1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 8:15 AM, Swissmiss82 said:

i almost fell out last night when i received another update on the status of EAD 

where it says "picked up by the USPS" annnnd to top that: they give me a tracking number :D

i mean, from going from K1 visa still "case received" to getting a tracking number - it's been a journey!

so EAD will be delivered by monday :)

Congratulations @Swissmiss82  :)

I have received my EAD combo card on Saturday...!!

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

5 hours ago, kiwihurricane15 said:

I don't know about everybody else but I was seriously starting to go stir crazy waiting on this EAD to progress- how many times can I get coffee, go to the gym and play on my PlayStation. Lol. Also having to contend with my father in law who immigrated 30 years ago and was so optimistic and yet out of touch with today's immigration reality who said "don't worry you will get your green card in 2 months, it's easy, 1 2 3" lol :lol: he sure kept me laughing. My wife and I would almost eye roll in unison lol.

Very happy to say yesterday I checked my status and EAD card is in production and approval letters arrived for EAD/AP combo- I can finally stop being a bum. Lol. Well almost but it's on it's way soon. I filed in early June so for the rest of you waiting, its any day now!

I filed on May 30, still nothing :( 

11 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

I filed on May 30, still nothing :( 

Based on your timeline, this week you should get information, especially if no RFEs were sent!!Please keep us posted!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed June 1st.. no EAD... 

so excited for those who have movement 🎉

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

First off: congratulations to all of you for having taken the first step to becoming part of this great nation! 

I have petitioned for my wife on June 11th, she has gone for her fingerprints, but so far I see nothing :(

No updates to our case whatsoever. I understand we are within the time frame, but it is a little discouraging when i check and it's stuck in the same: "your case has been received".

It's going to be 4 months and nothing :(. I hope to share good news to you guys soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Please help. In my husband AOS interview letter it says to bring the vaccination paper in a sealed envelope. My husband vaccination is not sealed. They gave it back to him at interview cause it wasn't required for k1. We send a copy with the AOS package. So my question is , should I go to a civil doctor to have another vaccination or should I just bring what I have even if it's not sealed. For Those of you that have been to interview, have you been in this situation. 

16 hours ago, kiwihurricane15 said:

I don't know about everybody else but I was seriously starting to go stir crazy waiting on this EAD to progress- how many times can I get coffee, go to the gym and play on my PlayStation. Lol. Also having to contend with my father in law who immigrated 30 years ago and was so optimistic and yet out of touch with today's immigration reality who said "don't worry you will get your green card in 2 months, it's easy, 1 2 3" lol :lol: he sure kept me laughing. My wife and I would almost eye roll in unison lol.

Very happy to say yesterday I checked my status and EAD card is in production and approval letters arrived for EAD/AP combo- I can finally stop being a bum. Lol. Well almost but it's on it's way soon. I filed in early June so for the rest of you waiting, its any day now!

Congratulations!!!!

Yay! Seeing another kiwi get approved gives me hope that ours is soon. Day 109 today! 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

16 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Congratulations!!!!

Yay! Seeing another kiwi get approved gives me hope that ours is soon. Day 109 today! 

Haha thank you! Got confirmation it was mailed tonight- can’t wait to get a look at it.

I know you have been counting the days as much as me so I have faith within the next 7 days you will be onto the next phase. 😊🙌🇳🇿

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

small little update:

1) i got my EAD yesterday!!!! only issue: "country of birth" unknown! 

so i called USCIS and a tier 2 called me back today, saying they will contact the office and inform them to update to Switzerland,

and they will inform me if I get a new card or if they will just keep it this way!

2) I got an email yesterday after getting my EAD card, for a telephone interview :D

With that said - I had it today and it went so well that they invited me over for a face-to-face interview next Tuesday

3) most important: DRIVING LICENCE!

sooo.. as I went to get my DL (temporary) in my first week of being here, I got my DL which was vaild for 90 days as the K1.

Today I went back to the DMV and I was able to get the DL that is valid for the time as shown on the EAD!!!! Meaning:

Once you have your EAD go to the DMV and bring:

-Passport

-Marriage Licence

-I-797C (NOA1 for Greencard)

-EAD Card

-Birth Certificate (just in case...)

Please note that this may be different in different states. I didn't bring my NOA1 for GC, and they made me go home get it,

although I had it in my email and would have been able to forward to her or print out! but they wanted the original!

So temporary licence is in my wallet (valid 45 days) which is a paperprint out, and the card will be shipped shortly! :)

So overall, it has been a terrific day!!!

Crossing fingers for the rest of you guys waiting on EAD (or invite to GC Interview)... STAY POSITIVE! remember the uncertain days

of waiting for the K1 approval? Well, at least we are all with our loved ones now ❤️ 

Wait, we don't need an interview for EAD right? So does that mean next Tuesday is your GC interview already?!?! 👏

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.