2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

so it is 6:30a...i literally just got a text from uscis...my heart started pounding...so i go to check my case...and boom...an RFE!!! 😲...i just knew going through rapid visa that everything would be just right...and i was expecting a straight approval...i don't know what it is asking for i have to wait to receive letter...but i want to know what is normal waiting time once RFE is received to uscis??? 😢😢😢...thx in advance...i feel so sad...but then again action has been taken so atleast that has happened...i guess.

Also, I know it won't help but you should do a complaint on the Better Business  Bureau's website about Rapid Visa when you find out what the RFE is.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

8 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Also, I know it won't help but you should do a complaint on the Better Business  Bureau's website about Rapid Visa when you find out what the RFE is.

i plan to do something...i called them and asked them how often their clients gets RFEs...she said rately as they got through a great amount of reviews...i said oh really...why i got one?...she stuttered and changed up her response a bit...but i plan to cancel and request funds back...but i just need to know what is needed to do after approval and interviews and visa in hand...for green card and workers permit...and cost...because they (rapid visa) was going to help me with all that...i was gonna ask @Greenbaum for his input on those things...but he feels i had an attitude in response to him...so he wrote me off lol.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

i plan to do something...i called them and asked them how often their clients gets RFEs...she said rately as they got through a great amount of reviews...i said oh really...why i got one?...she stuttered and changed up her response a bit...but i plan to cancel and request funds back...but i just need to know what is needed to do after approval and interviews and visa in hand...for green card and workers permit...and cost...because they (rapid visa) was going to help me with all that...i was gonna ask @Greenbaum for his input on those things...but he feels i had an attitude in response to him...so he wrote me off lol.

You can call the USCIS ask to speak with a Tier 2 Rep and have them read you your RFE.

12 hours ago, Mark and Rosa said:

Congratulation on your approval. So happy for all of you who got their approval 😊. I'm getting anxious and excited to get our approval too. Wish us luck. Noa1 received date: August 22 and notice date: August 27.

Oh nice! We have the same dates, so I hope we'll hear something around the same time then! Best of luck! :D

26 minutes ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

oh ok cool thx...i will try that now.

42 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

You can call the USCIS ask to speak with a Tier 2 Rep and have them read you your RFE.

rep said it was too soon...it was printed yesterday and give til friday to post to system...so i will call back friday...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

Unfortunately, this is something I've seen with RapidVisa again and again and again... They are not lawyers, they are document filing service, they really have no "skin" in the game, and in most cases they don't have to worry about repeat business. I would love to see actual statistics of people getting RFE who used them vs the ones who didn't. 

Very common RFEs I saw in my time on this forums (last 6 months or so) are

• Prove online dating place you've met is not IMBRA. This also includes forgetting to check IMB checkbox on 129F
  • We need 2 letters of intentions, instead of one signed by 2 people.
  • Document is too blurry/not eligible
  • Divorce decree is not "final" form that they expect. 

I assume you are filing for Ghana, you might try contacting for your future Packet 3 information. Unfortunately it seem US Embassy in Ghana official website is rather empty. Good luck, hope you hear something soon!

13 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Unfortunately, this is something I've seen with RapidVisa again and again and again... They are not lawyers, they are document filing service, they really have no "skin" in the game, and in most cases they don't have to worry about repeat business. I would love to see actual statistics of people getting RFE who used them vs the ones who didn't. 

Very common RFEs I saw in my time on this forums (last 6 months or so) are

• Prove online dating place you've met is not IMBRA. This also includes forgetting to check IMB checkbox on 129F
  • We need 2 letters of intentions, instead of one signed by 2 people.
  • Document is too blurry/not eligible
  • Divorce decree is not "final" form that they expect. 

I assume you are filing for Ghana, you might try contacting for your future Packet 3 information. Unfortunately it seem US Embassy in Ghana official website is rather empty. Good luck, hope you hear something soon!

what is p3?...and how can i request?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

P3 or "packet 3" is an informal name used here for the first communication from the embassy/consulate to the beneficiary. Your consulate may or may not have one.

Edited by DaveAndAnastasia
fix mixup
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

You are familiar with NOA1 and NOA2 already. Packet 3 or P3 is apparently what SOME (but not all!) embassies sent to your beneficiary outlying exact requirements they need to fulfill before the interview. Basics of are are same, fill out DS-160, security report, I-134, but specifics can and do vary some, like when and how you suppose to get your medical done, what is accepted as proof on income along with form I-134 etc. If you read the thread I linked, someone from Ghana offered to sent their P3 (Packet 3) information so other people from same country can get some head start. Hope this helps.

Edited by Shiran

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

i did not ask for a FOR SURE date on when i could receive a response...i understand that no one can give me an exact date...that is why i just asked for NORMAL time frame...

thanx for answering my question (of about 12 weeks...sooner or later) that was all i was looking for.

You will rec very soon i am sure in two weeks normally it dont take much time. You are lucky you have some action on your case we dont have anything yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.