TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, MCL said:

Thank You so much! Was worried and didnt want to give too much of the wrong info. I appreciate you. And letter goes to USICS and Consulate who has the case?

Send a copy to both USCIS and your Embassy. This comes directly from the regulations.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.1 Action When Petition Received (TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987) Upon the receipt of an approved K-1 visa petition, the post should send a letter to the beneficiary outlining the steps to be taken to apply for a visa. If the initial 4- month validity of a petition has expired without a response to the post’s letter, the consular officer should send a follow-up letter to the beneficiary, with a copy to the petitioner, and request a reply within 60 days. If the 60-day period passes without a response from either party, or, if the response indicates that the couple no longer plans marriage, the case is to be considered abandoned; the petition is to be retained at the post for a period of one year and then destroyed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, MCL said:

@Greenbaum it was in regards to your post above advising me to write a withdrawal. I was asking how what do I write in the letter without stating too much? We have a child together so not sure if will make up later. But if we do, how would this affect future filing for him?

Addendum: You do not need to specify, other than that you are not going to get married at this time and that you would like your file to be closed. Add your information of both parties i.e. full names, case number, WAC# birth dates. When either of you go to file for a new visa, whether that is together or with a different person, you will be starting with a clean slate. This process has been going on for many years and USCIS and the embassy will know what to do. Make sure you keep any and all correspondence to use if needed in the future. This action will have no baring on your child. You should sort through the legal "stuff" so that you have custody and all rights to his/her future. You'll need a lawyer for this I am sure. This way you have clear sailing in the future if you were to apply for a new visa with someone else.  Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, MandW said:

Try 8 months Administrative processing lol

August 129f 2017 filer here, updating... Feb 2018 we got the NOA2. April 2018 the interview, 221g issued,  8 months administrative processing , Dec 2018 AP completed, medical expired had to redo the medical, January 2019 picked up medical, submitted passport, got K1 visa issued, POE was two days ago JANUARY 15 2019 AND WE ARE HAPPY TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!  Just saw your timeline update. I'm sure you are both happy to have that part behind you now.  Hopefully, the rest of the process goes much faster for you! - Jason 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Send a copy to both USCIS and your Embassy. This comes directly from the regulations.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.1 Action When Petition Received (TL:VISA-2; 08-30-1987) Upon the receipt of an approved K-1 visa petition, the post should send a letter to the beneficiary outlining the steps to be taken to apply for a visa. If the initial 4- month validity of a petition has expired without a response to the post’s letter, the consular officer should send a follow-up letter to the beneficiary, with a copy to the petitioner, and request a reply within 60 days. If the 60-day period passes without a response from either party, or, if the response indicates that the couple no longer plans marriage, the case is to be considered abandoned; the petition is to be retained at the post for a period of one year and then destroyed.

Thank You! I'm going to send a letter to close the case and close that chapter. I'm not even considering getting back with him. This 2019 and I'm on to new. Everything happens for a reason. 

1 hour ago, MCL said:

Thank You! I'm going to send a letter to close the case and close that chapter. I'm not even considering getting back with him. This 2019 and I'm on to new. Everything happens for a reason. 

All the best to you. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 9:52 AM, MandW said:

Try 8 months Administrative processing lol

August 129f 2017 filer here, updating... Feb 2018 we got the NOA2. April 2018 the interview, 221g issued,  8 months administrative processing , Dec 2018 AP completed, medical expired had to redo the medical, January 2019 picked up medical, submitted passport, got K1 visa issued, POE was two days ago JANUARY 15 2019 AND WE ARE HAPPY TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I was surprised to see a quote from someone filling within our own range of filling, as well, still waiting to be approved.

That's awesome guys, I am happy to hear it.

I, basically left VJ, once we got most of the stuff done and I can't believe some of the people weren't approved by now!

I am happy you guys finished it!Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 12:55 AM, DenisAlma said:

Wow, I was surprised to see a quote from someone filling within our own range of filling, as well, still waiting to be approved.

That's awesome guys, I am happy to hear it.

I, basically left VJ, once we got most of the stuff done and I can't believe some of the people weren't approved by now!

I am happy you guys finished it!Good luck!

You left him? Like as in broke up?

5 hours ago, MCL said:

You left him? Like as in broke up?

She left VJ not her husband.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wondering if any of you submitted your I-797 notice of approval from USCIS to the embassy interview officer? We did, they took it. Now we're in the USA applying for Green Card (AOS) and they are asking for this I-797 back! We're like "we handed it in at the interview along with all sorts of other documentation."

Now I'm told by USCIS that I have to order a copy and wait 3 months for it !

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.