TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, krinar said:

i know i found that weird as well. i contacted my attorney and they were confused why they wanted that form to begin with...nonetheless i have the completed forms already so well send it along with the police report and hope for the best i guess

The document is still being used, but like you said it would have been used in conjunction with the I-129f. The DS-160 was designed to incorporate that document in  the DS-160. It's baffling to me also.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Not married yet but starting my AOS paperwork. I came across this link and found it useful for those starting to put AOS paperwork together. 

https://yaztalksalot.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/adjustment-of-status-from-k1-visa

5 hours ago, DPP123 said:

Not married yet but starting my AOS paperwork. I came across this link and found it useful for those starting to put AOS paperwork together. 

https://yaztalksalot.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/adjustment-of-status-from-k1-visa

•  

Nice link. Very organized and detailed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On ‎2018‎年‎7‎月‎4‎日 at 11:42 PM, Naes said:

@Yuilicious @faycher

congrats to both! I do think it is about the summer too (faycher if it changed to nonimmigrant no need to worry anything anymore it will get issued and send soon, I actually was checking to see yours :)

in may (golden week time before and after) too it took longer than 1 week normal issue time of japan :) waiting for your visas on hand!

@NaesI thought so that once it changes to NIV AP it will be issued soon. But the situation turns out not really. it has been 12 days since my interview and the CEAC status changed to NIV AP since July 1st which is 4 work days from now. I was not worrying too much until I received an email from embassy as follow:

Your visa application is currently under additional administrative processing, and the Embassy is unable to process your case any further until the administrative processing is completed. Although we understand your concern, we are unable to advise you with any degree of accuracy how much longer the processing will take. Your understanding on this matter is highly appreciated. We will return your passport as soon as your processing is complete.

I start to feel that it is not a normal AP. it is something additional like I thought. I am a foreigner in JP. I do not know if it is the case or not. I am not from a banned country. 

Everyone any thoughts?

08/05/2021: Conditional Green Card Expires

💜ROC Journey💜

05/07/2021: I-751 mailed 

05/12/2021: I-751 Received

05/25/2021: Check Cashed

05/25/2021: Text Received. Cash number begins with LIN

06/02/2021: NOA1 Received, Dated 5/27

06/28/2021 : Bio waved 

??? : Card Received 

💛N-400 Journey💛

05/07/2022: Eligible for Naturalization

Timeline
1 hour ago, faycher said:

@NaesI thought so that once it changes to NIV AP it will be issued soon. But the situation turns out not really. it has been 12 days since my interview and the CEAC status changed to NIV AP since July 1st which is 4 work days from now. I was not worrying too much until I received an email from embassy as follow:

Your visa application is currently under additional administrative processing, and the Embassy is unable to process your case any further until the administrative processing is completed. Although we understand your concern, we are unable to advise you with any degree of accuracy how much longer the processing will take. Your understanding on this matter is highly appreciated. We will return your passport as soon as your processing is complete.

I start to feel that it is not a normal AP. it is something additional like I thought. I am a foreigner in JP. I do not know if it is the case or not. I am not from a banned country. 

Everyone any thoughts?

Well I’m pretty pissed at that then! 

I dont think its about you being a foreigner though, not do I think it is real AP, because Embassy in japan is pretty strict about their updates (check their AP page, if your interview date is already shown for other cases)

Do you know if anyone else who were around the same time and k1 got their passports back?

did you try giving them a call? You know just to ask what’s up(talk with the English speaking staff they’re more clear and helpful)

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Naes said:

Well I’m pretty pissed at that then! 

I dont think its about you being a foreigner though, not do I think it is real AP, because Embassy in japan is pretty strict about their updates (check their AP page, if your interview date is already shown for other cases)

Do you know if anyone else who were around the same time and k1 got their passports back?

did you try giving them a call? You know just to ask what’s up(talk with the English speaking staff they’re more clear and helpful)

@Naes Yeah. I checked the AP webpage in US embassy Tokyo, and there is no date of 25th June is under AP. It might mean that I might not be in the category of the AP should shown in that page? I have no idea lol

Well Yuilicious has got her "issued" status last Friday which is what she PMed me. Her interview date was a week later than mine. So it made me sure that my case is not due to embassy workload in summer season.

I called once last Thursday. But the customer service just told me that they will forward this message to the officer, because they do not have access to information any further from her end.

And on Friday, that was the reply email I received from the embassy.

I plan to have wedding on 5th August. But now seems like I am not sure I can make it to my wedding sadly. 

💜ROC Journey💜

💛N-400 Journey💛

Timeline

Thank God!

Finally to the end of this journey! my visa is issued after 15 days of Administrative processing after interview.

Hope you all goes well in the following process!

💜ROC Journey💜

💛N-400 Journey💛

It's getting real quiet in here. I hope that last person that leaves remembers to turn off the lights. :P

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It's getting real quiet in here. I hope that last person that leaves remembers to turn off the lights. :P

Haha that will be me soon! My nvc update is In Transit.. But I appreciate all your help it kept me sane most of this phase 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, D & JL said:

Haha that will be me soon! My nvc update is In Transit.. But I appreciate all your help it kept me sane most of this phase 😂

I thought it was gonna be me so please do remember to turn off the lights as @Greenbaum suggested lol... My interview is 26th of this month... 😊

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Greenbaum I finalized my medicals today and i was told i have to pay extra for the vaccination but unfortunately my debit card wouldn't go through so the doctor said that it is not a problem, that since it is K1 Visa, i can either get the vaccine shots here in South Africa or i can go get it there in the US that it is not a problem, he is 1 of the 2 doctors that is approved for US medicals in South Africa...

What do you think? Or should i make another appointment for next week and go with cash?

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

1 hour ago, kemm360 said:

@Greenbaum I finalized my medicals today and i was told i have to pay extra for the vaccination but unfortunately my debit card wouldn't go through so the doctor said that it is not a problem, that since it is K1 Visa, i can either get the vaccine shots here in South Africa or i can go get it there in the US that it is not a problem, he is 1 of the 2 doctors that is approved for US medicals in South Africa...

What do you think? Or should i make another appointment for next week and go with cash?

It's better to have them finished there if not you will have additional costs once you arrive in the US and begin your AOS after marriage. Here is why.

If you have them completed there in SA your costs are going to be cheaper than if you had them completed in the US. If you have them completed in the SA the medical examiner will complete your DS-3025 as "complete" which allows you to submit that document with your AOS without having to pay an additional fee to a civil surgeon (CS) to finish the vaccinations and to produce the I-693 form. That service alone will run you $75 to $200 plus.

So yes, by all means get them completed in SA before leaving for the States. Best to go next week, as you have planned, and have them completed. Be sure the medical facility gives you an updated DS-3025 that states everything is "complete". Here is an example of that form https://panelphysician.org/ds3025/.  If you look toward the bottom there is a check box that states "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket Waiver)" whereupon you want that to be checked.

I hope I have been able to articulate the need for the vaccinations to be completed in your Home Country.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.