TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I checked my lawyer out before hired him. 99.5% approval rate the first time a petition is sent in. When he said that he got my money. I noticed a lot more RFE's in 2017 than in 2005 , in 2005 it was 1 in 400 or 500 cases that got in RFE on the candleforlove site and now its 4 out of 10 but mainly on those who didn't hire a lawyer.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I couldn't wait any longer and called USCIS this morning.  The first person I spoke to was stern, but not rude.  I requested a transfer to a tier 2 supervisor and was told I would receive a call back in 150 minutes.   Tier 2 called 70 minutes later.  No change in our application . . . just "received."  He offered to submit a service request since we are "outside normal processing times."  I thought that was strange because I think we are at 188 days and others who waited longer have been told they are within normal processing times.

He said I should get a response to the service request in 15 business days.  I really hope something happens with our application before then.  What should I expect from the service request?  Will it just be a generic form letter saying they received my application and will process it soon?  Will they review the application as part of the service request or just look to see that it is in the queue? 

Thanks - Jason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, PJN&MMR said:

So sorry you are still waiting.

Some Advice for you.  When you call:

Tier 1 answers, let them talk give them case number. Let them talk. Say, listen, I have been really patient for 200+ days and have not bothered you guys. Although I appreciate everything you do, I’m am not satisfied with the amount of detail your department is able to provice. Please transfer me to Tier 2. If they keep babbling, dont react. Just say, I would like to speak with tier 2.

Now, Tier 2 Answers, be super friendly. “Hi Betty, how are you? my name is.... case number is, my DOB, Fiancee DOB” is, bla bla bla. Just answer their questions as they ask them. Let them tell you whatever they want to tell you. 

Then Say - I have been really patient here and havent pestered you guys much, but It would help greatly to get some information anout where my case is at. It would really settle my patience here.

perhaps ask “well can you tell me, has it even been touched yet?” If they say yes, then say look, “what else can you tell me?

just be nice 

I did exactly that. actually the tier 2 supervisor was rather empathetic. He said something interesting, and maybe it was just a slip up, but I submitted a CASE INQUIRY electronically, and he mentioned that whe nyou do that they will physically go to your file and check it, and he said, then it will go back into the back of the pile.  He really said that. THE BACK! so just curious, who here submitted a case inquiry and is still waiting? maybe they do take your file out and move it backwards in line.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AndyAspen said:

I did exactly that. actually the tier 2 supervisor was rather empathetic. He said something interesting, and maybe it was just a slip up, but I submitted a CASE INQUIRY electronically, and he mentioned that whe nyou do that they will physically go to your file and check it, and he said, then it will go back into the back of the pile.  He really said that. THE BACK! so just curious, who here submitted a case inquiry and is still waiting? maybe they do take your file out and move it backwards in line.....

What the chickens??? You get penalized for checking your case???? 

Timeline
Just now, Thelucybelle said:

Not sure, I used those words exactly and he kind of backtracked, but never answered it clearly.  I would hope that's not the case but, when I see so many late august filers getting approved, I can't help but wonder.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Thelucybelle said:

I wouldn't be surprised if my case was put in the back when I called and asked for a Tier 2 and basically was told to check back in 30/45 days..  (currently at 211 days) 

Timeline
Just now, AndyAspen said:

Not sure, I used those words exactly and he kind of backtracked, but never answered it clearly.  I would hope that's not the case but, when I see so many late august filers getting approved, I can't help but wonder.

Hang in there, Day 208 for us and it’s starting to feel like every day is taking a year. I’m hoping that very soon they will change the processing date so we can really talk to someone about what is going on. 

Just now, mx5john said:

I wouldn't be surprised if my case was put in the back when I called and asked for a Tier 2 and basically was told to check back in 30/45 days..  (currently at 211 days) 

I had a Tier actually hang up on me and I wasn’t even remotely rude or disrespectful. Sending hugs xxx

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thelucybelle said:

Hang in there, Day 208 for us and it’s starting to feel like every day is taking a year. I’m hoping that very soon they will change the processing date so we can really talk to someone about what is going on. 

that's the rub.  even after they change their website, on March 15th it will be updated, they will tell you you need to wait 30 more days to actually be outside normal processing times. So that's April 15th until we can actually start complaining and get someone on the phone who will attempt to help you.

Timeline
Just now, AndyAspen said:

that's the rub.  even after they change their website, on March 15th it will be updated, they will tell you you need to wait 30 more days to actually be outside normal processing times. So that's April 15th until we can actually start complaining and get someone on the phone who will attempt to help you.

Really - ok taking a deep breath here. Am starting to think we should have gone he CR1 route. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have a question I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I got my NOA 2 on 2/20 but my case status still shows as case received and I called NVC but they won't even take me serious because it shows as case received. Do you think I should call USCIS or just wait patiently? :(

Timeline

just keep calling NVC, no need to call USCIS if you got NAO2 in your hands. takes 2 weeks to get case received at NVC. Those files are still sent by snail mail and not electronically (yes this is 2018 and they still use snail mail) being your 2/20 your 3 days after mine and I just got "case received at NVC" yesterday.

Edited by MandW

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Thelucybelle said:

Really - ok taking a deep breath here. Am starting to think we should have gone he CR1 route. 

I was starting to really drive myself crazy over this...   ...then I looked at Naes post in June thread with all the people there still waiting.  Helped me a lot.  (at the end of this last week, 946 June Filers still waiting to be touched)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/659677-june-2017-i-129f-filers-part-iii/?page=291&tab=comments#comment-9064130

Timeline
7 minutes ago, mx5john said:

I was starting to really drive myself crazy over this...   ...then I looked at Naes post in June thread with all the people there still waiting.  Helped me a lot.  (at the end of this last week, 946 June Filers still waiting to be touched)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/659677-june-2017-i-129f-filers-part-iii/?page=291&tab=comments#comment-9064130

That's why I was so happy when I checked my mail and got NOA2, I was hoping not to be one those that wait months on end. USCIS should still go in order and yes I know if they did that I would still be waiting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.