Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

Thank you!!! where do you download it from? please send me the link.

Here is the US DOS DS-160 Instruction page which includes the link to the online DS-160 form.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

Before beginning, I recommend reviewing the following official DS-160 resources:

1) How to complete the DS-160 application;  https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/Common/Instructions.aspx

2) A sample form can be reviewed here:  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/DS-160_Example.pdf

3) The DS-160 FAQ has many answers to  common questions:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

Read instructions carefully.  Best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited. I received my case & invoice numbers today. However, I am clueless as to what the next step should be.

I am currently in Nigeria at the moment visiting my fiance. Is there something I should be doing while I am here.

We are both praying that my fiance gets an interview date before I return to the States.

What can I do at this point to get the ball rolling fast?

Pls help...🙏🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nairus said:

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited. I received my case & invoice numbers today. However, I am clueless as to what the next step should be.

I am currently in Nigeria at the moment visiting my fiance. Is there something I should be doing while I am here.

We are both praying that my fiance gets an interview date before I return to the States.

Pls help...🙏🙏🙏🙏

This will give you a general idea of what you should be preparing for:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#5

Timeline

How do I schedule a date for the interview in Nigeria?

Should I schedule the interview now?

How soon should I schedule the medical exam and obtain a police report?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nairus said:

How do I schedule a date for the interview in Nigeria?

Should I schedule the interview now?

How soon should I schedule the medical exam and obtain a police report?

Unfortunately most of us paying attention to this thread are likely not to have specific information to Nigeria/Lagos Embassy, but I do have the following suggestions...

I recommend that you review (and possibly repost this question) in the Africa Sub-fourm where there are VJ members who may be familiar with the specific demands/requirements of the Embassy in Nigeria.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

Using the VJ search tool may also reveal previous discusions relevant to your questions.

The official K1 page for the Nigerian embassy can be found here which may help answer these questions as well.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

Hope that helps at least a little...

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Nairus said:

Hello Everyone,

Pls help...🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hi @Nairus . Congratulations!

Go throught the 1st couple of pages of the following thread.

Also check this thread: 

I hope it helps! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,I have a question...I tried creating a profile on ustraveldocs...to register my document delivery address.but on the checklist for Frankfurt I saw that I have to send back the confirmation page from the registration with the packet 3.the thing is I didn’t see any confirmation page..how do I solve this??..I’m confused.help pls..thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day,

I'm new to this thread. MY case got approved July 13th and was sent to NVC ON July 20TH.

I'm super EXCITED LOL... JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTION.

Does anyone have a general idea as to how long it takes for NVC to receive my case from USCIS ?

How long does it take NVC to schedule an interview after you pay the fees?

Also..

Anyone from Jamaica can give an estimated time as to how long it took NVC to schedule their interview?

would be really helpful 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nairus said:

Hello Everyone,

Pls help...🙏🙏🙏🙏

you can start getting your police report ready. fill out the ds-160. NVC delays the process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Aww thank you sweetheart. It was no trouble at all. In this VJ community you give as much as you receive. I'm glad to share my knowledge with people.

Oh how awesome!! That is absolutely right. You have given so much to us all! Green Baum too and few others. I’m going no where my love. I’m flying the Netherlands flag high!! 🇳🇱 

Super awesome you have your medical soon!! Bet you will slay through everyone before us!!!!!! So happy for you. Had terrible morning but here to stay love. Right behind you!!! 

Jon ❤️

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, currently trying to fill up this DS-160 they ask at some point US tax number. 

I was an aupair for 2years so I had to pay tax. But I did not qualify for tax return. Does anyone know if I have to find out what is my tax number or if I put “does not apply” it would be fine ?

also they ask national identification number can’t figure out if this apply for my country 🤔

Hi guys. Ive read a lot of posts about calling NVC for their case number. Can anybody suggest what is the best time to call NVC? My fiance is in California and has been calling them and he been on hold like forever.😣😣😣. Its been 2 weeks for us and we are just itching to get our case number

Edited by map143

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
12 minutes ago, map143 said:

Hi guys. Ive read a lot of posts about calling NVC for their case number. Can anybody suggest what is the best time to call NVC? My fiance is in California and has been calling them and he been on hold like forever.😣😣😣. Its been 2 weeks for us and we are just itching to get our case number

Best time is between 5 and 6 eastern time. My fiancee only had to wait 5 minutes.

I called between 12 and 4 a couple times and waited at least 20 minutes on each try

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
35 minutes ago, map143 said:

Below are some good tips on calling NVC - I just hung up with them a few minutes ago after getting my case number . I waited about 20 minutes to get someone.

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

49 minutes ago, map143 said:

I'm in the Pacific time zone too and I only had to wait a few mins when I called after 5pm my time

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.