1,652 posts in this topic

New Card Is Being Produced!!! AOS DONE! Phew! That's 1yr9months of not having to deal with USCIS again. 

Do we need to repay the fee when we get the 10yr card? That would suck! 

Also, the health insurance thing was scraped for this year in most states. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, MarksMate said:

Mine was ready for interview since July 24th and I already have a date,  so only a day before yours and I am in the 2nd busiest office in the country so hopefully you get a date soon. Goodluck on the job hunt! I have found the best way to get a job here is to network! Meet people, be active on Linkedin. I made friends with my husbands manager 3 months before I got my EAD and when it came through I started work for them the same week. I recently switched to a different job that paid a bit more in a field I want to work in and I got that job through networking too, I am part of a community group here in our area and it just so happened that one of the members is a manager at a big international company and got me a interview, interview went well and I was offered the position. Network, network,network!! I am a whole lot less active on instagram than I used to be but when I do go I always go check your guys profile to see if anything exciting has happened for you two. Keep your head up girl, you got this! 

Hi.. @MarksMate

I reside in Peoria too. 

How's everything going with you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi so im in Seattle! I filed in June and I haven't gotten my GC and I AM getting nervous. When I called to get the info through the robot it said case cannot be found..... so that made my heart leap! Help

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone is having a good journey so far!

It's been 293 days since getting NOA and waiting to hear back from the Santa Ana field office... I hope transferring it to the San Bernardino office won't delay things further.

Thankfully I got a good job and a few other co-workers are also going through or have been through the same process so it's good to hear how things went for them too.

K1 Filed – 05/07/17

K1 NOA1 – N0A2 – 02/06/2018 (211 days)

K1 Interview – 04/11/18 – Approved

Visa in Hand – 05/03/18

POE – LAX – 05/16/2018

Married – 06/11/2018

AOS Filed – 06/18/2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just found out my interview was scheduled today! YAY! Had thought it would take till at least mid-summer based on the processing times. Though, I'd seen some fellow LA people who filed before me getting their interviews recently, which already led me to hope/believe that it could be sooner. Though, with USCIS you never know.... 

Now to wait for the letter and interview date!

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

6 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

Just found out my interview was scheduled today! YAY! Had thought it would take till at least mid-summer based on the processing times. Though, I'd seen some fellow LA people who filed before me getting their interviews recently, which already led me to hope/believe that it could be sooner. Though, with USCIS you never know.... 

Congrats! :dancing:

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 12:12 PM, Laura & Chris said:

Hi so im in Seattle! I filed in June and I haven't gotten my GC and I AM getting nervous. When I called to get the info through the robot it said case cannot be found..... so that made my heart leap! Help

That is their system. Kinda bad.

You can track your status on the two websites you might be familiar with already. If you want to hear it from the robot after a try it will offer a menu option to report that something wrong with your case and then after waiting some time for a human being they will tell your case status. I assume using the website....

I had the same stuff, but once the interview was scheduled the webpage updated (didn't check the phone) and didn't miss any notifications.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

Amazing news!! I've been seeing some movement for May applicants in LA but great to see June changes. Supper happy for you, congratulations!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ludovic UK said:

Amazing news!! I've been seeing some movement for May applicants in LA but great to see June changes. Supper happy for you, congratulations!!

Thanks!

Are you in the LA Group as well? There's not that many of us, but that's where I've been getting my info from. Am not too active on VJ anymore besides that page and a Dutch one. 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Thanks!

Are you in the LA Group as well? There's not that many of us, but that's where I've been getting my info from. Am not too active on VJ anymore besides that page and a Dutch one. 

Oh awesome, I'll have to check that group out :) 

Greetings, Im new to this forum and was getting a little concerned regarding my aos process. I see some of yall are already had interviews but my case status hasnt been updated since aug 6 when i finished my biometrics.  I updated my timeline for better understanding. I wonder if theres something wrong with our papers, so far no rfe or any update yet.

Few questions: 

1. Should i inquire about the status of my petition?

2. Am i within the processing time line?

3. Gona refile ead card soon, will i be able to keep my job while updated ead is procesing? ( i know the processing times are really long now)

Thank you so much for your help!

23 hours ago, Butziee said:

Greetings, Im new to this forum and was getting a little concerned regarding my aos process. I see some of yall are already had interviews but my case status hasnt been updated since aug 6 when i finished my biometrics.  I updated my timeline for better understanding. I wonder if theres something wrong with our papers, so far no rfe or any update yet.

Few questions: 

1. Should i inquire about the status of my petition?

2. Am i within the processing time line?

3. Gona refile ead card soon, will i be able to keep my job while updated ead is procesing? ( i know the processing times are really long now)

Thank you so much for your help!

Hey. If you have received initial EAD/AP and you have completed your biometrics then there's likely nothing wrong with your application.

1. If the answer to question #2 is no, then you can go ahead and inquire about your application status. If yes, then no you should not.

2. What city are you in/which city are you closest to? Generally speaking you're not outside of normal processing times, but it varies a little depending on field office. In Dallas TX, 50% of applications are completed by 18 months and 93% are completed by 22,5 months. In Dallas the current case receipt date for an inquiry is June 25th, 2017. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

3. If you receive EAD NOA1 for your renewal application before your current EAD expires, then yes you can keep your job for 6 more months which hopefully well covers the rest of the processing time. The NOA1 includes an automatic extension of EAD. AP is however not automatically extended.

h

7 minutes ago, LizM said:

Hey. If you have received initial EAD/AP and you have completed your biometrics then there's likely nothing wrong with your application.

1. If the answer to question #2 is no, then you can go ahead and inquire about your application status. If yes, then no you should not.

2. What city are you in/which city are you closest to? Generally speaking you're not outside of normal processing times, but it varies a little depending on field office. In Dallas TX, 50% of applications are completed by 18 months and 93% are completed by 22,5 months. In Dallas the current case receipt date for an inquiry is June 25th, 2017. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

3. If you receive EAD NOA1 for your renewal application before your current EAD expires, then yes you can keep your job for 6 more months which hopefully well covers the rest of the processing time. The NOA1 includes an automatic extension of EAD. AP is however not automatically extended.

Hello Liz!

Thank you for this information. I live in dallas tx so im assuming im way within normal processing time. I have a follow up to question 3. 

If the 6 months extension is still not enough time to cover the rest of the processing time, do i just re apply again ?

Getting paranoid and dont want to give up my current job if that happens..

thank you!

6 hours ago, Butziee said:

Hello Liz!

Thank you for this information. I live in dallas tx so im assuming im way within normal processing time. I have a follow up to question 3. 

If the 6 months extension is still not enough time to cover the rest of the processing time, do i just re apply again ?

Getting paranoid and dont want to give up my current job if that happens..

thank you!

No worries!

No, your renewal application still stands and there's no need to file again (don't forget to attach your AOS NOA1 with the renewal so you won't have to pay any additional fees). Long before your extension expires you should be able to either file an inquiry into your renewal case, or apply for an EAD expedite and cite severe financial loss to you (and possibly your employer) as a reason for the expedite. I might try to go the expedite route as soon as my current EAD has expired and if I still haven't received my renewal card, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Again, keep in mind that the AP is not automatically extended, and much harder to expedite (AP will not necessarily be expedited just because EAD is). 

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.