chi6488

Total Surprised processing speed

17 posts in this topic

Several things have happened this week.  I was notified by case tracker app that EAD card was being produeced and then a day later it was mailed.

Yesterday morning I got noticed also that my interview has been scheduled.

My submission for AOS, ead, and AP were submitted june 25th of this year.

I wonder why my paperwork has been so fast??

I am at a loss what evidence to produce for my interview.  She has not received EAD so she can't even drive or buy a car.  I plan to finance a car together once she can drive.  Health insurance is paid by me through group plan.  Our agreement before marriage was I can take care of pretty much everything.  She only has to pay for her car, clothes, make up and stuff.  Her money is basically spending money.  I have also added her as beneficiary for my life insurance policies, retirement accounts, and beneficiaries for my savings accounts.  Florida law when I die all my possessions passes to spouse unless I set up a will to give it to one of my kids.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Doesn’t really seem like you are asking a question.

Regardless congrats on the quick processing time and Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

Doesn’t really seem like you are asking a question.

Regardless congrats on the quick processing time and Good Luck!

Sorry,

Typing all this at work.  I would appreciate any other suggestions for evidence.  We do not have any financial ties since the mortgage is in my name and I cannot add her.  No credit cards because she has no credit.  UNtil we get the car loan we do not have financial ties.  We opened a checking account together but we were not using it so I closed it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

add her on bank accounts, credit cards. you should still have a will even if by law she gets your estate, its fairly irresponsible not to, imo.

its good that you have her on the other things.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, chi6488 said:

Sorry,

Typing all this at work.  I would appreciate any other suggestions for evidence.  We do not have any financial ties since the mortgage is in my name and I cannot add her.  No credit cards because she has no credit.  UNtil we get the car loan we do not have financial ties.  We opened a checking account together but we were not using it so I closed it.

Adjusting from a K1 does not usually lead to a lot of evidence of commingling of a marriage.  In reality, you only need the marriage certificate.  Regardless, you can only take what you have.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our interview was scheduled shockingly fast as well!  Now we are hurrying to gather additional evidence of financial ties.  I added my wife to our electric bill and Verizon bill and have stopped auto-paying some bills so she can write checks to pay them from our joint checking account.  We'll bring cancelled check images along with the checking, electric, and Verizon statements.

Jason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

There’s no reason you can’t have a joint checking accoUnt or have her added as a joint user for credit card. Submit photos as well.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
5 hours ago, chi6488 said:

I would appreciate any other suggestions for evidence.  We do not have any financial ties since the mortgage is in my name and I cannot add her.  No credit cards because she has no credit.  UNtil we get the car loan we do not have financial ties.  We opened a checking account together but we were not using it so I closed it.

4 hours ago, JasonGG said:

Our interview was scheduled shockingly fast as well!  Now we are hurrying to gather additional evidence of financial ties.  I added my wife to our electric bill and Verizon bill and have stopped auto-paying some bills so she can write checks to pay them from our joint checking account.  We'll bring cancelled check images along with the checking, electric, and Verizon statements.

Don't sweat it; USCIS knows that newlyweds usually don't have much evidence. In fact, that is the reason for Removal of Conditions (ROC) for GCs approved before the 2 year wedding anniversary. And most ROCs are approved.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Sorry,

Make her an authorized user of your credit card, this will also help her build credit

I hope they ask a lot about our sex life.  Interview would be a breeze  LOL

I hope it's not because it's virtually non-existent!  hahahaha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

You don’t really need more than that for aos interview for a K1 to be honest. Everything you mentioned is more than enough. Just be present at the interview and you should be fine. Some USCIS offices are faster than others. Doesn’t really mean anything special. 

9 hours ago, chi6488 said:

I hope they ask a lot about our sex life.  Interview would be a breeze  LOL

Not trying to sound prudish, but, IMO this really isn’t the place to discuss your intimate life. I’m sure there are other forums on different sites for that. Anyway, congratulations!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Not trying to sound prudish, but, IMO this really isn’t the place to discuss your intimate life. I’m sure there are other forums on different sites for that. Anyway, congratulations!  

That does sound prudish! It was a light hearted comment nothing graphic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
12 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Not trying to sound prudish, but, IMO this really isn’t the place to discuss your intimate life. I’m sure there are other forums on different sites for that.

3f163d957b040713e42bbb40ab0df52a8e42dc4c:jest:

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.