TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vholde346 said:

So an officer has been assigned our case (again) to get to the bottom of the mission RFE. My partners congressman is also getting involved now. 

Yayyyyyyyyyy
That sounds like positive news! B-)

Hang in there. Hopefully this is a quick turnaround 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

That is plain rude, whoever did that to your fiancee. I can't believe such people exists.

they def exist.... call themselves (friend) are extremely unfair and rude :( ..... But on a better note, from what I've gotten from others is it just down to her underoos, female Dr. and no poking :P .... but they def had her fur up.... lol ... thanks for the reply 

Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 6:19 PM, Woodrow said:

Hello everyone,

just an update from a fellow August filer. We received our February 13th NOA2 approval in the mail and since then everything has been email. The Montreal Consulate seems to use the electronic processing which I feel has been faster at least in our situation. Our case number was provided by the NVC in less than two weeks. When signing up for our interview we were provided 2 dates to choose from. Both Wednesdays by the way. We now have our interview scheduled for the end of April and are super excited. 

The help and and support we gained from reading this website has been invaluable. 

Thanks everyone. 

Another August Canadian flier here! I swear we should make a club or something, haha. I have about the same NOA2 and was seeing people getting their interview already and was confused, I hadn't heard anything yet.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:53 PM, sprinklegirl27 said:

Montreal also received our case on March 20th and I submitted DS160, we still haven't received Packet 3 from Montreal Consulate yet though so we're just waiting and waiting and waiting :( 

23 hours ago, sprinklegirl27 said:

I did the same thing, I had read about people never receiving their Packet 3's so I got paranoid and sent in the DS160 barcode, passport & checklist. However they emailed me back two days later saying :

"Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, and upon completion, we will contact you accordingly. In the meantime, carefully note that you are not required to send your Packet 3 documents, and also not eligible to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions. We hope this information is helpful to you and thank you for your understanding."

So frustrating! 

Yes! I had to get them to change my address, so they did that and put that little blurb at the bottom of their response today. So.. I'm assuming I just wait. I already did my DS-160 as well, so just sitting here now!

7 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

So an officer has been assigned our case (again) to get to the bottom of the mission RFE. My partners congressman is also getting involved now. 

Oh good luck you guys! I can't wait for you to have movement!

8/6/17 - K-1 Sent

8/11/17 - NOA1 Received 

2/14/18 - NOA2 Received

5/16/18 - Medical

5/22/18 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sleepless.Seattle said:

Update:  08/08/2017 filer, embassy approval 03/26/2018 !   

We are very happy and relieved!!

Details below, embassy is Helsinki.

USCIS appoved 2/26

NVC received 3/6 (digitally), NVC case # on 3/14.  That included a federal holiday and two days closure due to severe storms. 

It arrived at the embassy 3/19.  My fiance received his packet 3 on 3/19 as well.  Interviews were available within one week.

The packet 3 was very similar to many others posted online.  For the prior 8 weeks he had been working on all the items he expected in it, including vaccinations.

Medical 3/14, bloodwork was done 3/21, he picked up the sealed envelope with medical results on 3/22.  

Interview was 3/26 and we are approved!

Two brief interview questions:  how did we meet, and when are we getting married.  Plus 30 minutes of administrative processing.

Helsinki sends visa and docs by mail.  We are hoping to get it before the long Easter weekend shutdown.

Huge THANK YOU to all who are posting facts and data on VJ !!

It has been very helpful in understanding the process and timeline.   

CONGRATULATIONS!
I think you're our first August interview approval!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, KAF said:

Question: As I am waiting for our noa2 letter, should I start gathering all the requirements for nvc processing? 

My fiance is from the Philippines but moved to Canada to work and been there for 3 yrs now. Does she still need to get an NBI clearance from PH or just the Police clearance from canada? I saw it said “places you lived 6mos or more since age 16”. 

need NBI , can go to Philippine embassy and fill out the nbi form, then authorize someone in the phils to pick it up and send it to Canada, we did the same thing but for Taiwan. 

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Hello, my fellow Augustine's! Praying that you'll receive your noa2s this week. :wub: Good luck to everyone!

@Vholde346 I hope you'll here something very soon. :wub:

@DennisWaldron Have you sent the pics yet? I can't wait for you guys to be approved! ^_^

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

41 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Hello, my fellow Augustine's! Praying that you'll receive your noa2s this week. :wub: Good luck to everyone!

@Vholde346 I hope you'll here something very soon. :wub:

@DennisWaldron Have you sent the pics yet? I can't wait for you guys to be approved! ^_^

Thanks,

Yes sent Pics :)

They will be there today.

Hoping it wont take them too long  to review and aprrove.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Would love to make it into March approvals, fingers and toes crossed for myself and all others still waiting!!!

Edited by streanor

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.