BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MandW said:

just so there is no surprises but I know 3 people (one as recent as last febuary) got k1 denied because petitioner was living with parents and he had a sponsor that qualified.

Well, that is disconcerting...what right do they have to deny someone who lives with their parents if you have sufficient income and sponsorship? 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MandW said:

Not only do the VO's look at if the petitioner meets the requirements but also if the person that is applying for the visa to go marry the petitioner will he/she be in financial hardship if she/he were granted a visa would that put them in a worse situation. 

If you live with mom and dad and no income , sponsor or not they will more than likely turn it down and besides why would "you" (speaking in general) would bring someone here to live with parents and/or no income. That's not fair to the fiancé.

I’ve known people to get approved even though they live with parents. Living with parents while making your own income isn’t a bad thing, it means you’re saving money. And it’s the fiancés decision to move, knowing what they’re getting into. I don’t see why you would get denied just for living at home w/ parents

17 minutes ago, BVGApeach said:

Well, that is disconcerting...what right do they have to deny someone who lives with their parents if you have sufficient income and sponsorship? 

Exactly. I have a six figure salary but due to traditions, live with my parents. 

Edited by deepakchani

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

I’ve known people to get approved even though they live with parents. Living with parents while making your own income isn’t a bad thing, it means you’re saving money. And it’s the fiancés decision to move, knowing what they’re getting into. I don’t see why you would get denied just for living at home w/ parents

I think they meant if you’re living with your parents with no income. Meaning your parents are completely and fully supporting you. If you’re living under your parents roof but still working to Support yourself (and your future spouse), then there shouldn’t be a real issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
47 minutes ago, MandW said:

Not only do the VO's look at if the petitioner meets the requirements but also if the person that is applying for the visa to go marry the petitioner will he/she be in financial hardship if she/he were granted a visa would that put them in a worse situation. 

If you live with mom and dad and no income , sponsor or not they will more than likely turn it down and besides why would "you" (speaking in general) would bring someone here to live with parents and/or no income. That's not fair to the fiancé.

.....that's certainly not true. I've met many people who have been approved who lived with their parents. There are many people (ex. students, like me) who still haven't been able to "have an income" but will eventually have one and who live with their parents for that reason (or because they want to, or because their parents are sick, or because of cultural traditions). If the fiancè is aware and fine with that and you have sponsors that will make sure you won't be in financial hardship then I see no reason for them to deny your visa because you live with your parents..

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This scares me the above comments, what if we are currently students, have a sponsorship, i live by myself have saved money from when i worked, but at the moment attending medical school and have student loans that provide me for yearly expenses too. ?? 

they would reject because of that? 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Jesus said:

This scares me the above comments, what if we are currently students, have a sponsorship, i live by myself have saved money from when i worked, but at the moment attending medical school and have student loans that provide me for yearly expenses too. ?? 

they would reject because of that? 

help!!

4 minutes ago, Katdonnie said:

I just got an email and text update that said my visa was approved and to expect the NOA2 in the mail!!! My NOA1 date was 7/21/17 and fiance is from the UK. Ah soo excited!! Best of luck everyone! :)

Omg congratulations!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!  I’m 31st July! That means we are sooooo close! I’m in the states atm and hoping we get it before I leave but I don’t think it’s going to happen!!! 

Edited by Tea_pgtips

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

10 minutes ago, Jesus said:

help!!

Just relax for now.  It is up to the CO at the time.  He makes the call so all we could do is guess.  Make sure you present yourself as a person who will be able to support your fiancé.  One of their main concerns is the beneficiary becoming  government dependent.  If they believe that the beneficiary will end up costing tax payers they will deny.  It is up to you to make sure the CO sees that you can support yourself and your partner.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
4 hours ago, P&R2017 said:

Hahahah OMG this is so similar to us... 

that's why I stay max... I say max.. 6hour without coming to the forum... 

but then it feels like I need my forumtine( nicotine) and I starting saying: baby... I'm tired... it's late here Im gonna try to have a nap... call in few hours LOL...

OMG is that cheating or our relationship is the. 6 of us... USCISApp, USCISwebsite, VJ, Informed delivery... He and I? ...

I guess at this point it's... LOL

Lmfao you guys! @Naes @P&R2017 SAME! my fiance got jealous and asked who im speaking with so much :whistle:

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Just relax for now.  It is up to the CO at the time.  He makes the call so all we could do is guess.  Make sure you present yourself as a person who will be able to support your fiancé.  One of their main concerns is the beneficiary becoming  government dependent.  If they believe that the beneficiary will end up costing tax payers they will deny.  It is up to you to make sure the CO sees that you can support yourself and your partner.  

Thank you! Im praying for you guys! 

A way i can defend my case is , well i will be a 3rd year medical student this summer. I also have good credit, i worked before applying to medical school after i graduated with my bachelors in biomedical sciences and even during my undergraduate studies i worked too. Also Could i bring bank statements to the interview when our time comes? 

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Thank you! Im praying for you guys! 

A way i can defend my case is , well i will be a 3rd year medical student this summer. I also have good credit, i worked before applying to medical school after i graduated with my bachelors in biomedical sciences and even during my undergraduate studies i worked too. Also Could i bring bank statements to the interview when our time comes? 

Just present that to the CO.  The original post here was a person living with parents with no income.  Your situation is very easily understood.  Just present that to the CO.  Maybe school IDs and even grades might be good to have with you.  It is better to have more than you need and not need it than be missing something they ask to see.  Remember it is all about becoming a government obligation.  Your situation seems very stable and should not raise red flags.  Just be open and honest but don't volunteer more info than they ask for.  You will be fine.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, deepakchani said:

Exactly. I have a six figure salary but due to traditions, live with my parents.

Thats even a plus since you get to save most of your intake :) and get blessings of your parents as well.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Katdonnie said:

I just got an email and text update that said my visa was approved and to expect the NOA2 in the mail!!! My NOA1 date was 7/21/17 and fiance is from the UK. Ah soo excited!! Best of luck everyone! :)

Congratulations!! Please take time to update your timeline as that will help those still waiting :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.