Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, conarroest said:

@Greenbaum do you have anything similar for Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam? Thanks in advance for any help. 

That's the P3 letter I am speaking of. I don't have that from your Embassy. Someone was kind enough to share the for Vietnam with me so I am able to share forward. You too can be a hero and shoot me off a copy once you receive yours. Thanks :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That's the P3 letter I am speaking of. I don't have that from your Embassy. Someone was kind enough to share the for Vietnam with me so I am able to share forward. You too can be a hero and shoot me off a copy once you receive yours. Thanks :thumbs:

Ok will do, so I should just wait for the case number then? Is there anything we should be doing now? 

10 minutes ago, conarroest said:

Ok will do, so I should just wait for the case number then? Is there anything we should be doing now? 

Visit these websites and read up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdCPXg9_vLnAfKJZ5gfPMW4-ST0RbRUh/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/required-documents/

Do an online service request to your Embassy. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (PK3). Usually you will not receive the PK3 in the mail. You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward.

From <http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/609335-interview-availability-for-ho-chi-minh-consulatepacket-3/>

Technically, you will need the Pk3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Visit these websites and read up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdCPXg9_vLnAfKJZ5gfPMW4-ST0RbRUh/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/required-documents/

Do an online service request to your Embassy. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (PK3). Usually you will not receive the PK3 in the mail. You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward.

From <http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/609335-interview-availability-for-ho-chi-minh-consulatepacket-3/>

Technically, you will need the Pk3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

We can do this all before we receive the case number from NVC or is the case number required to schedule the interview? 

2 hours ago, conarroest said:

We can do this all before we receive the case number from NVC or is the case number required to schedule the interview? 

Get the case number first. Then complete the DS-160, pay your fee and then schedule your interview BUT follow the Embassy instructions because every Embassy is different hence the reason I a referring you to your Embassy for further directions. Sorry, I don't know what is needed at every Embassy. I'll leave that work to you folks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Get the case number first. Then complete the DS-160, pay your fee and then schedule your interview BUT follow the Embassy instructions because every Embassy is different hence the reason I a referring you to your Embassy for further directions. Sorry, I don't know what is needed at every Embassy. I'll leave that work to you folks.

Ok I was confused before, I thought the previous post was specific to my embassy. When I receive the letter/email, I'll forward it along to you. 

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It was information for you. I looked a little harder and I found the information for Vietnam and I posted it above. Use it to get things rolling along for you guys. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

@Greenbaum you are amazing. Thank you for all the help you provide!

I had everything worked out for the next stage but being stuck waiting for the NOA2 for so long I have to re-read everything now to make sure I got it right, haha.

Working on filling out my D160 right now (do I need to upload a picture? does it need to be an official one or can I take one with my phone?) and trying to get the police certificate.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

4 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

@Greenbaum you are amazing. Thank you for all the help you provide!

I had everything worked out for the next stage but being stuck waiting for the NOA2 for so long I have to re-read everything now to make sure I got it right, haha.

Working on filling out my D160 right now (do I need to upload a picture? does it need to be an official one or can I take one with my phone?) and trying to get the police certificate.

To take the best ID Photo use one of the apps for iPhone and Android phones. Here are few of my recommendations.  ID PhotoPrint app on the iPhone and 5 Best Passport Photo Apps For Android To Print And Save Money

1. 5 Best Passport Photo apps for Android to print and save money.
  2. Passport ID Photo Maker Studio.
  3. Passport Size Photo Maker.
  4. ID Photo Free.
  5. Passport Photo Booth.
  6. Passport Photo ID Studio.

Passport Picture requirements from DOS:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Short of calling the NVC to ping for the BKN number (or waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail from the NVC), is there any better method to know when to call or retrieve the BKN and Invoice numbers?

The VJ K1 flowchart states the following:

"Two weeks after you receive the NOA2 you can contact the NVC to see if they have received your approved I-129F. You can contact them at 603 334-0700. Their homepage is here. Welcome to the US Department of State! Things move much faster now :)."   http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

I also understand that eventually the NVC will send a letter:

"The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

Short of calling the NVC to ping for the BKN number (or waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail from the NVC), is there any better method to know when to call or retrieve the BKN and Invoice numbers?

The VJ K1 flowchart states the following:

"Two weeks after you receive the NOA2 you can contact the NVC to see if they have received your approved I-129F. You can contact them at 603 334-0700. Their homepage is here. Welcome to the US Department of State! Things move much faster now :)."   http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

I also understand that eventually the NVC will send a letter:

"The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

The short answer is NO. Sorry but the tools you outline in your post are the only options. More Patience. :clock:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All,

We got our NO2 on July 3rd, and we have been calling since that day to get a case number and etc... 

I pray the NVC process will be much faster than the NO2 waiting game.

Regardless, I wish everyone here a positive response with visas.

I know I said I was going to start calling the NVC on the 23rd, but I've decided against calling them all together. Maybe it sounds crazy, but I have a few reasons:

1) Calling isn't going to make it move any faster out of there and to the embassy

2) I'm already a pretty impatient person. Being told "no, nothing's happened yet" would probably just make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

3) I work IT and I hate it when people call me or email me asking for an update, especially every day. Unless its actually a serious issue (which in my realm can be but rarely ever is since there is always a workaround), asking me everyday just makes me want to help less. I would be surprised if that feeling is limited to me

4) If I did call, I'd have a very short window of the day to do so since I wake up at 6am CST, and I get off work at 5pm CST. It takes me 30-45 minutes to drive home. I hang out with the fiance on skype until 8:15-9:00pm CST when we go to bed. As mentioned above, I work IT so probably 75% of my day is looking into issues and 25% is complaining that people don't actually know how to use a computer. It probably wouldn't work well if I had to tell the NVC "Sorry, can I put you on hold? I have to call someone and tell them that their software is broken. It will just take a second."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

1) Calling isn't going to make it move any faster out of there and to the embassy

Yes!   You (and I) can spend our time much for productively getting our Packet 3 documentation in order for the interview and fully understanding  what to do once we are notified of the BKN number from the NVC.    That being said, if you are well prepared, there are some tasks that can not be started until the BKN number is known, so there is possibly some value in having early access to it.  But in reality, the end result is the possibility of maybe shaving off a week from the total process time.

My packet 3 is complete pending a few tasks that will require the NVC Case Id.   Once I have the Case ID I can complete the remaining tasks in a day or two.   For the Bangkok Embassy, it is possible to "jump the gun" and request permission to send Packet 3 (before they send the Packet 3 Request notice) once the NVC states the case is "ready".  That can shave a week or more off the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.