Paa Qwesi

Case Expediting.

31 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Paa Qwesi said:

I have read people talking about expediting their case to facilitate the process. Can anyone help me with how to do that? The wait is crazy

People expedite for specific reasons detailed by USCIS. Not simply because they don't like the wait. Expedites are granted for emergencies and other advent criteria. See below.

If you have a legitimate reason to expedite then you can request it with the evidence supporting your claim.

Also, you should be aware that expedites are not often approved.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.

For more, see our Policy Manual.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like above, certain criteria needs to be met for expedites. Few are approved really though. Just wanting to "speed up the wait time" isn't one of them though.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

33 minutes ago, Paa Qwesi said:

I have read people talking about expediting their case to facilitate the process. Can anyone help me with how to do that? The wait is crazy

You can not just expedite because the processing time is to long. You need to have a valid reason for expediting it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

You call uscis and make an expedite request under one of the criteria mentioned to you by @NuestraUnion, then they review it and either say no or ask for supporting documents via fax.

Its not not easy to be approved.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes the waiting is hard but you need to spend this time preparing for your interview

Ghana is a hard embassy and there are chances you will not be approved

read your portal here and embassy reviews

take all the time now to know every little and big thing about the USC

you can never know enough for high fraud embassies

we were 6 years to get a visa and i made 5 trips all over a mont (2 were for 3 months)

you need to be able to show quality face time together 

good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

many people try, few succeed. there are very few reasons to be allowed to and a long wait is not one of them. nor is pregnancy. nor are most medical issues. or death. or travel. or you miss your partner.

wait like everyone else.

and ghana is not going to expedite for ANYTHING.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you need to create a timetable here

the VJ community can best advise you when they can see a timetable 

we hope you did not marry on the first meeting

your situation and the more facts we know here allow us  to guide u in the  process

Ghana is not easy embassy 

also you say Texas Service Center for a CR1????

http://bccvisalaw.com/processingtx.php

according to what i  see on this site Texas serves K1 financee visa

i hope if you are not married yet you did not enclose photos that would appear to be wedding photos 

no one here can advise on the limited and misinformation you present here

the VJ community is here  to help 

so do a timeline and more information and we will help

also follow the Ghana portal from home page and read embassy reviews to know what u are getting into for your interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good luck with that.......this process take a lot of patience....take this time to get ur mind right for that interview like my husband is....u cannot expedite because of the wait...wont happen 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Like above, certain criteria needs to be met for expedites. Few are approved really though. Just wanting to "speed up the wait time" isn't one of them though.

Don't worry bro. but thanks for your responds anyway. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

yes the waiting is hard but you need to spend this time preparing for your interview

Ghana is a hard embassy and there are chances you will not be approved

read your portal here and embassy reviews

take all the time now to know every little and big thing about the USC

you can never know enough for high fraud embassies

we were 6 years to get a visa and i made 5 trips all over a mont (2 were for 3 months)

you need to be able to show quality face time together 

good luck

Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

many people try, few succeed. there are very few reasons to be allowed to and a long wait is not one of them. nor is pregnancy. nor are most medical issues. or death. or travel. or you miss your partner.

wait like everyone else.

and ghana is not going to expedite for ANYTHING.

Don't worry,  I only needed an education on what it means to Expedite. I read and now I know. Thanks

1 hour ago, kris&me said:

i hope if you are not married yet you did not enclose photos that would appear to be wedding photos 

Ridiculously false. Texas serves CR1s as well. We did our CR1 through TSC as have many others on this board. I don't know if this poster is married or not, but if they are and they are doing CR1 through TSC they absolutely should enclose wedding photos. I agree with you that the poster needs to give more information so we can help, but we should not be scaring them out of doing what might be the right thing before we know. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

If expediting "because of I am too tired to wait" was possible, everyone would expedite, and then you will need to expedite your expedite. Get it? So calm and wait like others. If you believe you have absolutely severe emergency situation, you can try to request an expedite, but something is telling me that you don't have it.

2 hours ago, kris&me said:

That chart is from 2008 (not 2018). It's wayyyyy out of date.

I-129Fs for a K-1 are handled by CSC.

I-130s for a CR-1/IR-1 are handled at numerous service centers, including TSC (even CSC, butg usually only in the case of the petitioner becoming a USC after filing).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.