julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, kas634 said:

A week is appropriate, some people get their cases in less than 10 days. And FH just just means "future husband", sorry :) but I feel you, I just want this process to be over already..

Can I ask where you saw that Montreal sets our interview? My call with the embassy and all other information has indicated otherwise, but perhaps I'm wrong

I am looking at the website for us embassy in canada. 

“‘Most immigrant visa applicants are scheduled for interview by NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
49 minutes ago, h&y said:

How long did it take you to get the case #? Congrats! :)

Thanks!  Ya know, I'm not sure - NOA2 was 3/14 so I was gonna call tomorrow, then we figured why not check today.  So less than 2 weeks :).  

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

1 hour ago, KatziGuthmann said:

Awwww I'm sorry, but Helsinki was so much cheaper than Stockholm!! 😄and my fiancée is learning Finnish...

but but but but her great great great grandfather was Swedish, she has a Swedish last name, and I have taken Swedish classes for a semester and am gonna start them again in the US. And I'm also the biggest fan of Astrid Lindgren in this country 😄 does it make me look better in your eyes? XD

It does actually :D Haha just joking, but that's really cool though! I'm especially proud that you're learning Swedish. It is such a small country, usually people don't think it's worth the time or effort to learn the language. I actually have an American friend who started taking Russian language classes pretty early on, is now fluent and has done at least one internship and I think one exchange in Moscow. Russian was always on my list, along with French and Persian. All three are such cool languages to me B-) Are you guys calling the NVC today by the way?

h

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KAF said:

I am looking at the website for us embassy in canada. 

“‘Most immigrant visa applicants are scheduled for interview by NVC

The CEAC page where you check your case number also states this, but this is the site where I was directed to go by the embassy to schedule the interview:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kas634 said:

The CEAC page where you check your case number also states this, but this is the site where I was directed to go by the embassy to schedule the interview:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

Yeaaah i remember that. My fiance used that website duirng her application for tourist visa. I think it’s a good thing that Canada uses the online now. Seems faster than waiting for a snail mail.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LizM said:

It does actually :D Haha just joking, but that's really cool though! I'm especially proud that you're learning Swedish. It is such a small country, usually people don't think it's worth the time or effort to learn the language. I actually have an American friend who started taking Russian language classes pretty early on, is now fluent and has done at least one internship and I think one exchange in Moscow. Russian was always on my list, along with French and Persian. All three are such cool languages to me B-) Are you guys calling the NVC today by the way?

I really love the way Swedish sounds! Hopefully someday I'll be able to say something besides "Pojken dricker mjölk" xD Oh and I'm always here if you decide to start Russian and need some help *hint hint* xD my fiancée started learning some Russian (just with me, so now she knows a bunch of random words and makes really funny sentences like "Weird, I'm still a bug") 

oh we gor our case number on 23rd! Still shows "At NVC", hopefully it will be sent to Moscow this week! Do you already have your case number?

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We have our case number from the NVC now!  Spoke to Angus at NVC.  He seemed genuinely happy to relay the news.  He provided the number and then gave a 2 minute explanation of the next steps in the process.  When he finished, I said I was sorry I wouldn't need to talk to him again.  He laughed and said I can call any time because they are always happy to talk to people about their case status.  Wow . . . such a refreshing change from USCIS! - Jason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
35 minutes ago, LizM said:

:o I am jealous! And very happy to hear :wub: 

Aww thank you! The Ghana embassy can be...problematic, so I'm just trying to be happy for every small victory and not worry about the what-ifs.  I'm sure you'll get yours soon!  

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

1 hour ago, LizM said:

Yay happy for you :D

Do you call on your cell phone line? Or is it possible to use Skype or similar to call the NVC? I only have my company phone and I don't feel comfortable using it to make international calls... :ph34r:

luckily i have a unlimited calling plan to all countries and can call as much as i want - which is no bueno! lol

and usually company phones do have international plans! check with your local IT to confirm :D so you don't feel guilty!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Update: finally got my case number, on the phone. 10 days and a lot of stress after NVC received it.

NOA1: July 24th

NOA2: March 2nd

NVC received: March 16th

NVC case assigned by phone: March 26th 

Interview: sometime in May? boo 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

What is this "Group 5" thing people keep referring?

Let me make sure I understand this right -

1. Call NVC to check that it's been received, once received they will then assign a case number.

2. Use that number to login CEAC where I can check the status (and begin filling out the D 160 form?)

3. When marked "READY" we can schedule the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

What is this "Group 5" thing people keep referring?

Let me make sure I understand this right -

1. Call NVC to check that it's been received, once received they will then assign a case number.

2. Use that number to login CEAC where I can check the status (and begin filling out the D 160 form?)

3. When marked "READY" we can schedule the interview

Group 5 means if when you ring NVC and dial option 7, to talk to a person, they’ll say “please ring back any dial option 5”. That means your embassy will receive stuff electronically and you are “group 5”

Edited by marinapoli
Typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
16 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Hey my sweetie! I really hope and pray that you and @Thelucybelle will have your case numbers soon! :wub:

I’m thinking it’s going to be a great week for all of us!!!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.