MinCharlie

Help! My fiance is not ready to get married after 8 months of waiting for K1 to be approve

107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Please don't post suicide threats. :( Also, if you give your men any suicide threads, I can see why he gets cold feet. It's a scary and emotionally draining argument. If you take one piece of advice from this forum, just a single piece, please, please, please take this one:

DON'T GIVE PEOPLE SUICIDE THREATS.

People really don't like it. Not your fiance, and not anybody on this forum.

However, "To love a married man is wrong but I was deceived for 3 years before I knew the truth." - this speaks tonns to me in the whole moral argument. The man was wrong. It was also his decision to get involved while still being married. You were deep into the relationship before discovering the truth. The responsibility lies with him.

It lies with her as well. It would have been responsible to leave him as soon as she found out he lied and is married.

If she acknowledges that and is accountable then she will not feel like a victim but like she made a conscious choice.

Everyone makes stupid choices in life but as long as we are real with ourselves and turn in another direction that is healthier for us

we will be ok.

Feeling victimized and without accountability will not bring us to a new path of emotional growth and therefore to a better life.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

To love a married man is wrong but I was deceived for 3 years before I knew the truth. I still love him very much because he is my first man. I am not sleeping around and I remain as a virgin until 26! I have never cheat and be faithful to this man for 14 years so I dont think he is worry I am going to be the one divorce him. I dont need money and I dont need to go to America. All I need is to be with the man I love dearly Believe me we went through A LOT.

I guess I deserve it and I better off just kill myself. I dont deserve to live if this is what you all want.

Thank you everyone

um @MinCharlie? no one here hates you or wants you to commit suicide--please know that and please don't misconstrue any of the advice given here as hate speech towards you. i know you're at a sensitive time in life right now. give life some time to happen and hold yourself blameless and with self love and hope.

nevertheless, you do realize that there is a morality factor at play here, right? i know he misled you about being married, but when you found out--you chose to continue in the affair. i have sympathy for you because i've been the young naive woman who didn't know how to tell that she was the sidepiece/other woman. i was devastated when i found out i'd been played like that and vowed never to help a man cheat. however, i've *also* been the wife who was deceived and abandoned and thrown out like trash once he found what he really wanted and i don't support helping men cheat. the fact that you love him so strongly was part of the reason why this 43 year old man picked a fresh young 26 year old to play games with 14 years ago--he knew he could manipulate you and did. however, what i had to learn was a hard truth for me and that was i do have agency in creating my own situations and lot in life. sometimes one has to step back and own our situations.

trust and believe, i *understand* the suicidal ideations, but that's the extreme hurt talking. i've been there--i got abandoned and had everything take from me in 2002 by my ex-husband. at times, it sometimes seems that death would be better than going through the withdrawal pangs from this relationship you've had so much invested into. i'm SO GLAD I DIDN'T GO THAT ROUTE--i'd be rotting in a grave and the dishonest liar i'd married would be happily living his new life with his new family. i'm here to tell you that it WILL GET BETTER. please don't give up on life for anything or anyone! please seek healing and solace with a health care professional, or spirituality or a reinvention of your life.

seriously I read every single post and everyone is encouraging her? really?

if the wife came on here and was speaking how her husband is traveling to another country sleeping with a woman and trying to get her to the states... what would everyone comments be? seriously?

I agree 100% with you guys. Couldn't have said it better myself!

@Maria & Seve, @Itsgonnabeworth it, and @Ebunoluwa, as a former abandoned wife, those thoughts went through my mind as well. i decided to have empathy and chalked the whole situation up to her being a naive young woman who met her first lover who, unfortunately did a serious mind-job on her and manipulated 14 years of his pleasure out of her. that's why i didn't approach this aspect in my first response. it was a late night post and i know that people in real pain often turn to message boards to seek solace when the thoughts in their minds become unbearable. in fact, at first i thought it was a quasi-trollish post designed to work people up and see who would respond and how--and i felt so bad for being such a cynic. after the last response though, i'm not sure i was entirely wrong. my spidey senses are tingling with this whole deal...on all sides.

Edited by trublubu2

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

7Jan15: received notification via email and text of receipt at TSC
9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
4Aug15 - checked CEAC site; finally "In Transit" (!!!)
7Aug15 - CEAC site says "Ready at Embassy (BGN)"
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

12Aug15 - 3rd email contact with BGN
13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
14Aug15 BGN received DHL visa interview request letter at 3pm...radio silence
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)
22sep15 - interview AND APPROVAL at BGN!
5OCT15 - VISA IN PASSPORT & IN HAND VIA DHL!!!! :dance:

October 23, 2015 - POE: San Juan, PR & BWI, Maryland!!
:wub::wub: December 11, 2015 - MARRIED! :wub::wub:

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey
18jan16 - 430pm - i-485 packet overnighted to Chicago via UPS

16feb16 - biometrics appointment

sometimes man needs to be alone inside his cave...to give him time to think.we suppose not to tell or convince them that we are the right person for them...give him the time and space he need to miss you. the more we insist ourselves to them the more they want to be away from us.

if one day he send you message that he misses you then thats the assurance you have him back...in his own decision.

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I judge infidelity and affairs as unproductive and that is my opinion. My sympathy is with the ex wife and children.

If anyone here had a spouse who has someone on the side I bet this thread would look extremely different.

This whole thing is not bona fide and the petition needs to be withdrawn.

This coddling is beyond me.

I agree 100%. Why are people coddling this woman and telling her to continue with a man who cheated on his wife for 14 years? Not to mention the fact that the OP had the affair knowing he was married with CHILDREN and has zero remorse that she was a party to breaking up his family. The man was never yours to begin with and he obviously does not want to get married, he told you straight out he doesn't want to.

Please don't post suicide threats, it isn't funny and if you are serious you need to get help. Losing a man is NEVER worth dying for, especially a man like this. If you continue to post about killing yourself I will contact authorities. I lost a family member to suicide and it is something I take very seriously. It isn't your fault he lied for 3 years or that you fell in love with him, but you can move on and get your life back and you will be so much better without a man who is putting you through this emotional rollercoaster

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

um @MinCharlie? no one here hates you or wants you to commit suicide--please know that and please don't misconstrue any of the advice given here as hate speech towards you. i know you're at a sensitive time in life right now. give life some time to happen and hold yourself blameless and with self love and hope.

nevertheless, you do realize that there is a morality factor at play here, right? i know he misled you about being married, but when you found out--you chose to continue in the affair. i have sympathy for you because i've been the young naive woman who didn't know how to tell that she was the sidepiece/other woman. i was devastated when i found out i'd been played like that and vowed never to help a man cheat. however, i've *also* been the wife who was deceived and abandoned and thrown out like trash once he found what he really wanted and i don't support helping men cheat. the fact that you love him so strongly was part of the reason why this 43 year old man picked a fresh young 26 year old to play games with 14 years ago--he knew he could manipulate you and did. however, what i had to learn was a hard truth for me and that was i do have agency in creating my own situations and lot in life. sometimes one has to step back and own our situations.

@Maria & Seve, @Itsgonnabeworth it, and @Ebuolova, as a former abandoned wife, those thoughts went through my mind as well. i decided to have empathy and chalked the whole situation up to her being a naive young woman who met her first lover who, unfortunately did a serious mind-job on her and manipulated 14 years of his pleasure out of her. that's why i didn't approach this aspect in my first response. it was a late night post and i know that people in real pain often turn to message boards to seek solace when the thoughts in their minds become unbearable. in fact, at first i thought it was a quasi-trollish post designed to work people up and see who would respond and how--and i felt so bad for being such a cynic. after the last response though, i'm not sure i was entirely wrong. my spidey senses are tingling with this whole deal...on all sides.

I agree she may have been naive in the beginning but when she realized he was already married, she continued to be with him despite wife and kids. Sorry, I don't have empathy for cheaters and the people who are with married people. He may have manipulated her, but she knew full well that he was someone else's husband.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Having been through a divorce, I can tell you it's a painful process and one of the things that strikes you as you emerge from it, is that you don't want to endure that pain and expenses again. It makes you want to really think about what you're doing and makes you hesitant to take that step again. If his divorce is fresh and it was a painful one then you should be sure that it's on his mind.

What I would suggest to you is that you accept his current state of mind and suggest to him that you've both invested a lot of time and effort into this relationship. That you don't have to get married right away. That you can come for the visa and really use it as a time to get to know each other and to decide if you're well suited to each other. You don't have to get married, though certainly that's the expectation. I have a good friend who brought his fiancee from Thailand twice, the first time they choose not to marry, the second time they did.

How you react is as important as how he's acting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stop judging them, people. Don't put more oil in a fire! All we know is some facts, but we don't know them in person.

To OP: 14 years long love doesn't fade away this simple. Leave him alone for a while, you are hurt, you have feelings too. Give him some time, wait till he reaches out for you. God knows what is in his mind right now. He will come back to you, I am sure. Or he is an absolute fool. Be strong, Girl. I was in a similar boat, I am with you.

How to tell others no judge thenin the same paragraph allude to the same? Calling him a fool is judging. Maybe he isn't a fool at all and knows far now than what we do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

listen everyone makes mistakes... im talking about how MOSTLY everyone on here is not even telling her she was wrong? the first 4 pages if not 5 people are encouraging her to give him space and let him breath. poor guy he just got divorced he needs time.. he was cheating on his wife for 14 years! that's my point in this whole matter. no he doesn't need space. no he doesn't need time to think. this HUSBAND traveled miles and miles away for 14 years with his wife and children at home and was sleeping with another woman. im not saying I want the girl to die. not at all. I don't think the guilt trip should be played here. she found out 3 years later. ok good she should of left him there. yes 3 years is hard. but OP understand how his wife feels? 14 years of your lfie wasted on a man that was living a double life. im sorry but for ME being a wife. how I would feel if I found out that my husband was leaving the country to be with another woman while im at home taking care of his children. I married for love. I don't do side chicks. never will , never have.

no I do not feel sorry for the OP because 1. she knew after the three years he was married 2. she continued on knowing he has a wife and children. no remorse? no sadness for his family? once again I do not wish death on your life and the guilt should of been felt long ago.

I wish you well and that you move on with your life. I really honestly do.

Edited by ItsGonnaBeWorthIt

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

No offense but you sound unstable. I sympathized with your initial post but after reading your follow up responses it's clear that you willingly continued to be with this man even after finding out that he was married with a family. As someone who will be getting married soon I can't condone nor accept that. The fact that after reading your posts people are still encouraging you is laughable. This is a forum that's supposed to encourage us to "rightfully" be with the one that we love, not break up families just to get a visa.

This man getting cold feet is probably karma for what you have been condoning all these years. I'm very surprised that you allowed this to go on so long. Quite frankly you have no one to blame but yourself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Having been through a divorce, I can tell you it's a painful process and one of the things that strikes you as you emerge from it, is that you don't want to endure that pain and expenses again. It makes you want to really think about what you're doing and makes you hesitant to take that step again. If his divorce is fresh and it was a painful one then you should be sure that it's on his mind.

What I would suggest to you is that you accept his current state of mind and suggest to him that you've both invested a lot of time and effort into this relationship. That you don't have to get married right away. That you can come for the visa and really use it as a time to get to know each other and to decide if you're well suited to each other. You don't have to get married, though certainly that's the expectation. I have a good friend who brought his fiancee from Thailand twice, the first time they choose not to marry, the second time they did.

How you react is as important as how he's acting.

I don't recommend doing this. First of all I don't think he's interested in her coming over. Second of all not using your K1 can have bad effects on future visas, your friend was lucky. People have been denied future visas because they didn't use the K1.

How to tell others no judge thenin the same paragraph allude to the same? Calling him a fool is judging. Maybe he isn't a fool at all and knows far now than what we do.

Maybe he is not. I don't know. Do you?

Filed: Timeline

I don't understand the post. They were together 14 years but he lied to her for 3 years? He was a married man with kids? My sympathy to his ex-wife and children.

That we know of ...

That's the problem with a lie, especially from an adult of his age ... it could very well be part of his core personality. What else is lurking under the hood?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non contributing post removed. Stay on topic or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Post removed from thread, edited to remove an attempt to sidestep the VJ word-filter, and returned to thread as follows:

There are great advises that VJ members gave you. I know that it is very hard for you to forget this man as you still love him, but actions are bigger than words and with his past and recent actions he showed you he does not truly loves you. You must look at the big picture. You only know him from long distance and spending vacations with him. People can put a real cover. It happened to me, I was heartbroken but then we must pick up broken pieces and move on. Scumbags are not worth our tears and heartache. Be strong and time will show and prove that you got some great advises on here that you should listen to. Just because he applied for K1 does not mean, he truly loves you. I have a friend that got married to a guy that petitioned for her. They knew each other for years. She was waiting for her interview. Leter turned out that he was in relationship with another woman and he had no intentions to bring her to his country. Her heart was shattered, but she had no choice but to forget [him] and move on. I wish you lots of strenght, but you deseve better that this guy who dragged you along for so many years. Hope you find someone worth your love soon! I know, you don't want to listen to this now, but you are better off with someone else.

Furthermore, 3 totally off-topic posts have been removed. Any more posts that discuss the tropical storm will be removed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.