onmywaytodenver

Re applying for same fiance after denial

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance lives in Colorado, and after sending in the documents requested for the RFE we were denied the visa. If indeed, it ends up being due to lack of proof of our ongoing relationship and desire to marry, and we simply need to send in more information, it seems as though it is not wise to appeal it as an appeal is only necessary if we feel they have not done their process correctly on that end. So, if we have to reapply, will there be any problems re applying for the same fiance? Can we do that immediately, and is there going to be any additional trouble because we are reapplying for the same fiance? I'd much rather re apply and pay $340 than appeal and pay $690! Do they ever just request more information from you after a denial or do they just deny you and that's it...you have to start again.

I've seen people on here say that for the RFE you should send in way more than they are asking for. We sent in two photos of our time together along with the original plane tickets and receipt for the flights. They were not very specific on what they wanted, but I would think that would have been sufficient. It sounds like next time we should send in records of our telephone calls and emails as well. I wish they could give people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to send more information if they haven't sent enough.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We were denied the first time after ten months (totally different issue tho) and then immediately reapplied. Like within 3 weeks. Thankfully his visa was just issued and we are waiting on the courier!

Others might have different advice but I sent in: pics, itineraries, and 5 months of phone logs showing repeated and lengthy calls from his phone to mine. You can try copies of emails, engagement ring receipt, etc.

Then save more stuff for your interview because you will have to show you have a CONTINUING relationship; new chat, call, and text logs, more pics in different situations, proof you met family and friends, actually went places together. This is what we did. :)

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They do not need you to prove your ongoing relationship for the I-129F. Did your RFE really ask for more proof of ongoing relationship? What exactly did it ask for and what did you provide? Have you already been denied?

The proof you need for the I-129F is that you met in person in the 2 years prior to filing and that you intend to marry within the 90 days of your arrival. You prove face-to-face meeting with passport stamps, boarding passes, baggage claim tickets, hotel receipts, ATM receipts/credit card and bank statements showing activity in the other country during the time of your visits together, and other documentary evidence you believe can be used to prove meeting in person. Photos from your visits together can be used as secondary evidence to back up the other evidence. Intention to marry is proven with letters of intent from each you, as mentioned in the I-129F instructions and the guide here on VJ. There are sample letters of intent here on VJ too.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Could it have been an issue with the dates? Did you meet in person within the 2 year period prior to filing the petition, or was it before/after?

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

I did not really understand, so you got denied in USCIS or in the embassy during the interview?

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You need to prove a relationship for the I129F if you got an RFE and didn't respond well enough then it was denied ( 2 pictures prove you have a camera not a relationship )

After being denied you can reapply. Follow the guides here and most people are OK .

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My fiance lives in Colorado, and after sending in the documents requested for the RFE we were denied the visa. If indeed, it ends up being due to lack of proof of our ongoing relationship and desire to marry, and we simply need to send in more information,

it seems as though it is not wise to appeal it as an appeal is only necessary if we feel they have not done their process correctly on that end. So, if we have to reapply, will there be any problems re applying for the same fiance?

No

Can we do that immediately, and is there going to be any additional trouble because we are reapplying for the same fiance? I'd much rather re apply and pay $340 than appeal and pay $690! Do they ever just request more information from you after a denial or do they just deny you and that's it...you have to start again.

Yes to the latter.

I've seen people on here say that for the RFE you should send in way more than they are asking for. We sent in two photos of our time together along with the original plane tickets and receipt for the flights.

What you describe is only proof of meeting, not of a relationship.

They were not very specific on what they wanted, but I would think that would have been sufficient. It sounds like next time we should send in records of our telephone calls and emails as well. I wish they could give people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to send more information if they haven't sent enough.

Nothing personal but it seems you FUBARed this to the max and didn't even come close to sending them near enough or of sufficient quality to prove a relationship and desire to marry.. It is OK to purposefully generate different kinds of evidences that will describe your relationship and your intentions. Canada is such a low fraud country to get denied on the basis you describe means you really really didn't do yourself justice. Best to re-Read the Guides and the Sticky Notes before you submit another petition.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't see on here that you sent the letter of intent to marry from you and your fiance...these letters are a must.....if you don't know what it is ..it's a letter written by each of you expressing that you are willing and capable of getting married to each other within 90 days of him reaching the states......I also sent in copies of my passport pages where customs stamped each of my travel to and from my visits.... I am not sure of what you sent in but if you only sent the pictures and the form I-129F you are still missing documents...I also didn't see where you said you sent in the G 325 biographic data....what exactly did you send in with your application?

good luck

Edited by Extreme happiness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance lives in Colorado, and after sending in the documents requested for the RFE we were denied the visa. If indeed, it ends up being due to lack of proof of our ongoing relationship and desire to marry, and we simply need to send in more information, it seems as though it is not wise to appeal it as an appeal is only necessary if we feel they have not done their process correctly on that end. So, if we have to reapply, will there be any problems re applying for the same fiance? Can we do that immediately, and is there going to be any additional trouble because we are reapplying for the same fiance? I'd much rather re apply and pay $340 than appeal and pay $690! Do they ever just request more information from you after a denial or do they just deny you and that's it...you have to start again.

I've seen people on here say that for the RFE you should send in way more than they are asking for. We sent in two photos of our time together along with the original plane tickets and receipt for the flights. They were not very specific on what they wanted, but I would think that would have been sufficient. It sounds like next time we should send in records of our telephone calls and emails as well. I wish they could give people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to send more information if they haven't sent enough.

Okay so we can help you to refile and you not get another RFE can you type here or post the RFE letter redacted of personal stuff so we can see and instruct accordingly.

Sorry this happened and you are right appeal nope if it wasn't their fault. Also you did send all in the time allowed correct?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

that 2 year rule s*cks! I've been reading some timelines that they met online and know each other for just a year and visit just once! they filed for i129f and they got approved!! So whats with that 2 year period?!!

Its just depend on how you send that form. Just make sure you send them what they need.

1. form

2. letter of intent

3.proof of relationship

4.financial support (that helps alot)

5. copy of itinerary,tickets,hotels receipt

6. birth certificate (copy)

7. passport copy

8. payment

You have to have MET in person sometime in the last two years. You don't have to KNOW each other two years.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

so i as well just recieved a denial in the mail and i dont know whether or not i need to appeal or just restart the whole process...

they said that it was denied because we didnt have enough evidence supporting that she was going to marry me when she got here. Can i just send them in more evidence with the I-290B or what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

that 2 year rule s*cks! I've been reading some timelines that they met online and know each other for just a year and visit just once! they filed for i129f and they got approved!! So whats with that 2 year period?!!

Its just depend on how you send that form. Just make sure you send them what they need.

1. form

2. letter of intent

3.proof of relationship

4.financial support (that helps alot)

5. copy of itinerary,tickets,hotels receipt

6. birth certificate (copy)

7. passport copy

8. payment

It comes from the I-129F instructions. It is a requirement to have met in person within the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F petition.

Who May File Form I-129F?

You may file this petition if you are a U.S. citizen and:

1. You and your fiancé(e):

a. Intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé's admission to United States and you are both free to marry;

b. Have met in person within 2 years before filing this petition, unless you establish that either:

(1) The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would violate strict and long-established customs of your or

your fiancé(e)'s foreign culture or social practice; or

(2) The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would result in extreme hardship to you.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.