Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
57 minutes ago, LoveBird said:

Hello everyone!

We got our NOA2 today July 9th after 207 days.  I'm so excited to be waiting for something else now (I mean it)!

Congratulations!

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

5 hours ago, jakejon said:

Hi guys, so we got notified on new system on 07/07 that we were approved on 07/03. Not sure if new system was having issues updating as it took 4 days to update. 

However according to our informed delivery (our approval letter is due for delivery today) it shows we were actually approved on 07/02 and not 07/03.

Do you think there’s a possibility we may get our case number next week? Was thinking of maybe trying next Wednesday? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jon 🍀

I'm guessing that it will the end of July. Even then that's a BIG IF! USCIS is taking 2-4 weeks to get to NVC and NVC is taking another 2 weeks begore they issue your case number and then another 2 weeks to the Embassy. Of course your mileage may differ.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
26 minutes ago, kokokrunch said:

Hi! we've got approved today after 214 long days. Finally :)

Congratulations!

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

I emailed the Embassy in Belgrade asking if I could recieve instructions on their stage of the process (hoping they would maybe send me the packet 3 checklist) but they just replied with saying that I should recieve something from them once my petition reaches them

@Greenbaum  do you know if there is a checklist for Belgrade embassy here on VJ?

event.png

event.png

event.png

1 hour ago, NIkandDonnie said:

I emailed the Embassy in Belgrade asking if I could recieve instructions on their stage of the process (hoping they would maybe send me the packet 3 checklist) but they just replied with saying that I should recieve something from them once my petition reaches them

@Greenbaum  do you know if there is a checklist for Belgrade embassy here on VJ?

I don't have the P3 instructions for your Embassy. If and when you get a copy if you could share with me then I would be able to share with others who come behind you.  Here are a few things that I did find the can be used as a primer.

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't have the P3 instructions for your Embassy. If and when you get a copy if you could share with me then I would be able to share with others who come behind you.  Here are a few things that I did find the can be used as a primer.

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

@Greenbaum do you have anything similar for Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam? Thanks in advance for any help. 

Hello.

Just to share my experience. Received NOA2 in the mail yesterday. NOA date is July 5, 2018.  However I checked on the USCIS website and they still haven't update my case status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For those of us who now have just received approval of your I-129f petition , do we still have any use for the USCIS status pages:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. (old)

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov (new)

Will they update as the petition moves through the NVC?

My understanding is they once we have our case number from the NVC, we will be mostly interested in tracking our progress here:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Is that correct?   Thank in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
39 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

For those of us who now have just received approval of your I-129f petition , do we still have any use for the USCIS status pages:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. (old)

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov (new)

Will they update as the petition moves through the NVC?

My understanding is they once we have our case number from the NVC, we will be mostly interested in tracking our progress here:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Is that correct?   Thank in advance!

Yes-
This is correct. Once USCIS transfers your case over to NVC, they no longer keep track of it.

Congratulations on your approval!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.