Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nairus said:

Hello All,

We got our NO2 on July 3rd, and we have been calling since that day to get a case number and etc... 

I pray the NVC process will be much faster than the NO2 waiting game.

Regardless, I wish everyone here a positive response with visas.

I have recommend and continue to do so that once the NOA2 is issued then wait 10-14 business days and begin calling.  Calling any earlier is fruitless. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I'll take your advice, and spend my time wisely. Instead of calling, I will start getting my packet 3 ready.

Can someone pls send a link of how to get the packet 3 ready? 

Thanks

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Nairus said:

Thanks everyone. I'll take your advice, and spend my time wisely. Instead of calling, I will start getting my packet 3 ready.

Thanks

1. Lagos Consulate does not sent packet 3. go here for instructions http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html#k1k2 and here for interview prep kit that's basically your Packet 3 http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

2. Form I-134 and info about visa fees, medicals, police report etc.

3. yes you need to schedule you interview,

4. you can schedule it when your docs are en route to Lagos from NVC just make sure you have enough time to do your medicals and police report in between.

5. you pay at GT bank and keep your receipt and take it to your interview

6. it depends that's Naija but take like 5000 just in case

7. Not for K1

over all the embassy website is a very good place to get all the info you need.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Deehotstepper said:

1. Lagos Consulate does not sent packet 3. go here for instructions http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html#k1k2 and here for interview prep kit that's basically your Packet 3 http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

2. Form I-134 and info about visa fees, medicals, police report etc.

3. yes you need to schedule you interview,

4. you can schedule it when your docs are en route to Lagos from NVC just make sure you have enough time to do your medicals and police report in between.

5. you pay at GT bank and keep your receipt and take it to your interview

6. it depends that's Naija but take like 5000 just in case

7. Not for K1

over all the embassy website is a very good place to get all the info you need.

@Greenbaum damn you are so smart and helpfl. I was waiting to get home to come and help respond to him but you gat it already. thank you for all you do. I was going to emphasize allowing time to mae sure of the medical.

2 hours ago, Nairus said:

Thanks

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/LGS_Lagos.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thanks guys. Your links have been so helpful. In general, this forum has been the best. I have gained alot of useful information on this platform since I joined.

My fiance is in Nairobi, and I, in the States. I guess once I hear back from NVC with a case number and all...he needs to start planning on going back to Nigeria for his medical check up and police report.

At what point do I schedule the interview in Nigeria???

Sorry for all the questions🙏 

We got our NOA2 on Monday (July 9th), and I'm planning to call NVC next Wednesday or so. In the mean time, what should we be getting ready? I did a ton of reading and was so clear about the process when we were assembling our i129f back in December, and now that we're through the long wait I'm clueless again- haha! I guess it's time to wade back into the Canada-specific forums etc...

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Specific questions: Is there any reason why I can't start my DS-160 right away? And if I get police certificates now will they still be valid by the time I go to my interview several months from now? Also - if I'm living in Canada right now, where can I apply to get a US police certificate, or do I even need one? I lived in the US as a student from 2008-2016. Thanks! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
43 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

Specific questions: Is there any reason why I can't start my DS-160 right away? And if I get police certificates now will they still be valid by the time I go to my interview several months from now? Also - if I'm living in Canada right now, where can I apply to get a US police certificate, or do I even need one? I lived in the US as a student from 2008-2016. Thanks! 

1) You can start your DS-160.   The site will keep it "alive" for 30 days, and the 30 days will be renewed each time you access it.   It is also possible to download the semi-completed form and upload it back at a later date.   But it is probably best not to submit it too soon (in case information changes because once it is submitted, changes can not be made).  I suggest waiting for your NVC case number before submission.

2) You can start to request your police certificates now.  The DOS (Department of State) will consider them valid as long as they are less than 12 months old.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/RGA - Riga.pdf

3) Apparently a police certificate is not necessary from the US.  See this thread...  

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/510066-police-certificate-from-the-us/

Also see:

"Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Anyone have any experience with the U.S. consulate in Amsterdam, Netherlands?

Q: Am I correct in assuming that once I have the NVC number I can go ahead and schedule a medical? Even though my case is not yet at the consulate.

Q: do I need to fill out the DS-3025 or does the dr. do this at the medical?

I understand the consulate sends you a letter requesting your DS160 and copy of your passport. After you send that back you wait 7 to 10 days till you can book the interview.

Q: do I need to wait till I get the embassy letter before sending the DS160+passport?

Q: is it correct that it takes 10 to 14 days for the passport to be returned after the interview?

This is my list of things I have ready so far. Anything I missed?

- DS-160 form (filled out)

- copy passport

- Police Certificate (application pending)

- DS-3025 form/medical (done at medical?)

- One set of copies of the entire I-129f package incl moneyorder

- A copy of NOA 1 and NOA 2 (pending arrval of paper noa2)

- Intention to Marry Within 90 Days of Entry

- Evidence of ongoing relationship

Also, on a side note. Apparently I've been misinformed about the price (or I didn't read it right). I had always assumed it was €270 cause that's the fee I saw listed everywhere. I also saw a €210 and €60 fee mentioned for the medical, but that adds up to 270 so it didn't register. Apparently its €270 for the interview and €210 + €60 for the medical. That's twice what I had counted on. Not a big deal, I have the money. Just a bummer.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

@Little_Vixen So you already put in the application for your Netherlands police certificate?  Just asking because I was always under the assumption that they want the most up to date one possible, so I wanted to wait after the embassy gets my application, but if two or three months before the interview is enough, I sure as hell wanna go get my certficate and have one less thing I have to get done :D

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

@Greenbaum :help:You seem to be the "go-to" for P3 questions. I've looked through the portals, forums, etc. for the Nairobi consulate (Uganda doesn't process K-1's) and I can't find a consistent summary of what is required and included in P3. In fact, I've seen some contradicting info out there. And the official Kenya embassy website is useless until you have received communication from them. Have you by chance been provided with the P3 email/instructions for Nairobi that you can send along?

Thanks in advance! And thanks for all your other wisdom shared on here!! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I feel like asking if there are any United Kingdom filers? I know the full UK process from this stage LITERALLY inside out but it’s interesting to know that if anyone else is from the U.K? ☺️

Edited by jakejon

31 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I feel like asking if there are any United Kingdom filers? I know the full UK process from this stage LITERALLY inside out but it’s interesting to know that if anyone else is from the U.K? ☺️

My fiance is in the UK! He's basically been prepping for this moment for the last 2 and a half years ^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.