15 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone!

In 2015 I was on an exchange student visa for 9 months in the U.S. After that I met my fiancé online, after she had visited me in my home country, Morocco a couple of times, I applied for a visitor visa last October to meet and spend Christmas with her family, unfortunatley my visa was denied even though I respect my previous exchange student visa. Last February we started the K-1 process in order to get married in the states. We are the same age, and we don't have significant differences except I am 6'3 and she is 5'3. 

How do you see our chances? considering Moroccans are not banned from entering the states but they are under vetting.

Thank you! 

Edited by Samiuniverse

It all depends on how strong your case is and how well you present the case. Morocco is a very difficult embassy to go through. So having plenty of time spent together, regular contact, etc. is important.

Are you the same religion (or lack of religion...to be inclusive ;))?

I suggest checking out the "Portals" link above and looking through the Morocco portal to help get a good understanding of others in similar positions.

Best wishes!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Hello,

My guess for the rejection of the B2 visa application is that you have a relationship with an american citizen, you've been to the U.S and know how good it is and maybe you didn't show strong ties to your home country, so maybe the officer assumed that you were intending to settle in the U.S after entering in a tourist visa.

But if you apply for a fiance visa with a strong case I don't see why you could be denied.

My suggestion would be that you do your research on the matter, make a strong case and apply with confidence and patience since this can take a while.

Anyway, good luck in your journey! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legal Permanent Residency                                                          EAD Expedite

01/31/2018 Entered the U.S (NYC)  w/ B2 Visa                             06/22/2018 EAD Expedite Requested 

05/04/2018 Married to U.S Citizen                                                 06/27/2018 EAD Expedite Request Assigned to Officer and a response was sent

05/11/2018 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox       07/06/2018 Received RFE letter in the mail regarding EAD Expedite Request 

05/14/2018 Priority Date                                                                 07/10/2018 Mailed supporting documents for EAD Expedite to NBC 

05/18/2018 NOA 1 (I-130; I-485; I-765; I-131)                                07/12/2018 Congressman's Office sent EAD Inquiry and supporting documents to USCIS 

05/25/2018 NOA 2 (Biometrics date)                                              07/16/2018 EAD/AP Approved and Combo Card in Production  (Day 25)                                           

06/14/2018 Biometrics Appointment                                               07/20/2018 Combo Card in Hand                                           

06/19/2018 Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview 

06/22/2018 EAD Expedite Requested                                                            Removal of Conditions

07/16/2018 EAD/AP Approved and Combo Card in Production             

07/20/2018 Combo Card in Hand                                                                    11/09/2020 Package sent via USPS

10/31/2018 Interview Was Scheduled                                                            11/12/2020 Package Delivered to USCIS AZ office

12/03/2018 Interview was Cancelled (USCIS Office closed)                      12/16/2020 Check was cashed

12/05/2018 Scheduled AOS Interview                                                           12/30/2020 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

01/23/2019 AOS Interview (Approved)                                                          08/26/2021 Case Was Approved, 10-year Card in Production

02/01/2019 Green Card in Hand.                    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United States Flaganimated Massachusetts flagParaguay Flag

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

K1 approvals have been low in Morocco over the past year, but to be fair a lot of cases in Morocco do have some red flags like a large age difference, only 1 brief visit, ect. Have either of you been married before? If you are both the same age, both never married and no kids, and have visited in person at least 2 times, I'd say your chances are pretty good. But overall its the CO that you'll need to convince, not any one here on VJ. Good luck!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, M+M said:

Hello! My fiance and I just went through the K-1 process through the Moroccan embassy and we were approved! A lot of the K-1 applications/timelines that I have been following and that have gone through the recent interview process have been approved. (4 out of 8). 

Just like geowrain said, the Moroccan embassy is a very difficult embassy to go through and it was very nerve racking. I know that is is benefical to have a relationship lasting longer than 1 year. They don't want to see a rushed relationship or engagement. In the end, if you have sufficient evidence of your time spent together and demonstration of sufficient contact will be helpful to your case. Feel free to messages me if you want more information.

6 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

K1 approvals have been low in Morocco over the past year, but to be fair a lot of cases in Morocco do have some red flags like a large age difference, only 1 brief visit, ect. Have either of you been married before? If you are both the same age, both never married and no kids, and have visited in person at least 2 times, I'd say your chances are pretty good. But overall its the CO that you'll need to convince, not any one here on VJ. Good luck!

Both of us never been married nor have kids, and now we are officially 2 years together and on our fourth visit. I just don't know what to expect since my visitor visa was denied out of nowhere. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

A visitor visa will almost always be denied to the usa. It's hard to get a visa here unless it's a reason (student,marraige,work, family). My fiance and i just went through  the k1 visa as well and were approved. As everyone mentioned, if you have a strong case then you will be fine, if you need any help just messgae us. We are more than happy to help. My fiance and i dated less than 1 year and we also met online (instagram), but we also have no red flags and have plenty proof of our genuine relationship. Wish you the best of luck. 

4 hours ago, Roel said:

K1 are almost always approved, unless you have some serious red flags/you're not single. If you meet basic requirements you should be fine.

You're also lucky. You have only 10 inches height difference. One more inch and that would be a serious red flag.

Well, 12 inches on that imperial measuring stick, but ya close :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Samiuniverse said:

Both of us never been married nor have kids, and now we are officially 2 years together and on our fourth visit. I just don't know what to expect since my visitor visa was denied out of nowhere. 

•  

I think your chances of being approved is really high...My husband and I also dealt with a difficult embassy and neither one of us have never been married, neither of us have kids, been to his country 4 times within the 2 years after our first meeting in March 2016 (Been together since 2014), and we have 10 year age gap between us but wouldn't be able to tell..However, we were approve..I think that and good, strong quality evidence will do the trick..Good luck on your journey!

13 hours ago, jskibo said:

Well, 12 inches on that imperial measuring stick, but ya close :)

I'm a centimetre peasant, I can't count inches too well lol. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Chances are if you are that much taller than her your visa will almost definitely be denied. I would suggest hiring an experienced lawyer and work on bridging the height gap. 

16 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

Chances are if you are that much taller than her your visa will almost definitely be denied. I would suggest hiring an experienced lawyer and work on bridging the height gap. 

If she attends interview get her to wear heels!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure we had to put our height on any of the K1 forms. I don't think its an issue.

Edited by Limey

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.