clowy

husband cheated WANT divorce and ALIMONY

36 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I jut want to ask some questions regarding my situation right now I am

married for 5 yrs, we are still married, got married in the Philippines to USC And I just have few months to get my citizenship but moved back to the Philipines for cheaper school and husband cheated while he is in Guam working after few months now I want to know what are the rules if I want to divorce my husband after I got my citizenship?

We are really miserable since 3yrs but been very happy for 2 yrs.We are friends and talk things smoothly that he will still support me and all until i get back on my feet.,but I don't want to rely to whatever he say since he is seeing another girl now.while I am here in the Philippines.

Will I get an alimony if he lives in Guam ?and I will move to

California? And got a 6 month residency there? Riverside County to be exact.

We lived Guam for 1.5yr 2010-2012 and before that we lived with his mom

for 1 yr in Florida 2009-2010. I live here in the Philippines 2007-2009 during our marriage.

We never buy anything except car when we got married.Using his hard earned money.

I worked for just 1.5yr in the states GUAM in a hospital and its just 10.50./hr job ...I don't have money now since I

am just studying right now while he supports me.He said he can save money by doing this cheaper education and wait till i became a nurse then our income will be much better.

I got two jobs while I was in Guam and still hubby is not very happy with my income and with me.Fights arises here and there cheating and all those kind of drama.IM tired I did everything I could to make him happy he doesnt want a baby yet since MY income is not big enough.for 5yrs I put up with his sshitt.Im just tired.

And he is earning good money like 80 grand a year.

What should I do I want a divorce but I don't have money right now but

will move back to the states this March to work again and to get my

citizenship. Save money and divorce him eventually.

He said he doesnt want us to get a divorce he just want I guess to fuuuck around and wait till I become a nurse.And if he thinks he is done with all his cheating he will come back to me.

WILL I get an ALIMONY? I know that it all depends on the state of residency of the two.

Please let me know what my options are.

Thank you so much.

I will appreciate all ur helpful comments...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree with the advice, given to you above. Spousal support is usually never given, especially if you have been employed. That is given more to wives, who have children or having some kind of disability or their husband would not let them earn their own income (therefore becoming completely dependent on husband). If you have been working, even if not currently, they will view this as you being able to care for yourself. Years ago, women were awarded this, but now it is very uncommon.

Also, being that you are in process of immigration proceedings or status change, it may cause you more harm to make such request. Most will view this as your way of gaining immigration benefits and monetary gain, and will think your entire marriage has been based on fraud.

I would suggest too, that you talk both with an immigration and divorce lawyer. This is going to be a very sticky situation, and you don't need to go about it alone, without representation. But before doing this, I would seriously consider the possible outcome of it all. I'm sorry that you are going thru this. But I think spousal support, is going to be the least of your worries, once all is said and done. Good luck!

Do you have a 10 year GC?

If yes, I suggest forget the support, get a divorce!!! move on with your plan to go to California and work... work hard... the good thing is... you do not have a child to support, so if you work hard on your own... you should be fine...

File for citizenship later not based on your marriage, in case you will get a technicality that you just married to get citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are angry and want to punish him. However alimony is not a punishment, it is a was to transition from coupleness to singleness. As a employable childless person you will be granted alimony based on the difference in your income earning ability and the length of the marriage. At 5 years you barely qualify for anything by California law. You will only get a few hundred at best and only for a period of half the marriage ( or possibly half the US part of the marriage ) Just move on you won't punish him with alimony, let him live on in a series of meaningless relationships until he is too old to get a new one.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

It seems real coincidental and very convenient that the first 2 years you were married and STILL in the Philippines you were happy, yet at the beginning of the last 3 years of you marriage ie right when you entered the US & received your greencard your marriage started making you miserable. Smells fishy. As mentioned you could get yourself in trouble if someone decides to look twice at your case due to all your claims and demands. Don't be greedy. Cut and go, wait a few more years then apply for citizenship.

:thumbs:

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I jut want to ask some questions regarding my situation right now I am married for 5 yrs, we are still married, got married in the Philippines to USC And I just have few months to get my citizenship but moved back to the Philipines for cheaper school and husband cheated while he is in Guam working after few months now I want to know what are the rules if I want to divorce my husband after I got my citizenship?

okay so you moved back to PI and thus gave up your residency in the US correct? How long have you been living back there? When did you last visit the US?

if you want to divorce, divorce. Do not commit immigration fraud by trying to obtain citizenship based on a marriage you have stated you want to end. You aren't living together. He sends you money though. How do you think you'll pass the relationship requirements? You are aware they can revoke your citizenship if they find out you lied right?

Don't risk it. Either get him to file for divorce, or wait for the 5 year mark when your marriage doesn't matter.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

unless you maintained your usa residency whilst going to school in the PI,

and unless you have an SB-1 in hand

then there's a great chance USCIS already thinks you've abandoned your US Residency and

your USCIS-issued Green Card.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Agree with above, depending on how long you've been back in the Philippines, your green card may be considered abandoned, and you might not even have your residence status anymore, much less qualify for citizenship.

You should never delay or "schedule" divorce or separation based on your immigration status - it looks (and sounds) very suspicious. Your green card won't be revoked if you're divorced, not will citizenship be denied - you just have to wait a couple extra years for the latter.

If you commit fraud, citizenship is not a safe zone.

Filed: Other Timeline

Smack of fishyness here, if he cheated, U happy living in your country, u claims U are still friends, all

he did was cheat, it seems like a business agreement when U said that, divorce him and move on, if

he's helping with education Y so hell bent in getting in his pocket, U got no kids he gave U a GC

let it go....dont hate it will destroy U.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Move on he spent enough money for flights, vacations, meeting & marrying, and applying for citizenship. Everyone here already pretty much explained everything. As you stated enough money to get back on your feet. Do you want to spend all that money on 2 attorneys? They will take as much as they can get. You don't have much of a case. Don't be greedy be happy!

Move on he spent enough money for flights, vacations, meeting & marrying, and applying for citizenship. Everyone here already pretty much explained everything. As you stated enough money to get back on your feet. Do you want to spend all that money on 2 attorneys? They will take as much as they can get. You don't have much of a case. Don't be greedy be happy!

:yes:

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.