until the Consular stage.  

The CO does review the petition and they do ask for additional information if they have a question.  If they don't ask it is because they have seen enough.  They are VERY well trained and very professional.  Our K-1 had no chat logs and the CO did not ask for more.  The interview before its and after us was asked for chat logs.  The CO does their homework and a good original petition (quality over quantity) will help them greatly.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, gaski said:

also every k1 visa case is unique and it is so different with visitor visa..k1 visa have step by step procedure to follow maybe the same with visitor visa but i dunno..but we are talking about filling k1 visa in uscis here..so those k1 visa holder that has experience like me we just giving our advice,opinion and suggestion..some people here are expert to it so dont try to argue 😂😂✌️

I'm not trying to argue, we didn't send 28373 pages of chats, and I wouldn't advice anyone to do so, but I've read people saying that USCIS don't care about ongoing proof too... and then you can see RFEs asking for more evidence of ongoing relationship. We sent A FEW things to complement our petition and because we thought it was required. The process is complicated itself but I do trust in other people experiences when doing research, specially people you know because are sharing same timeline and you get updated in every step, which is the case from a girl with a fiance in Tunisia who happened to have the worst interview last week and the CO refused to look at proof of ongoing relationship.

I'm not comparing the 2 visas (k1 and visitor) I have plenty of information of both, I'm just talking of those interview experiences I've read and the comment I get is "NOT POSSIBLE, THAT DIDNT HAPPEN"... well ok... 

Anyways, OP: follow the the form instructions, and gather proof of relationship for interview stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.