1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, emekus94 said:

WHEN you go to your GC interview, IF you have been married for less than 2 years, you get a 2 year conditional GC
Which then, 90 days before it expires, you file for the 10 year GC.

The type of GC you get originally depends on your marriage date

i.e. less than 2 years of marriage at interview = 2 Year GC

more than 2 years or marriage at interview = 10 year GC

So if your office is running 23 months right now and u go for your interview, if at the time of interview you have been married for 2 years, you get a 10 year GC automatically.

Hope that helps!

I just received my approval letter and it says " welcome to the United states of America.......your card will expire in ten years"

Edited by Rakaf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This sucks....where is our EAD ? 😢 This sucks to hear EAD in production for many of you guys and even GC.  Feeling left out. @Tomalley any progress on yours? 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

37 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

This sucks....where is our EAD ? 😢 This sucks to hear EAD in production for many of you guys and even GC.  Feeling left out. @Tomalley any progress on yours? 

Nothing at all. Honestly I just realized that seems June fliers got their ead and they are from Europe like Switzerland , Sweden.. I am thinking maybe uscis process them quicker than other countries. Many april or may filers didn’t get their EAD even. But what can we do, just have to wait. I really think GC and EAD are processing unfairly, just like K1 visa. They don’t process by the date you sent in.

2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Believe it or not: our status for I-765 just changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" !!!!! :D :D :D

GC still shows "case is ready to be scheduled..." but as long as I can start working soon :D :D :D

I cross fingers for everyone that it goes quick now too... Slowly but surely they are moving into the right direction for us Juni-es! 

Congratulations :D:D:D Have you decided what type of job you want to go into? Back to administrative, or creative (still looking forward to your cupcakes once I come to Savannah one day!)

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys I am New York filers, we filed July 26, 2018 and had Biometric last Aug. 23 and we still haven’t hear anything from USCIS. My case still says “fingerprint fee was received. I’m Glad some of the July filers had there interviews. I’m hoping more approvals.

fingers crossed everyone 🙂 

8 minutes ago, LizM said:

Congratulations :D:D:D Have you decided what type of job you want to go into? Back to administrative, or creative (still looking forward to your cupcakes once I come to Savannah one day!)

thaaaanks a lot!!! :D 

for now, def back to administrative, will see what comes up :) but I have ideas of doing a side business with cupcakes/officiating weddings/photography so we'll see how that goes! :D 

I'm glad to see you have received yours and are done with that waiting game. let's see how long it takes for the invitation for the GC now :o

also... any luck on jobs yet? i have tried to check on linkedin a lot, but i think our area here is very limited :o and must be old school,

cos it doesn't show sooo many jobs! :o 

@Alabamak1 don't get frustrated - you were one of the first to have your status changed, and we know this waiting game is annoying for everybody! :( you'll be next soon!!!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

4 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thaaaanks a lot!!! :D 

for now, def back to administrative, will see what comes up :) but I have ideas of doing a side business with cupcakes/officiating weddings/photography so we'll see how that goes! :D 

I'm glad to see you have received yours and are done with that waiting game. let's see how long it takes for the invitation for the GC now :o

also... any luck on jobs yet? i have tried to check on linkedin a lot, but i think our area here is very limited :o and must be old school,

cos it doesn't show sooo many jobs! :o 

@Alabamak1 don't get frustrated - you were one of the first to have your status changed, and we know this waiting game is annoying for everybody! :( you'll be next soon!!!

Yesss to side hustles B-)

Nope, I literally started looking today (have been looking earlier too but those positions are all gone now) but I have a few companies I'm really interested in. I check Glassdoor, Planted (startup jobs only), Linkedin and just today I also checked out Ziprecruiter. There's also Indeed and Monster, but I haven't looked at those yet. Good luck with the job searching :) I'm cool with it taking some time, I want it to feel like a really good match.

h

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone receive there GC from Chicago IL? I filed June 1st haven't heard anything i've only received my Parole to leave the country.

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

On 9/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, emekus94 said:

WHEN you go to your GC interview, IF you have been married for less than 2 years, you get a 2 year conditional GC
Which then, 90 days before it expires, you file for the 10 year GC.

The type of GC you get originally depends on your marriage date

i.e. less than 2 years of marriage at interview = 2 Year GC

more than 2 years or marriage at interview = 10 year GC

So if your office is running 23 months right now and u go for your interview, if at the time of interview you have been married for 2 years, you get a 10 year GC automatically.

Hope that helps!

So more than 2 years or marriage at interview = 10 year GC,  it’s actually better so that I don’t have to go through the whole process again (if they would let me refresh my EAD/AP), but the worst is probably 1.9 years marriage at interview, that’ll definitely be the worst😂

And thanks for your explanation, it does help to understand!🌹

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello! In my case I have sent the RFE (birth certificate translated) and I have never received any update. 

In the case status web site "Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed" 

Has someone of you experiment this issue? I filled in June.

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office :  
Date Filed : 2018-06-08
NOA Date : 2018-06-11
RFE(s) : 2018-07-05
Bio. Appt. : 2018-07-12

Advance Parole
Event Date

RFE(s) :  
Date Received :

Employment Authorization Document 
Filing Instance : First
RFE(s) :  

10 minutes ago, BattEC said:

Hello! In my case I have sent the RFE (birth certificate translated) and I have never received any update. 

In the case status web site "Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed" 

Has someone of you experiment this issue? I filled in June.

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office :  
RFE(s) : 2018-07-05

Advance Parole
Event Date

RFE(s) :  
Date Received :

Employment Authorization Document 
Filing Instance : First
RFE(s) :  

if you returned the documents that they requested and you don't hear back in within 2 weeks, I'd follow up via phone and check on that, otherwise just re-send the documents maybe possibly certified so you know they received it?

Or do you have tracking of the package you sent in? 

When our RFE came in, I sent the documents a day later and they updated the status to "received" 4 days later... so I would not wait more than 2 weeks

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

if you returned the documents that they requested and you don't hear back in within 2 weeks, I'd follow up via phone and check on that, otherwise just re-send the documents maybe possibly certified so you know they received it?

Or do you have tracking of the package you sent in? 

When our RFE came in, I sent the documents a day later and they updated the status to "received" 4 days later... so I would not wait more than 2 weeks

Thanks for your Replu Swissmiss82. Yes, we tracked the package and it says it was received. Is there any phone that we can call? I tried many times in USCIS website phone but they dont answer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Please help. I received the interview letter and they ask me to bring an interpreter if my husband does not speak English fluently . He doesn't. He understands a little. Should I pay an interpreter or can I translate for him. Please help if you been in that position. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We applied for EAD & AP with our AOS on Jun 1.  Yesterday our status updated for EAD to "New Card is being Produced".

Good News!  Yeah!  but also question.  AP didn't get updated, but since it should be combo card, they means the EAD is good 

for both correct?  Did anyone else have one update and the other not?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.