R&AINC

Visa Interview gone wrong

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Expectations are important, so it's critical to have the proper expectations. Nothing about this case is out of the ordinary. Prepare for potential delays and rejoice if they are short or non-existent.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you has asked for your passport they would have given it to you.

And still will.

Problem solved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am really disappointed and sad that after 3 years of fighting against the distance, the circumstances, and this visa process, it all came down to this shitty day. There is a person which likes to play god, and decide for you if you can be happy and sad for the rest of your life.

A person that detached from the real word by a glass wall, is able to destroy lives with a smile in the face.

I have been preparing for this interview for the las 9 months, and since my situation is a little complex( I lived in the usa before), I had to submit also extra documentation showing that I had been in legal status while in the USA. Well not only I was in legal status while in the usa, but I also drop thousand and thousand of dollars to get a degree from an american school. Moreover, since I also worked legally, I paid taxes to the us government for 4 years.

This interview is for a K-1 visa, which is supposed to be a visa for people that love each other. Nevertheless not even one question was asked about the relationship. Maybe the person playing God had already decided maybe not, but the simple fact that I am doing this the legal way, should give me credit instead of making me feel that I am a liar.

I do not go into details, because it upsets me only to think about it. I left upset, but not because I could be denied for a visa, not because I felt so humiliated by the wannabe god, and not even because I may not be able to go to the USA. I do not care about those things. I do not give a ###### about them. But the sole idea of having to tell my love that we cannot be together because the visa maybe be denied, is just eating me inside my brain and my heart. I called her and told her how it went and she started crying... and I cannot take that. My love should only cry of happiness because I can be with her. YOu can only understand this feeling if you love someone. But a wannabe GOD was not in the mood today to make me and my love happy.

They just gave me a green paper and said that they do not know how long it will take. They also said" If i were you I would not book a flight yet" The only positive thing is that they kept my passport..... what a ###### day

Hey don't give in that easy....they put my Fiance(now my wife) through ###### and scared her into saying our relationship was a fraud....my lawyer said we were done....then I called the embassy and emailed "The Letter" then 3 weeks later the visa arrived with her passport...

My friend, you need to calm the f***k down. Sorry to have to talk to you this way, but some people need a slap in the face every once in a while to wake them up. You have not been denied (not as of yet anyway). As everyone else hase stated before me, the fact that they kept your passport is a good sign.

Stop victimizing yourself. And by the way, don't blame the Consul for making your Fiance cry whe you told her the news. It was YOUR RESPONISIBILITY as a MAN to make her see that this is a good thing. If this is how you're going to act everytime you hit a bump in the road, I would hate to be the one by your side.

:thumbs: All the drama totally unnecessary. People go thru AP all the time, and then are given a visa. Chill, Bill!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry this happened to you. I and so many others here know exactly how you feel. Me and my fiance cried our hearts out as well when his passport was returned to him without a visa and it was sent back to USCIS for further review. But as someone here said...they kept your passport and didn't give it back to you, which is good. They've placed your case on AP which seems to be procedure for a lot of Embassies. Delhi (our embassy) is famous for them. And yes, they do seem to play at being God and thats what makes this process sometimes a nightmare in that our lives are literally held in another imperfect human beings hands, this makes it scary as hell. The feeling of helplessness is the worst part of having to wait and not know what the heck is going to happen or when it's going to happen, or why?.

Anyway, again I'm sorry this happened and hope that you get your good news soon.

Edited by k.loveh

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thank you all for your support.

The reason that they kept the passport is good to a certain point.

The fact is that they may be depriving me from my passport for who knows how long. It will be for sure irresponsible, but maybe also illegal for them to keep my passport, which they do not have jurisdiction over.

Therefore I am thinking that they just wanted to be overcautious, but it was more a yes than a no so that is why they kept the passport.

I guess not everybody can....

Seems as though you do not actually know what is going on, hopefully your fiancee is not upset becasue you do not understand something. If they expect significant delays in issuing the visa they dso not keep the passport

We use the same sign in name so I am sure she will read it later on. The thing is all based on expectation. Kids expect to get gifts on Christmas, as me and my fiancee expected to get the visa today. But we did not. So I call tell er the facts and she cries. As you say, I do not know what is happening and this is the problem.

The next post after yours said that they have held the passport for 90 days. For me that is a significant delay.

I understand your point, but I hope you understand mine.

Most of life's stress is caused by unreasonable expectations. This process can be delayed at any point by any of the agencies involved and you never should count or expect anything until the visa is in your hand. I know of NO consulate that gives a visa the day of the interview. Even without delays it can be 3 days to 2 weeks.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Thank you all for your support.

The reason that they kept the passport is good to a certain point.

The fact is that they may be depriving me from my passport for who knows how long. It will be for sure irresponsible, but maybe also illegal for them to keep my passport, which they do not have jurisdiction over.

Therefore I am thinking that they just wanted to be overcautious, but it was more a yes than a no so that is why they kept the passport.

I guess not everybody can....

Seems as though you do not actually know what is going on, hopefully your fiancee is not upset becasue you do not understand something. If they expect significant delays in issuing the visa they dso not keep the passport

We use the same sign in name so I am sure she will read it later on. The thing is all based on expectation. Kids expect to get gifts on Christmas, as me and my fiancee expected to get the visa today. But we did not. So I call tell er the facts and she cries. As you say, I do not know what is happening and this is the problem.

The next post after yours said that they have held the passport for 90 days. For me that is a significant delay.

I understand your point, but I hope you understand mine.

Most of life's stress is caused by unreasonable expectations. This process can be delayed at any point by any of the agencies involved and you never should count or expect anything until the visa is in your hand. I know of NO consulate that gives a visa the day of the interview. Even without delays it can be 3 days to 2 weeks.

Italy Consulate in Naples gives them the day of interview and you pick it up that same evening at the Mail Boxes Etc.

To OP; Just relax, it is not denied, just delayed...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am really disappointed and sad that after 3 years of fighting against the distance, the circumstances, and this visa process, it all came down to this shitty day. There is a person which likes to play god, and decide for you if you can be happy and sad for the rest of your life.

A person that detached from the real word by a glass wall, is able to destroy lives with a smile in the face.

I have been preparing for this interview for the las 9 months, and since my situation is a little complex( I lived in the usa before), I had to submit also extra documentation showing that I had been in legal status while in the USA. Well not only I was in legal status while in the usa, but I also drop thousand and thousand of dollars to get a degree from an american school. Moreover, since I also worked legally, I paid taxes to the us government for 4 years.

This interview is for a K-1 visa, which is supposed to be a visa for people that love each other. Nevertheless not even one question was asked about the relationship. Maybe the person playing God had already decided maybe not, but the simple fact that I am doing this the legal way, should give me credit instead of making me feel that I am a liar.

I do not go into details, because it upsets me only to think about it. I left upset, but not because I could be denied for a visa, not because I felt so humiliated by the wannabe god, and not even because I may not be able to go to the USA. I do not care about those things. I do not give a ###### about them. But the sole idea of having to tell my love that we cannot be together because the visa maybe be denied, is just eating me inside my brain and my heart. I called her and told her how it went and she started crying... and I cannot take that. My love should only cry of happiness because I can be with her. YOu can only understand this feeling if you love someone. But a wannabe GOD was not in the mood today to make me and my love happy.

They just gave me a green paper and said that they do not know how long it will take. They also said" If i were you I would not book a flight yet" The only positive thing is that they kept my passport..... what a ###### day

That decision is not at all bad; maybe they just want to investigate a little more re your stay and work while in the USA. They kept your passport, therefore it is a good indication of you getting the K1 visa.

JNR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Am I the only one wondering what the details are?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
your process from start to interview was relatively fast. The consul may have some addition document verifications to do since you went through USCIS quickly. You also said that you had "additional documents" that you had to present because of your time in the US. I would venture to say that they need to VERIFY those before just handing over the visa. Maybe she didnt ask you about your relationship because she had to focus on the validity of all of the additional docs you submitted.

I've been asked for all these "additional documents" at the time of the interview too, so I know what the OP is talking about. They don't need to verify them as they already have that info in their system. These "additional documents" are NOA's issued by USCIS for change of status, same NOA as the ones we all get through the process, the only difference is the type of visa written on it.

I can also understand how the OP feels as on my interview I've been asked mostly of questions about my life in USA than of questions regarding my relationship, and I hate to say it, but that's an interview for a marriage visa, not a working one.

OP, as everybody have already advised you - call your fiancée and tell her you're on AR/AP, and have her call the Italian US embassy and find out what is going on.

Best wishes and a faster reunion :thumbs:

Edited by Chris and Ani

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Corina got her visa the same day of the interview but also was the last one to leave the embassy. But yes...others had to wait until next day. I guess it depends on many factors.

PEACE my friend.............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Back to the OP - ask yer USC lass to call the DOS Call Center , ask for case status.

But...

ask for :

1. current case status, with the date/time stamp and

2. last 3 status changes, with type, and date/time stamps.

DOS will know what's going on - the data is shared between the call-center and the Consulate/Embassy. The Consulate won't tell you what's going on (usually ) but DOS will tell ya, if you actually pick up the phone and call. My suggestion to 'wait 3 days' is still valid, as it takes time for the systems to sync up.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Back to the OP - ask yer USC lass to call the DOS Call Center , ask for case status.

But...

ask for :

1. current case status, with the date/time stamp and

2. last 3 status changes, with type, and date/time stamps.

DOS will know what's going on - the data is shared between the call-center and the Consulate/Embassy. The Consulate won't tell you what's going on (usually ) but DOS will tell ya, if you actually pick up the phone and call. My suggestion to 'wait 3 days' is still valid, as it takes time for the systems to sync up.

Dude, you've said this at least 3 times in this thread. OP gets has seen your advice, I'm sure. :blink:

Just FYI - DOS does not necessarily have the most updated information....and this was told to me by someone who works at DOS. Sometimes procedural issues are not necessarily updated in the computer...you can wait till kingdom come for the systems to sync up. Whatever current status DOS will have is based upon update at the consulate...if consulate does not update, DOS will have jack to say about the current status.. The best protocol in cases such as this, is still for the US fiancee/spouse to contact the consulate directly and inquire about status.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The best protocol in cases such as this, is still for the US fiancee/spouse to contact the consulate directly and inquire about status.
Si, man. After banging my head against the know-nothing DOS wall daily for over a month, I finally followed the advice of two different immigration attorneys (which I had been given before I blew the month-plus) and called the consulate. My situation was resolved within 3 days afterwards.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.