pinoyako

tourist visa got arrested and ordered to appear in court

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my 3 friends who came here(USA) last year on a tourist visa got arrested but was released same day were advised to appear again in court at the end of this month.while they were here,they applied to do masterals in a university but unfortunately,they were not accomodated.their tourist visa expired last december and in march immigration police took them.someone might have tippied them of.they are all siblings.

they will get married in good faith before the said appearance to the judge.what would be the complications in terms of their status once they apply for AOS?what are other options to resort to instead of going back to africa where life is uncertain?they are all nurses but due to the retrogression no visa is available yet.anyone who could recommend a good lawyer is a big help.thanks for all your help for these poor fellows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They will have a hard time to AOS from tourist visa if the marriage took place after they were picked up by immigration. I would recommend the immigrate2us.net site as they deal with this kind of issue more than visa journey but I think they are heading towards being deported. Being born in Africa does not give one special treatment immigration wise unless they are from an extremely dangerous area

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Timeline

If I understand your post correctly, your 3 friends got "picked up" because their visas are expired and all 3 are now illegal in the US, correct? If so, then the court date is in front of an immigration judge, basically it's a deportation hearing.

And now all of your 3 friends met 3 women who are willing to marry them out of love, at the same time?

And your question is, will the immigration judge believe that story of the amazing 3, stop the deportation, and allow them to adjust status based on the fact that they by then will be married to 3 US citizens?

Did I understand that correctly?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Haha. This might be the funniest thing I've read on here in a while.

"They will get married in good faith."

Really? All three of them? At the same time?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If I understand your post correctly, your 3 friends got "picked up" because their visas are expired and all 3 are now illegal in the US, correct? If so, then the court date is in front of an immigration judge, basically it's a deportation hearing.

And now all of your 3 friends met 3 women who are willing to marry them out of love, at the same time?

And your question is, will the immigration judge believe that story of the amazing 3, stop the deportation, and allow them to adjust status based on the fact that they by then will be married to 3 US citizens?

I love how you can turn something sounding so beautiful and innocent into sounding like it's a scam. devil.gif

Man, that's the craziest story I've been reading on here in a while....really makes you wonder about peoples minds.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I think the 3 friends could women who married 3 USC men, as they are all nurses.

(See OP's post:

they are all nurses but due to the retrogression no visa is available yet.anyone who could recommend a good lawyer is a big help.thanks for all your help for these poor fellows.
)

"fellows" may indicate that they are male but I think it is unusual that 3 brothers would all choose to be nurses.

That being said, I share Bob's skepticism. The fact that all of them got married would tend to indicate immigration fraud.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Well THAT was entertaining reading...Im from South Africa.. and I can ASSURE you, there is NO such thing as "special treatment"...That being said, I think Im going to call the DoS to see if theyve taken my file out of administrative processing yet. :whistle:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

I say - go for it...

Please re-post back on how it goes for future reference.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Comment that went overboard in sarcasm and commentary about the OPs post has been removed. This is still the Immigration forums and not Off Topic so please keep off topic comments out of this thread. If you have nothing useful to add to the discussion, then please do not add anything.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Comment that went overboard in sarcasm and commentary about the OPs post has been removed. This is still the Immigration forums and not Off Topic so please keep off topic comments out of this thread. If you have nothing useful to add to the discussion, then please do not add anything.

damn, i always miss the fun stuff.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They will have a hard time to AOS from tourist visa if the marriage took place after they were picked up by immigration. I would recommend the immigrate2us.net site as they deal with this kind of issue more than visa journey but I think they are heading towards being deported. Being born in Africa does not give one special treatment immigration wise unless they are from an extremely dangerous area

Thanks pal for the info.thanks too to all who shared their thoughts. concerning these poor guys(2 ladies and a brother),they're determined not to go back to africa no matter what.america has so much to offer for their future than go backhome and start from zero.i hope you all understand the scenario here ...once they're back to africa with little chance to come back here again.

the brother once joked " it is better to stay inside a prison jail in the US than to go home where there's little food and no aircondition and no good stuffs.atleast in here you eat 3 times a day with snacks and good times inside a US jail"hehehe.i agree with him.for the ladies,they prefer to work "under the table" for the meantime as house maids/nannies and earn money to send home to help their other sibblings.

hope someday,they will overcome this great trial.i will post any development regarding their present status/court appearance etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.