Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Seems like NYC is relatively fast after looking at timelines this year. Average seems to be somewhere between 5-8 months instead of 12+, which is pretty good. Hopefully that’ll get even better as the heat progresses.

Hi all,

I filled online N-400 on August 1,2022

biometric reused august 1,2022

Case actively reviewed as of august 1,2022

NYC office

I -751 still pending case transferred to another office that has jurisdiction .

Estimated time 7 months.

Timeline

I got my interview on August 9th in NYC and I was approved on the spot. My oath ceremony hasn't been scheduled yet though. I've read online that it can take anywhere between 3 to 6 weeks but I'm getting a bit worried. Is it worth reaching out to them at this point in time or am I just being impatient ^_^? Thanks!

On 9/1/2022 at 11:01 AM, vantango said:

Had my N400 interview in Manhattan on August 20. Approved on the spot, on Aug 23 Oath Ceremony notice appeared in online account, scheduled for Sept 28th.

AOS, 3 year rule,  March 2022 filler.

Congrats! Was your I-751 pending at the time of the interview? 

Spoiler

~~~~~~K1~~~~~~   

3 Apr 2017:        I-129f sent

5 Apr 2017:        NOA1 Received Date

10 Apr 2017:        NOA1 Notice Date

8 Aug 2017:        NOA 2 (120 days)

22 Aug 2017:        NVC received date

26 Aug 2017:        NVC left

28 Aug 2017:        Embassy Received

13 Sep 2017:       Medical Exam

25 Sep 2017:       Interview (Approved)

29 Sep 2017:        Visa Received

26 Jan 2018:         POE

02 Feb 2018:        Wedding

~~~~~~AOS/EAD/AP~~~~~~ 

15 Mar 2018: Received Date

20 Mar 2018: NOA Date

13 Apr  2018: Biometrics

14 Jun 2018: EAD Expedite

27 Jun 2018: EAD/ AP Approval

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

I registered on the site specifically to share my timeline NYC

Applied online - 03/7/2022

Bio- 04/8

Interview date -09/21

The interview was in Federal plaza. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The officer was a very nice lady. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. Now waiting for the oath. Good luck to all.

Timeline

Applied online July 25

Interview October 31 on Halloween 👻🎃

Looks like NYC doesn’t offer same day path ceremonies. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to schedule it after the interview, I assume that’s when people get their certificate of naturalization?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Filed: July 01, 2022

Biometrics reuse: July 01, 2022

Interview scheduled for: October 13, 2022

Field office: New York, NY 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Posted the same thing in the July thread but here it is again.

Had my interview today at the NYC field office and passed. I was in the building for less than 30 minutes total. Online already updated to being in line for the oath ceremony, so we’ll see when that is. Hopefully as soon as possible as I have a trip coming up. 

Just dropping this here since I have not heard of this before and it seems like a good change they are adopting in NYC. 

My wife had her interview under the 3 year rule in the Brooklyn field office (Federal Plaza 8th fl) on Friday (11/04) and she was approved on the spot. However, instead of having to wait for the usual oath scheduling, the oath was scheduled right there. She left with a letter stating date and time for the oath ceremony (in 2 weeks time).

Definitely much better than my months long wait "in line" a few years ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.