TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hoosier81 said:

Dude I didn't even think of this! I am so going to Lowes and ordering some now lol!

I was thinking I would have to install sprayers this summer but this is so much easier.

I bought a spray gun. It’s a simple tvalve, many in amazon. I’m not a handyman type, thankfully it was so easy.

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
22 hours ago, Jeanette & Jason said:

Oh, I need to check that out for sure :) Alright so if I give them by Tuesday next week or maybe I will get an answer tomorrow, I might be getting some movement on my case. Yes, 221g is the one you get if the medical hasn't arrived amongst other things. I had my medical 1 week before the interview also, they said they got the medical paper on 14th... allegedly... was looked at today 15th as the status date changed. They have my passport and everything... The dude that was interviewing me was being very condescending towards me. Interrupted when I tried to answer his question by raising his voice and ask the question again, he did that on a couple of occasions. I felt so stupid and my anxiety didn't get any less with that. To top it all off, my mascara had left a huge black spot under my eye *didn't see this before after it all and I went to the bathroom* it was snowing like crazy the day I was there, yeah so much for leaving a good first impression eh? I am just nervous about all of this Administrative process deal... blegh

Oh no :( I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience. It sucks that something like an officer with a bad attitude or having a bad day can make it turn out that way.

The good news is, I think everything is just fine based on what you've said, as it actually sounds very similar to our experience! Taking the passport is a good sign; it means everything else checks out and they're just waiting on the formality of receiving the papers from your doctor. It took about a week and a half total between interview date and VOH, give or take depending on if they are busier this month than last month, etc. If they received the papers on the 14th, it may be mid week next week before the visa arrives, I'd say.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

4 hours ago, Habitaters said:

I plan to move to the US 1st week of May at the latest. Get married, get all the paperwork moving ASAP... My question is, do I need to apply for Advance Parole for my travel to Asia and Canada in November (for volunteer work, etc.) or will my green card be ready by then?

Thanks in advance for the info ladies and gents. :)

Definitly Advance Parole.  It seems it is a good year for GC.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

Anyone in June still waiting or if there's a change in status please let me know

June 12

@MommaMiller  - RFE rec. (not active since 1/ 13)

@ChazNikki        - RFE Sent (no timeline) (not active since 2/14)

June 13

@YingYen           - Received NOA1 6/13 (not active since 2/28)

June 14

@Enter and Kam - Received 

@Katemdedo     - Received 

@D & JL             - RFE sent. (1/21)

June 15

@LydiaP            - RFE rec. 3/12

June 19

@elwoodicious - voted off the stinking stalker list.  Congratulations!!!! 🎊🎉🍾

June 22

@KBA               - Received

June 23

@Martin3517 -Received 

June 27

@Kari & Atti     - RFE rec. (2/5)

@KurtHigh     -RFE rec. (1/31) (no timeline) (not active since 3/6)

June 29

@Jabberwocky1969  - RFE  Sent 2/28

Page 28 last post

I am a silent follower. My RFE was received back in Feb 12. Last I heard from them. Waiting for the 60 days to pass before I can start panicking 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today's response from CSC :(

Thank you for your inquiry. We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of these checks before we make a decision on any pending case.

We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these background checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as these checks are complete.

UGHHH!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lisa123 said:

I am a silent follower. My RFE was received back in Feb 12. Last I heard from them. Waiting for the 60 days to pass before I can start panicking 

Thank you Lisa! What is your NOA 1’s date please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, KBA said:

Today's response from CSC :(

Thank you for your inquiry. We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of these checks before we make a decision on any pending case.

We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these background checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as these checks are complete.

UGHHH!!! 

Do you know why your security checks are taking longer?

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Do you know why your security checks are taking longer?

We’ve been thinking about that...he traveled in the Middle East for work years ago...also had a court case from a business he owned (no arrest) in which he was acquitted. We are guessing they are digging into these things? Really doesn’t make sense to us. We have all the documentation as we figured they’d want it for his interview...but of course haven’t gotten that far :huh: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 3/16/2018 at 9:14 AM, John & Rose said:

Me too.  I figured I would have a huge plumbing project with the new house.  This will be great.

John i ended up with this I realized using the tap water here would be freezing for Rakhel so I bought fancy heated bidet seat lol....:D

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Elongated-Installation-Adjustable-Posterior/dp/B007HIKQCK/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1521294009&sr=1-2&keywords=bio%2Bbidet%2Bbb-600&th=1

1 minute ago, Hoosier81 said:

John i ended up with this I realized using the tap water here would be freezing for Rakhel so I bought fancy heated bidet seat lol....:D

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Elongated-Installation-Adjustable-Posterior/dp/B007HIKQCK/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1521294009&sr=1-2&keywords=bio%2Bbidet%2Bbb-600&th=1

That is why I was having trouble getting used to it when I stay there. Lol. Thanks for the link. You saved our as$es!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/12/2018 at 9:02 AM, KandW said:

Visa status says ISSUED!! 

Which website are you checking for status?

22 hours ago, EllaB said:

Awesome!! Congratulation

Where are you checking?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Halo house,

please I need help in determining if my fiance will need a sponsor for our K1 visa application. 

Since he lost his State job 3 years ago, he hasn't been making enough income. However, he started making good income a month ago.

His income for the previous 2 years tax documents are below poverty level while his current income is above the poverty level. 

Will his current earnings/income be sufficient so we wouldn't need a sponsor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mben979611 said:

Which website are you checking for status?

Where are you checking?

ceac 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.