TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, Woodrow said:

Hello everyone,

just an update from a fellow August filer. We received our February 13th NOA2 approval in the mail and since then everything has been email. The Montreal Consulate seems to use the electronic processing which I feel has been faster at least in our situation. Our case number was provided by the NVC in less than two weeks. When signing up for our interview we were provided 2 dates to choose from. Both Wednesdays by the way. We now have our interview scheduled for the end of April and are super excited. 

The help and and support we gained from reading this website has been invaluable. 

Thanks everyone. 

Congrats !!! So NVC took 2 weeks from your approval date exactly?? We just got our approval   Too 🙂

49 minutes ago, moresmiles said:

Congrats !!! So NVC took 2 weeks from your approval date exactly?? We just got our approval   Too 🙂

It was very close if not exact. Started calling after a week. They told us to use prompt 5 instead of prompt 7 since we got a email that we were “expedited”. Think that had to with electronic processing. 🧐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 1:55 AM, Michell213 said:

I'm from the month of August, my boyfriend was sent a runner asking for more evidence specifically a letter where I swore that my intent is to marry him for 90 days I would like. We sent the letter yesterday 22 how long does it take to approve after this?

In our case it was two weeks

8 hours ago, Woodrow said:

Hello everyone,

just an update from a fellow August filer. We received our February 13th NOA2 approval in the mail and since then everything has been email. The Montreal Consulate seems to use the electronic processing which I feel has been faster at least in our situation. Our case number was provided by the NVC in less than two weeks. When signing up for our interview we were provided 2 dates to choose from. Both Wednesdays by the way. We now have our interview scheduled for the end of April and are super excited. 

The help and and support we gained from reading this website has been invaluable. 

Thanks everyone. 

Great news! May I ask: how long did you wait to hear back from Montreal after NVC expedited your case to them? (My NOA2 was Feb 23rd, and Montreal received our case on March 20th. We submitted the DS160).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Helloooooo Everyone!!!!

---- Repost from Sept

We finally said a nice goodbye to our long waiting May filers this week by them getting their noa2s,

Hope next week we can have the same for Junies as well!!!

Now with the weeklies!

Weekly Overall Movement :

June     July     Aug.     Sept    Total
03/19/18 35 51 83 115 284
03/20/18 6 15 36 101 158
03/21/18 21 35 91 181 328
03/22/18 23 42 63 207 335
03/23/18 15 27 52 75 169
Total 100 170 325 679 1274

Weekly Overall Movement - Approvals Only :

June      July     Aug.     Sept    Total
03/19/18 15 23 22 79 139
03/20/18 2 5 7 17 31
03/21/18 12 27 66 116 221
03/22/18 11 21 35 111 178
03/23/18 4 19 26 64 113
Total 44 95 156 387 682

Monthly Status and Numbers :

Please remember, There are quite a number of December cases that does not appear due to validation errors.

And that there are also many cases that look still virgins on case tracker system because of the old system and Silent NOA2s that were happening.

June       July        Aug       Sept        Oct        Nov        Dec      Total
Approved 1798 1408 1202 649 2 1   5060
Virgins 871 1161 1490 2039 3732 3304 3297 15894
Touched 953 821 952 594 135 67 28 3550
Excluded 419 406 431 316 273 205 184 2234
Total 4041 3796 4075 3598 4142 3577 3509 26738

image.png.d8014c14c6ab9f3a7652736c8cfbcfde.png

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question: As I am waiting for our noa2 letter, should I start gathering all the requirements for nvc processing? 

My fiance is from the Philippines but moved to Canada to work and been there for 3 yrs now. Does she still need to get an NBI clearance from PH or just the Police clearance from canada? I saw it said “places you lived 6mos or more since age 16”. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, KAF said:

Question: As I am waiting for our noa2 letter, should I start gathering all the requirements for nvc processing? 

My fiance is from the Philippines but moved to Canada to work and been there for 3 yrs now. Does she still need to get an NBI clearance from PH or just the Police clearance from canada? I saw it said “places you lived 6mos or more since age 16”. 

There are no required documents for NVC processing in k1 cases. Those are for the embassy stage. But yes especially starting police certificates can be advised.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Naes said:

There are no required documents for NVC processing in k1 cases. Those are for the embassy stage. But yes especially starting police certificates can be advised.

Clearances are usually valid only for 6 mos. I am afraid that it may expire before everything is done. So does she still need NBI clearance or just the Canada police clearance?

Also, do I have to wait till the paper goes to embassy before i get papers from banks and work? I am just thinking about the dates that will be written. Does it need to be really recent?

NVC processing is usually how long now? 

Too many questions but it feels scary now that we moved on to the next process.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KAF said:

Clearances are usually valid only for 6 mos. I am afraid that it may expire before everything is done. So does she still need NBI clearance or just the Canada police clearance?

Also, do I have to wait till the paper goes to embassy before i get papers from banks and work? I am just thinking about the dates that will be written. Does it need to be really recent?

NVC processing is usually how long now? 

Too many questions but it feels scary now that we moved on to the next process.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I got my clearances already and all financial papers too. (Dates march for a possible interview of May) 

Because it sometimes takes longer than 2 weeks to get depending on the country. NVC stage is only 2 weeks. And everyone says after noa2 things move way faster. You can chose to wait and start it after noa2.

she will need clearance from every country she lived longer than 6 months after the age of 16.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Naes said:

I got my clearances already and all financial papers too. (Dates march for a possible interview of May) 

Because it sometimes takes longer than 2 weeks to get depending on the country. NVC stage is only 2 weeks. And everyone says after noa2 things move way faster. You can chose to wait and start it after noa2.

she will need clearance from every country she lived longer than 6 months after the age of 16.

Thanks Naes.

So i know they said we can call NVC to ask for case number. So what do I do next after getting the case number? Fill up DS-160 or wait till everything reaches the embassy? 

This is the process that i am looking at:

1. Noa1

2. NOA2

3. NVC- get case number

4. Embassy- applu DS-160

5. Medical

6. Interview

7 .visa

8.POE

is that right? 

22 hours ago, emekus94 said:

It's tough to say.
We don't really know a case is being adjudicated until it explicitly says so and even when that happens, it doesn't really mean u will get an answer anytime soon. 

SO I wouldn't really worry about whether the new site says it or not.
Calling USCIS a few times a week and seeing if u can get a helpful Tier II might be more useful

How do you get to reach a Tier II person? Do you just ask when you reach the first agent or are there key phrases to use?

I also just noticed the processing here :

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent  are moving on a daily basis now instead of being fixed like they were before.  Yesterday it was August 26 2017 and today it is august 27 2016.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Clinton0 said:

How do you get to reach a Tier II person? Do you just ask when you reach the first agent or are there key phrases to use?

I also just noticed the processing here :

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent  are moving on a daily basis now instead of being fixed like they were before.  Yesterday it was August 26 2017 and today it is august 27 2016.

When you call the regular USCIS line (USCIS - 800-375-5283) the person that answers is Tier I
They will tell you what you can know yourself. Your case is received, blah blah blah

Kindly tell them that you have been waiting a long time and would really like any information that is helpful on your case and that  you would like to be transferred to Tier II/their supervisor.
Many say that asking Tier I something they can't answer (i.e. Is my case being adjudicated, have the background checks cleared) will prompt them to transfer you to Tier II that can answer that question. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, KAF said:

Thanks Naes.

So i know they said we can call NVC to ask for case number. So what do I do next after getting the case number? Fill up DS-160 or wait till everything reaches the embassy? 

This is the process that i am looking at:

1. Noa1

2. NOA2

3. NVC- get case number

4. Embassy- applu DS-160

5. Medical

6. Interview

7 .visa

8.POE

is that right? 

Your steps are theoretically correct. But the pace of those steps depend on each embassy
I suggest after NOA2, everyone visit their country's forum here on VJ/ask older forum members from the same country and figure out what it is you need to do.
For some countries, you don't do anything. They contact you after NVC to schedule your interview etc.

I think Canada is one of those countries where you don't do anything until the embassy contacts you with further instructions after they receive your case from NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.