Soonish

DENIAL AFTER 7+ MONTHS?! WHAT THE HELL.

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 10:20 PM, geowrian said:

Photos would show you together, but putting a verifiable date on a photo is the issue. Photos are generally considered secondary evidence of meeting in person within the 2 years. Primary evidence such as the passport stamps,, boarding passes, receipts, etc. put a date and location together.

The letter of intent to marry has nothing to do with the 2 year meeting requirement. It's a separate requirement being addressed.

I only sent a 2 photos of us together with the I-129F, and I don't think either of them were necessary since the primary evidence provided was more than sufficient for showing the 2 year meeting requirement (and frontloading wasn't needed for my now-wife's embassy).

The point of my post was that all of the evidence I mentioned should be included to submit a complete package and hopefully avoid any RFE.  This is not my first time at this and I know what I'm doing, never got an RFE .

04/10/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/12/18  - USCIS received I-129F 

04/17/18 -  NOA1 approval date on hardcopy

10/10/18 - NOA2 approval date on hardcopy

11/08/18 - NVC case received

11/09/18 - NVC case # 

11/27/18 - Left NVC  ✈️✈️

12/02/18 - Algiers consulate received

12/06/18 - READY

12/08/18 - Received Packet 3/4

12/12/18 - Medical  

01/14/19 -  Interview  (221g for extra doc, sent next day back to embassy, AP for 15 days)

01/30/19 - CEAC changed  to Non-Immigrant, email from Embassy said now approved

02/03/19  -  ISSUED - Visa in hand same day  :thumbs:

02/13/19 -  Arrived in US :goofy:

03/04/2019  -  Married  🤵👰❤️

04/16/2019  -  Sent AOS packet

05/22/2019. -  Bio fingerprints

06/25/2019. - Case ready for interview

09/23/2019. - EAD approved

09/27/2019  - EAD card received

9 hours ago, JuniorMints said:

The point of my post was that all of the evidence I mentioned should be included to submit a complete package and hopefully avoid any RFE.  This is not my first time at this and I know what I'm doing, never got an RFE .

The point of my post was that photos usually do not have a way to verify the date.

I have received an RFE (although not for anything related to this). Doesn't mean any package was better prepared than another. ;)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 7:20 PM, geowrian said:

Photos would show you together, but putting a verifiable date on a photo is the issue. Photos are generally considered secondary evidence of meeting in person within the 2 years. Primary evidence such as the passport stamps,, boarding passes, receipts, etc. put a date and location together.

The letter of intent to marry has nothing to do with the 2 year meeting requirement. It's a separate requirement being addressed.

I only sent a 2 photos of us together with the I-129F, and I don't think either of them were necessary since the primary evidence provided was more than sufficient for showing the 2 year meeting requirement (and frontloading wasn't needed for my now-wife's embassy).

While photos don’t tell what time or date they were taken, they do illustrate a story. They say you put some effort into the petition and that you and your fiancée have done many things together. I sent 10 photos, I wasn’t going to risk an RFE with just 2 photos 

But I agree the airplane tickets, passport stamps, etc. are more important because it’s irrefutable evidence of meeting within the 2 year time frame

Edited by Rocko20

14 hours ago, Limey said:

We had a photo from a tourist attraction we visited in the US - one of those ones that prints graphics and a date on the photo. Didn't think about it when she bought it, but we submitted it as evidence of our meeting along with the passport stamps etc.

Some photos can be dated based on what is in them (eg if you can show you're at a sporting event, eg superbowl, and you manage to get stadium and evidence of who is playing in the photo, etc). Similarly last year we were at Niagara Falls and there was a big sculpture of numbers 150 at the top of the falls (it was Canada's 150th anniversary year). A photo in front of something like that with a note of explanation can help prove dates. Parliament ("Big Ben") is currently covered in scaffolding for the past year or so - again, a picture in front of that with a news item about the renovation would help to prove date.

I guess you could always take a tip from kidnappers and pose with a copy of the day's newspaper.

My wife and I took a photo of ourselves holding up the Philippine newspaper which clearly showed the date.  Just a suggestion.

Because your fiancé is ex-military, he is eligible to use USCIS military phone number (877) 247-4645. Their representatives may be more helpful.

I strongly suggest to contact your local member of U.S. House of Representatives or Senator. This way you will receive the complete answer to your question if USCIS cannot/not willing to provide you the correct and complete response.

Ombudsman is a last resort. Before contacting Ombudsman you have to contact USCIS and Representative or Senator. Ombudsman's response take a very long time.

Also, as an option, you can get married in UK and apply under spouse CR1/IR1 visa.

I totally understand your frustration with USCIS processing delay, however, DO NOT GIVE UP!👆

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kiolas said:

Ombudsman is a last resort. Before contacting Ombudsman you have to contact USCIS and Representative or Senator. Ombudsman's response take a very long time.

Actually a number of us on VJ have received quick responses from the Ombudsman when we've had to contact them. Think it totally depends on the situation... 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions and words of encouragement everyone.

I think, by the looks of it, many people have many different experiences with their applications and what worked for them. Aslong as you all got to finally be with your love then it all worked out either way! ❤️

We are still waiting to get any response at all in writing from them, still just going by the last phone conversation. They have two days to respond to the Out of processing request. I’ll be surprised if they respond at all and I imagine we will have to chase them AGAIN and I have a nasty feeling we will then get one of those BS “we will let you know in (another) 45 days” responses that I have seen other people receive. All I’ve  wanted to do is give them the information they need, why is it so difficult?

Day 224 today. 😞

Edit - typo

Edited by ALGS

event.png

NOA 1: 26 Dec 2017

RFE 22 August 2018

NOA 2: 08 September 2018

Medical: 16 October 2018

Interview: 22 October 2018

Visa in Hand: 2 November 2018 

POE: 10 November 2018 - Baltimore

Wedding:  :wub: :

Distance is no demon,

Often I think it can be a blessing for those in love,

a silent, underappreciated blessing.

It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:06 PM, ALGS said:

I think, by the looks of it, many people have many different experiences with their applications and what worked for them. Aslong as you all got to finally be with your love then it all worked out either way! ❤️

We are still waiting to get any response at all in writing from them, still just going by the last phone conversation. They have two days to respond to the Out of processing request. I’ll be surprised if they respond at all and I imagine we will have to chase them AGAIN and I have a nasty feeling we will then get one of those BS “we will let you know in (another) 45 days” responses that I have seen other people receive. All I’ve  wanted to do is give them the information they need, why is it so difficult?

Day 224 today. 😞

Edit - typo

Oh wow. Just followed your thread. So sorry. Gutted for you babe.

Our whole pack got send back 30 days after Our initial submission. Hubby put the wrong fee on the cheque. We got a chance to send it back with a new cheque. I know it’s a different situation, but I can relate to the feeling of disappointment . 

I hope you got to appeal or refile or something. 

Xo

Filed: Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, ALGS said:

Day 224 today. 😞

Edit - typo

I am curious too as to what happened.

Its also very odd that you stated the phone rep told you a NOID was going to be sent however it was not printed or sent? That makes no sense.

The phone reps are not immigration officers. All they can do is access limited case information. Your case status should most likely be either processing or NOID sent. I do not believe there is a category for Officer intends to deny but hasnt gotten to it yet.

If a notice was generated and you havent gotten it in 30 days they will fax you a copy of it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.