Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Kuz said:

Thank You did you take copies or orginal 

birth certificate n marriage certificate 

The USCIS needs to see the originals so always take the original and a copy of any certificate. The copies do not need to be certified or even color copies, but taking them with you speeds up the process as the IO does not need to step out to go to a shared copier, wait in line with other iOS doing the same, chit chat, and so on.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, Laniakean said:

The USCIS needs to see the originals so always take the original and a copy of any certificate. The copies do not need to be certified or even color copies, but taking them with you speeds up the process as the IO does not need to step out to go to a shared copier, wait in line with other iOS doing the same, chit chat, and so on.

Passed my interview thank you. 

On 11/15/2022 at 4:26 AM, NjK said:

Hi all,

I had my citizenship interview and passed.The officer sad that is going to update my pending I-751 case and send me the oath appointment letter for December or early January.My husband was with me at the interview and we were asked a lot of questions for pending  I-751.

Update my pending I-751 approved on December 2.

Oath ceremony scheduled for early January.

I had my interview last week. Officer said everything was great but, as I expected, she needed supervisor approval due to an incident in the distant past that meant I had to say “yes” to one of the questions you’d prefer to say “no” to.

just curious if anybody has any recent experience like this at the NYC office and if so how long did it take for the supervisor to review/approve?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Filed on sep22,2022. Fingerprints waived. Just checked my online account and interview has been scheduled for January. Brooklyn NY.

•  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 10:13 AM, HTM27 said:

I had my interview last week. Officer said everything was great but, as I expected, she needed supervisor approval due to an incident in the distant past that meant I had to say “yes” to one of the questions you’d prefer to say “no” to.

just curious if anybody has any recent experience like this at the NYC office and if so how long did it take for the supervisor to review/approve?

Any update on that? I'm in a similar situation (with an upcoming interview on Long Island), and my attorney says 2-3 months is the norm for that, though I've read a thread here where they were able to get supervisor approval at the end of the interview. 

5 minutes ago, LI Filer said:

Any update on that? I'm in a similar situation (with an upcoming interview on Long Island), and my attorney says 2-3 months is the norm for that, though I've read a thread here where they were able to get supervisor approval at the end of the interview. 

Only took a couple of weeks and I now have the path ceremony in mid January.

2 hours ago, Kuz said:

Had an oath yesterday .. Long Island filler 

I filled my case in October 

Congratulations! That is amazing. So fast!!

I live in Queens, I wonder if I can indicate to them that I'm being open interviewed at the Long Island office if it makes it faster (in the unsoliticed evidence option)

On 1/6/2023 at 2:00 PM, SS_SS said:

Congratulations! That is amazing. So fast!!

I live in Queens, I wonder if I can indicate to them that I'm being open interviewed at the Long Island office if it makes it faster (in the unsoliticed evidence option)

One of my friend lives in queens and she got interviewed n oath within 4 month 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, any news from NYC folks? I submitted Dec 30th and since then my 751 was moved and biometrics reapplied. Just wanted to get a sense of which month Queens NYC office is processing. Any queens folks here?

I have a trip abroad for two weeks, second and third week of May, and I’m hoping the interview will be either before or after that trip. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.