killadocg23

Rapid visa?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a DIY website.  Most everyone here is doing it themselves, which is possible except in the most complicated of situations.  Read the guides on the process. 

YMMV

18 minutes ago, payxibka said:

This is a DIY website.  Most everyone here is doing it themselves, which is possible except in the most complicated of situations.  Read the guides on the process. 

Thanks where can I find these guides? Sorry for all the questions

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, killadocg23 said:

Thanks where can I find these guides? Sorry for all the questions

Thanks 

Top of every page

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Several people have commented that they used them or an immigration attorney and were pleased.  It depends on whether the fees are worth it to you or not.  The paperwork takes time and shouldn't be rushed.  Just Google Visajourney + form # you are working on.  Or the step.  Or visajourney + your question, it's likely been asked before. 

That said, some people get into a pickle early on by carelessness. 

Top "fatal" errors:

The name.  Transposing first/middle/last names of either party.  Also in cases of adoption or divorce, not having access to necessary records to show a name change.  If you are divorcing, finalize it before filing visa paperwork.  You don't have to but it can save delays down the road. But if you have name changes from birth certificate, to passport to marriage certificate, get a hold of the documents that show how and when the change occurred. 

Omitting any arrest, no matter how minor. 

Omitting children on the biographical forms.  Even if they aren't immigrating with you. 

Mailing in original documents.  Never mail them in, as you bring them to the interview to verify. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

there's also tons of posts with the same question, you should try searching the forum should be lots of results.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Raid Visa totally messed up a VJ members petition and refused to refund or sort it out, they said basically there are not Lawyers so tough.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 hours ago, killadocg23 said:

Hi,

Had anybody used rapid visa with success? Is there any other places that can help with the paper work besides them? Or can some one point me in the best direction or have a GOOD guide how to file paper work in General? 

Thanks 

You can do the paperwork by yourself. Read the guides provided. Since the paperwork is all about you, you will be more careful doing it. Hire someone you not even know to do the paperwork, they might take it for granted since whatever happened in that paperwork will not affect them, they still received their payment even when they made a mistake in the paperwork. 

here is the guide :

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/

Edited by Perfect two 💑

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

4 hours ago, Paul & Marina said:

For me the Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) was to hire an attorney. So, in the very near future that is my plan. 

Petitioner does all the work getting required paperwork, only thing a lawyer or visa assistance company can do is submit the application.  Getting the required paperwork is about 85% of the work, the rest is just assembling and filing out a few forms.  Back in the old day we had to use typewriters to fill in the paperwork, now of days you can do it online.  USCIS has made it very user friendly

Then from what I have seen is lawyer are not up on the latest information needed.  VJ is the most up to date on this.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have hired a visa service AND did all the research myself here. The outcome should be an excellent petition as the service has contributed its experience and I added what I learned here. To be honest, the service made some terrible mistakes and would have messed up our petition - up to a level of rejection - If we did not check and improve it. Lesson learned is: You may use any of those services , if you can afford it easily without pain, but you need to still check everything yourself.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Petitioner does all the work getting required paperwork, only thing a lawyer or visa assistance company can do is submit the application.  Getting the required paperwork is about 85% of the work, the rest is just assembling and filing out a few forms.  Back in the old day we had to use typewriters to fill in the paperwork, now of days you can do it online.  USCIS has made it very user friendly

Then from what I have seen is lawyer are not up on the latest information needed.  VJ is the most up to date on this.

USCIS only has one form submittable electronically not sure if that's what you meant

CR-1 Visa

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

7 hours ago, Paul & Marina said:

For me the Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) was to hire an attorney. So, in the very near future that is my plan. 

Ageee with Chris on the last bit; I spoke to a number of lawyers and eventually worked with one to put our case together/review it for any necessary corrections. He was not up-to-date with current info and ultimately I should have used this site as my reference (wasn't aware it existed at the time), as it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble. 

But, maybe you're getting a much better lawyer! I have had some who couldn't answer basic immigration questions (how does my Canadian fiance import his car with the K1) - I found examples and answers very easily here

Edited by kas634

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

28 minutes ago, MrHanky said:

USCIS only has one form submittable electronically not sure if that's what you meant

When I did my k1.  You had to print off a form and either hand write or type in the blanks spaces.

Now of days you can just fill in the forum online and print it off and sign it and submit it

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

32 minutes ago, kas634 said:

Ageee with Chris on the last bit; I spoke to a number of lawyers and eventually worked with one to put our case together/review it for any necessary corrections. He was not up-to-date with current info and ultimately I should have used this site as my reference (wasn't aware it existed at the time), as it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble. 

But, maybe you're getting a much better lawyer! I have had some who couldn't answer basic immigration questions (how does my Canadian fiance import his car with the K1) - I found examples and answers very easily here

Yeah this is the problem with lawyers is finding the right one, some are good, some its like a mill and they just want all the clients they can get.

But really people also need to keep in mind that not everyone is computer savy, I mean even on here I can't believe some of the basic questions people don't understand, but I guess I need to be more patient with that.

At my wifes interview there were a lot of older people, some from small towns and they were missing things and didn't know what they were.

CR-1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.