pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TiggerTB said:

How do you all cope with the wait?  I'm so aggravated and stressed seeing April filers being approved when ours was the end of March and still nothing. We are really hoping for Christmas/NYE together here at Disney.

Stay busy and don't think about it. Best advice.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, TiggerTB said:

How do you all cope with the wait?  I'm so aggravated and stressed seeing April filers being approved when ours was the end of March and still nothing. We are really hoping for Christmas/NYE together here at Disney.

Same here, we are mid March, and still nothing...tryin to keep myself busy and not think about it

1 hour ago, TiggerTB said:

You have set your expectations so high that when you check and there is no updates to your case then you feel let down which means you have fallen from the high expectations to disappointment. You look at things here on VJ that will give you the most stress.  I have posted so many tools of how to limit your time and disappointment and yet get timely updates to your case and those that are similar timelines. Using them is up to you.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

14 hours ago, rye_212 said:

heh heh.  Its like the early stages of xFactor or American Idol.   You guys are advanced from this group down the corridor to the next room!!

It's more like a hospital, once finished with one patient then you move down to the next ER cubicle to start again. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

USCIS received our case on March 29th... and yesterday we got an RFE! Apparently my birth certificate wasn't enough to prove my citizenship for some reason. I sent them a copy of my passport, but I'm frustrated. This is gonna add a delay.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

I'm sorry you're so stressed :(. But honestly this part of the process takes up to 7 months typically now as I was told even before I filed-- so hang in there. However, I don't know for absolute certain, but I don't think the end of your process will be here by December. I am only saying that based on what my lawyer has told me and what I've noticed in how long its been taking for most people to get through the entire process. The average now is 10-12 months to get  through the entire process from beginning to end. Even the next part after we receive the NOA2 it takes now up to 8 weeks sometimes to even receive a case number. And then of course there's a few more things we need to get done like more paperwork, having the fiancee see the required doctor, then the visa interview. And even after the visa interview sometimes it takes a couple weeks to get the visa. I am not saying any of this to discourage you or make you feel bad, I am only saying these things because it was truly helpful to me to know the facts and information so I knew my true reality. I don't want to be in dream land or anxiously waiting on something when it most likely is going to take a while. Now there's a chance things go way quicker than we think-- however if you look at the facts and the timelines of most people from 2018, its going to be a while still. So maybe its not such a good idea to count on NYE together, but awesome if it ends up that way! The most important thing to look at is in the end you'll be together. And you can't change the process to get there, so just try your very best to relax and let it happen. Don't worry and don't stress over it. Easier said than done, but its not worth wasting your life these next few months feeling awful or worried when you can't change anything. :)

Yeah, this is important. We just got NOA2 this week and we are planning on a January POE at earliest. NVC and consulate stage is going to take 3 to 4 more months for most people. Especially since many consulates will be closed sometimes for various holidays this time of year and that slows things down too as well. It's better to have low expectations in this process. It would be better to be surprised if it takes less time than you thought it would rather than be upset that it's taking longer.  

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Yeah, this is important. We just got NOA2 this week and we are planning on a January POE at earliest. NVC and consulate stage is going to take 3 to 4 more months for most people. Especially since many consulates will be closed sometimes for various holidays this time of year and that slows things down too as well. It's better to have low expectations in this process. It would be better to be surprised if it takes less time than you thought it would rather than be upset that it's taking longer.  

True about the next stage taking 3-4 months. I recently asked my lawyer is predictions on about how much longer we have to wait until my fiance can be here. He said he would not expect him to be here for another 4-6 months after my RFE is approved. So that means we've got to wait somewhere between Feb and April. We just went 7-8 months without seeing eachother... why not wait another half of a year?! lol! ;) Either way, its been helping me not be anxious because I have the perspective its going to be a while. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Glad to hear u see it this way. Many want the "now" effect. It happens when it happens.

if people would set there expectations low there would be less people flipping out over something that they have no control over!!!

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Received our RFE yesterday. Apparently they didn't receive my fiance's proof of US citizenship, and my divorce decree. 2 pieces of vital information that I know for certain were in the package.. smh. 
Ahwell, it's not difficult to resend them in, just an unfortunate little hiccup. 

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We got a case update today, I was pretty excited - but when I checked the status, I learned that we got a Request for Evidence. :(

Did anyone have success with calling to find out what the RFE was for, or will we just have to wait?

K-1 Visa

03/13/2018 - Submitted

02/12/2019 - Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ana_and_Derek said:

We got a case update today, I was pretty excited - but when I checked the status, I learned that we got a Request for Evidence. :(

Did anyone have success with calling to find out what the RFE was for, or will we just have to wait?

I tried and was told it was impossible by both a tier1 and tier2 rep. Have to wait for hard copy in the mail. Got mine in 5 days. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alan&Alex said:

I tried and was told it was impossible by both a tier1 and tier2 rep. Have to wait for hard copy in the mail. Got mine in 5 days. 

What number did you call?  Are they still open right now? 

3 hours ago, Ekau said:

Helllppp please.

200 days and nothing, ugh. Who do I call? Who can I talk to? How long more to wait...😢

It's been running about 220 to 250 days for approval. So a little more patience. Why call when you are shy of the averages. The approval of your application depends solely on what you submitted and largely on the background checks. Background checks take time.

This is for USCIS

Option 1:

Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.

Option 2:

Dial 1-866-953-7684

Option 3:

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to continue to English

Press 2 for case status

Press 1 if you know your receipt number

Press your receipt number 922(WAC) then your numeric receipt number

Option 4:

Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1.

Checking on your embassy case number from NVC:

It will take 7 - 10 business days for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in their system and produce your case number.  Call 7:00 am eastern time for shorter wait times.

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead of after they receive your case.)

Best time to call:

Right after they open which is around 7:00 pm Philippine time/ 7:00 am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. I was always able to have the phone answered after the first ring if I called right at 7 am.

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

Website: www.immigrantvisas.state.govwww.immigrantvisas.state.gov  

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov    I highly recommend you email NVC for the case #, even if you call and get it, this will give you a correspondence from NVC with the case # for future reference.  The email request for your MNL # is also a great way to track when your file is forwarded to USEM as NVC will not reply to the email until that time. 

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case-specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

--- Use this site to check when your file ships from NVC to your Embassy:  State Dept. visa tracking:  https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.