TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hi everyone , from date we got approved does anyone know how much time is obligatory to enter the country? I am a bit confused somewhere I find 3 months somehow 6 months. What if expires till the interview date ? Thanks !! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, paracelsus said:

Hi everyone , from date we got approved does anyone know how much time is obligatory to enter the country? I am a bit confused somewhere I find 3 months somehow 6 months. What if expires till the interview date ? Thanks !! 

4 months (noa2 expires -interview must be scheduled; if it expires you ask embassy to extend)

6 months from medical. (Validity for entering US and using the visa)

need to get married within 3 months (expiration of I-94 and legal status)

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, PJN&MMR said:

What did you send with the application?

We sent airline tickets of us both, passport pages with the entry stamps, bank statements that showed transactions on the same date from the same location, some receipts, hotel bookings that had our names, receipt of my engagement ring, pictures of the two of us from each of the locations with the date and location at the back of each picture,  Whatsapp chats,  Call logs, and Skype call logs. We also wrote a bit about how we met and then at each point of the story where we met, we attached the evidence so it would easy for them to follow. 

@Kswtangel Thank you so much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gul4554 said:

Hello everyone 

What is the process after I got approved?

Need help

Thanks 

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think I should just have a template prepared so I can copy and paste here every morning. Here’s hoping we get the RFE through today! 🙄😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, MK878 said:

We sent airline tickets of us both, passport pages with the entry stamps, bank statements that showed transactions on the same date from the same location, some receipts, hotel bookings that had our names, receipt of my engagement ring, pictures of the two of us from each of the locations with the date and location at the back of each picture,  Whatsapp chats,  Call logs, and Skype call logs. We also wrote a bit about how we met and then at each point of the story where we met, we attached the evidence so it would easy for them to follow. 

@Kswtangel Thank you so much!

I cant come up with a reason based on the little I know. Did you self file or use an attorney? 

All - I wonder if this is “extreme vetting”.

like TSA, they change their tactics regularly. Some get through the line while others are subject to more verification. Rediculous to a valid app, not so to a bad actor. You could wing it and just send more stuff and hope for approval, or use a reputable immi attorney. The attorney would need to see everything you sent them and then help you sort what you might be able to explain or send that will satisfy them accordingly. Flip the coin on which to do.

We hired an attorney, we were not risking this to some mistake or problem overlooked. Stressful enough and it delayed our application getting to them a few weeks, but she was helpful and making sure everything was in order, nothing missing. Etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys, I think what they're looking for in addition to photos, tickets, etc. is the actual story behind how you met. When was it, where did you go, what did you do, etc. It asks for the "circumstances" of your meeting. I hope that helps!

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Checking in bright and early today, 445AM Pacific Time / 745AM Eastern time; so I just called the NVC.. and within 5 minutes I got our MNL case number!

I was told they just recently received our case file, and it will take up to 2 weeks to forward it to the Embassy(Manila) now. 

Stay strong everyone!

NOA1 - August 2nd

NOA2 - February 13th

MNL# - March 6th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This morning USCIS will receive our reply for their RFE. How will we know that they really get it, if they didn’t inform us about RFE? No emails, no updates. It’s a pity @Naes didn’t add WAC number to her updates. Do we have just wait patiently with no information what’s going on? How can we be sure that the post didn’t lost our letter and USCIS really received our response?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.