TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Although people are interpreting your experience to suggest that all you need to do is apply for K3 and this will somehow expedite an approval, I am not sure that is actually what is happening. It could very well be that this K3 had nothing to do with the I-130 getting approved.

The reason I think skepticism is warranted is because people should be careful about what they do with these immigration applications, be there *is* something to lose, in theory. There is another element to this discussion that people don't address here, and that is whether the actual act of applying for the K3 might prejudice the outcome of the case in some way that is *not* beneficial, whether it be by opening up another branch of bureaucratic processes that slows down or crosses wires somewhere, or by simply sending an unintended signal to the government that will manifest in some unknown way later.

I think people are not accounting for the above risks and everyone here seems to be whipping themselves into a frenzy that this is an easy way to solve the I-130 processing delay problem,  but without due consideration of potential unintended and unforeseen consequences. The stakes seem too high to just make these sorts of presumptions.

There will always be the active and courageous vs the passive and cautious.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, smith916 said:

I might do this tomorrow .. honestly what have we got to lose

I don't understand.. we are close yet still we feel the need to do k3. Nebraska is really too much for us.

Nothing heard? I'm not calling due to just don't want to hear another attitude on the phone.

Hope you get a reply soon 🙏🏼☘️

Why are they doing this to us. No reply nothing, just making us wait in limbo

Some people are getting rfe, some noa2, we are just nothing. 😐

Edited by Saci Singh

Timeline

I still have hope of hearing something this week, I know I'm close, 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼☘️☘️☘️

Edited by Saci Singh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

There will always be the active and courageous vs the passive and cautious.

Nice non-sequitur...passive and cautious? Lol. You have no clue what you are talking about, do you? You think one is “courageous” for taking ill-considered risks? That’s many things, but not courage...

7 hours ago, Meryemabbasi said:

Hi, did you send in the same documents for evidence that u used for i 130? for e.g evidence of bona fide marriage, conversations/correspondence etc. 

No I just sent a copy of my NOA 1 from

the CR1 & a copy of my marriage certificate. That’s all but you can send in those extra if you want. But I didn’t I just followed what was on the website . 

Edited by Shaylan21

Timeline

Can I ask.. can we change our consulate the country?  We are thinking of moving to a different country.  Trinidad and Tobago.  I also have citizenship there?

Please answer my question?

Can we do our interview from there?

Edited by Saci Singh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, JMPM said:

I would think knowing there's risks and taking it anyways is courageous. There's two options. You can wait for the process to finish or take a risk and have your loved one sooner. Whatever the consequences k-3 denial I-130 approval. Or k-3 approval, i130 pending, aos fees. 

I'll be glad to pay an aos if my wife is with me if that consequence happens. I'll be filing when I return from the Philippines in Sept. Who knows maybe things will be sped up by then. 

But the person that doesn't know what they are talking about is really you having some assumptions of great consequences. Let me break out the tinfoil hat. If you think that's risky. Let me tell you about me emailing USCIS employees directly to their work emails telling them they suck in a professional tone. 

There's no risk in exercising the options and your freedom of speech. They are public servants and they answer to the public.

I don’t think any of us should make assumptions any way.  The fact is that there is a K3 visa application available.  Nobody should make a decision to file based upon what they read on a forum.  Nobody should file for it without reading the USCIS criteria and requirements.  Nobody should file for it unless they’ve read what will be expected, in terms of the AOS and the associated fees.  Everything on this forum is anecdotal.  However, that anecdotal evidence is fairly convincing and I fall into the “there’s really nothing to lose” category, so I filed.  

I do not worry that I can harm my case by filing for it.  I have an 8-year marriage, all of which has been spent living together, and plenty of evidence that my marriage is bona fide.  I’m not even sure that in a less convincing (on paper) case, one application influences another.  I think it’s just a matter of getting a pair of eyeballs upon your file, and it appears that filing for the K3 makes that happen more quickly.  

Ultimately, everybody has a responsibility to decide and complete applications based upon USCIS criteria and requirements.  For better or worse, this is a very bureaucratic process.  One’s case either ticks the boxes for a particular visa or it doesn’t, regardless of what emotions we feel.   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Nice non-sequitur...passive and cautious? Lol. You have no clue what you are talking about, do you? You think one is “courageous” for taking ill-considered risks? That’s many things, but not courage...

You don’t like ‘cautious’, fine. How about masochistic 😛😉?

And what « risk » are talking about?  Where do you see risk in filing a perfectly legal I-129F petition?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Although the evidence at the moment for the K3 speeding up the I-130 is anecdotal due to the small sample size, I still remain hopeful.  I think every form comes with its own risks and I don't imagine many people blindly submit forms without weighing those risks.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jacob_Malik said:

Although the evidence at the moment for the K3 speeding up the I-130 is anecdotal due to the small sample size, I still remain hopeful.  I think every form comes with its own risks and I don't imagine many people blindly submit forms without weighing those risks.  

I also don't think everyone who applied for a k3 will get a fast approval.

It's only a handful in a number of them...

32 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

I also don't think everyone who applied for a k3 will get a fast approval.

It's only a handful in a number of them...

5 people in the Facebook group so far with 2019 PD who filed k3 have had it denied and the 140 approved 

couple more waiting on responses 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.