August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
49 minutes ago, William 36875 said:

We got our NOA2 !! 

Aug 11 NOA1

March 22 NOA2

Needless to say, I have a fiance that is extremely excited that things are finally moving forward and went strait to FB posting about it to everyone. But without delay, there's always one person that has to pour cold water on anything good...

Someone decided to poke a little fun and told her that she had to get completely undress for the physical.... and that your not given a gown to put on!!  Then said the Dr. was going to be (poking around down there)... Gotta love the crab mentality of some people... 

Anyway, I can't see that being the case at all, but she a Filipina and is very Conservative so its not been fun... for either of us...

If anyone can help me out with info on this it would make my weekend a lot easier ...... 

Are they asked to get completely undress for the physical??

If so, can anyone tell me exactly what they are going to be doing?? 

Are they given a gown to put on?? 

Can she ask for a Female Dr?? 

Sometimes I really think this whole process can be a little dehumanizing  to us all....

There are many Fiipinos on VJ.  Ask under the Philippines subgroup and you can be sure to get a better answer from those that have gone through it.
And they can also tell you exactly what to expect so your fiance can be better prepared :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

There are many Fiipinos on VJ.  Ask under the Philippines subgroup and you can be sure to get a better answer from those that have gone through it.
And they can also tell you exactly what to expect so your fiance can be better prepared :D

thank you.... I will try anything at this point... lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, William 36875 said:

thank you.... I will try anything at this point... lol

It's a stressful process. Lol
Everyone just has to breathe. We will all make it through!

Edited by emekus94

Timeline

It's a stressful process. Lol
Everyone just has to breathe. We will all make it through!

I saw your other post where you said to look under your country so I was already looking... but Im a real rookie when it comes to this.... i cant seem to find anything :(   I know its got to be here... any suggestions??  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Your steps are theoretically correct. But the pace of those steps depend on each embassy
I suggest after NOA2, everyone visit their country's forum here on VJ/ask older forum members from the same country and figure out what it is you need to do.
For some countries, you don't do anything. They contact you after NVC to schedule your interview etc.

I think Canada is one of those countries where you don't do anything until the embassy contacts you with further instructions after they receive your case from NVC

I see. Thank you for the information. I am just so nervous i want to make sure i can do whatever it needs to be done so we don’t have to wait so long again. Journey to noa2 was rough. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, William 36875 said:

I saw your other post where you said to look under your country so I was already looking... but Im a real rookie when it comes to this.... i cant seem to find anything :(   I know its got to be here... any suggestions??  

Well what I meant was go to the Philippines sub forum and then ask your question there.
The other option is to just ask the question on the general forum and indicate it is for the Philippines.

The reason I suggest that is these monthly forums are for everybody, and we're all trying to help each other but the reality is, when you want something specific like you're asking, it's more likely someone here will give you inaccurate information, not because they mean harm but simply because our experiences will not line up.

If you can't find the Philippines sub-forum, just go ask your question in an older thread like June/July. Because the people there surely has gone through their medicals. I don't think many in August have reached that stage yet. 
Hope that helps!

Timeline

Well what I meant was go to the Philippines sub forum and then ask your question there.
The other option is to just ask the question on the general forum and indicate it is for the Philippines.

The reason I suggest that is these monthly forums are for everybody, and we're all trying to help each other but the reality is, when you want something specific like you're asking, it's more likely someone here will give you inaccurate information, not because they mean harm but simply because our experiences will not line up.

If you can't find the Philippines sub-forum, just go ask your question in an older thread like June/July. Because the people there surely has gone through their medicals. I don't think many in August have reached that stage yet. 
Hope that helps!

Okay .... I will try that

thank you so much :) 

have a great rest of your weekend !!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Woodrow said:

Hello everyone,

just an update from a fellow August filer. We received our February 13th NOA2 approval in the mail and since then everything has been email. The Montreal Consulate seems to use the electronic processing which I feel has been faster at least in our situation. Our case number was provided by the NVC in less than two weeks. When signing up for our interview we were provided 2 dates to choose from. Both Wednesdays by the way. We now have our interview scheduled for the end of April and are super excited. 

The help and and support we gained from reading this website has been invaluable. 

Thanks everyone. 

Hello!

Fellow August/Canadian filer here. We got our NOA2 on February 15, number from NVC on March 2 and then our case left NVC on March 13 and our status changed to READY on March 20. How long did it take for the Montreal Consulate to email you your Packet 3? We still haven't received anything from them and I was getting a little paranoid because I'd read previous filers hadn't ever received anything and eventually just found the Packet 3 online and sent it in themselves. I've also heard wait times for interviews in Montreal were really long but I'm so glad to see you guys got in pretty fast! I haven't seen many Canadian's on here so its nice to have someone with a similar timeline. 

TIA

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hbomb said:

Great news! May I ask: how long did you wait to hear back from Montreal after NVC expedited your case to them? (My NOA2 was Feb 23rd, and Montreal received our case on March 20th. We submitted the DS160).

Montreal also received our case on March 20th and I submitted DS160, we still haven't received Packet 3 from Montreal Consulate yet though so we're just waiting and waiting and waiting :( 

7 minutes ago, sprinklegirl27 said:

Hello!

Fellow August/Canadian filer here. We got our NOA2 on February 15, number from NVC on March 2 and then our case left NVC on March 13 and our status changed to READY on March 20. How long did it take for the Montreal Consulate to email you your Packet 3? We still haven't received anything from them and I was getting a little paranoid because I'd read previous filers hadn't ever received anything and eventually just found the Packet 3 online and sent it in themselves. I've also heard wait times for interviews in Montreal were really long but I'm so glad to see you guys got in pretty fast! I haven't seen many Canadian's on here so its nice to have someone with a similar timeline. 

TIA

Hello,

We eventually received packet three and four by email but moved ahead without them since we found online. Once we sent in the barcode from the DS-160, checklist and copy of passport we scheduled the interview the next day. We had two options about a month out. It’s been pretty easy and fast compared to the wait for the NOA2. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Woodrow said:

Hello,

We eventually received packet three and four by email but moved ahead without them since we found online. Once we sent in the barcode from the DS-160, checklist and copy of passport we scheduled the interview the next day. We had two options about a month out. It’s been pretty easy and fast compared to the wait for the NOA2. 

I did the same thing, I had read about people never receiving their Packet 3's so I got paranoid and sent in the DS160 barcode, passport & checklist. However they emailed me back two days later saying :

"Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, and upon completion, we will contact you accordingly. In the meantime, carefully note that you are not required to send your Packet 3 documents, and also not eligible to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions. We hope this information is helpful to you and thank you for your understanding."

So frustrating! 

1 hour ago, sprinklegirl27 said:

I did the same thing, I had read about people never receiving their Packet 3's so I got paranoid and sent in the DS160 barcode, passport & checklist. However they emailed me back two days later saying :

"Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, and upon completion, we will contact you accordingly. In the meantime, carefully note that you are not required to send your Packet 3 documents, and also not eligible to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions. We hope this information is helpful to you and thank you for your understanding."

So frustrating! 

Haha! that’s the exact same email I received after sending them a completed packet 3 by email the day after they received our case. Hopefully we’ll hear something a little more constructive from them soon. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Hbomb said:

Haha! that’s the exact same email I received after sending them a completed packet 3 by email the day after they received our case. Hopefully we’ll hear something a little more constructive from them soon. 

Good to know I'm not the only one!!! Fingers crossed we hear back from them this week!

11 hours ago, William 36875 said:

We got our NOA2 !! 

Aug 11 NOA1

March 22 NOA2

Needless to say, I have a fiance that is extremely excited that things are finally moving forward and went strait to FB posting about it to everyone. But without delay, there's always one person that has to pour cold water on anything good...

Someone decided to poke a little fun and told her that she had to get completely undress for the physical.... and that your not given a gown to put on!!  Then said the Dr. was going to be (poking around down there)... Gotta love the crab mentality of some people... 

Anyway, I can't see that being the case at all, but she a Filipina and is very Conservative so its not been fun... for either of us...

If anyone can help me out with info on this it would make my weekend a lot easier ...... 

Are they asked to get completely undress for the physical?? - A BIG, BIG NOPE! She is most likely to undergo chest x-ray. They will tell her to remove her shirt and be given a gown, or shirt on without bra and would be given a gown. She will also do blood tests, urine test and vaccinations which doesn't require her to undress. St. Luke's in the Philippines is a top hospital and will never do such atrocities. 

If so, can anyone tell me exactly what they are going to be doing?? 

Are they given a gown to put on?? 

Can she ask for a Female Dr?? - I assure you that the medical team in that hospital are all professionals. You may research about St. Luke's hospital for further info. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

Sometimes I really think this whole process can be a little dehumanizing  to us all....

That is plain rude, whoever did that to your fiancee. I can't believe such people exists.

Edited by NICK & PAULA

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 5:00 PM, streanor said:

Wow!! Congratulations!!

I'm starting to feel pretty down as my fiancé and I approach 7 months, but you're a huge inspiration!!! You deserve a massive celebration now.. pop that bubbly ;)

Hey! Don't worry you will receive it super soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.